I tested positive for COVID-19

Good for you! How old are you?

6'2 - 205 now. Was 220.
Well, that fits the pattern. Lucky for you you aren’t 65 or older.
I’ve had similar symptoms but nothing is suppressing my appetite beyond eating. Obsessive hand washing and little interaction with anyone beyond my wife and my dog and I still caught a cold.

Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

I'm glad youre fine op
True you may relapse what if your made in friggin china test was faulty or get it again later in the year ...but it's insane if we're all gonna have to walk around with doctors notes to show up at the bar ...

Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Glad you had a mild case and beat it.

So far I know one friend who beat it, a coworker's spouse who is in the hospital who has it, and a family member who is elderly in the hospital who may have it.

You're a good poster but, seriously, you can get this again I think your doctor is full of shit saying you can give plasma
The plasma contains the antibodies that fought the disease, but no longer contains the virus. It can help someone who is critically ill. Like I said, it is worth its weight in gold.

I’d have reminded u of your dismissiveness previously but that’d be really shitty. Good luck man!
Yes it would. You're just mad that he didnt get properly hysterical.

Unless you're really old or have a compromised immune system you have a 99.5% chance of beating it.
that's 60 million people, in the USA
And NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO the virus WILL work it's way through the entire population. There is zero chance you can prevent coming in contact with it. Absolutely ZERO

I’d have reminded u of your dismissiveness previously but that’d be really shitty. Good luck man!
Yes it would. You're just mad that he didnt get properly hysterical.

Unless you're really old or have a compromised immune system you have a 99.5% chance of beating it.
that's 60 million people, in the USA
And NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO the virus WILL work it's way through the entire population. There is zero chance you can prevent coming in contact with it. Absolutely ZERO
Unless we get a vaccine before that? Hopefully.

My Daughter is Law has it now. It is like a flu for her. All the symptoms you hear about.

Not bad enough to go to the hospital. My son and their six year old daughter is trying to stay apart from her. The whole family is quarantined.

She works as a manager for Bank of America and was considered "essential" and was required to go into work.

No you can't be cured. Because there is no vaccine for it.
But social connecting helps us to get immune to each other.

If your body has developed the antibodies for this virus you are cured.

15 pounds? Damn. Good for you to be on the other side of this.

If your body has developed the antibodies for this virus you are cured.
But then why are the Democrat politicians and their News media shouting out that we must have a vaccine that is made with dead babies, mercury and lead to cure us from this virus?

What Do You Know About Mercury?

I don't do much US 'News" but this was interesting from my morning subscription browsing.
Scientists at odds after study finds coronavirus antibody puzzle
Gosh, this is the mother of all mothers of a sneaky and confusing virus.....

Nothing has ever been like it.... people have it, but don't know it,
People spread it, without knowing it....
it's infectious...without a fever,
some people with it develop antibodies...but some, about 1/3, do not?
It kills mostly the old, but sometimes much younger and without a health risk.... others that are old, survive?

It's conflicting, it's all over the place

I don't do much US 'News" but this was interesting from my morning subscription browsing.
Scientists at odds after study finds coronavirus antibody puzzle
Gosh, this is the mother of all mothers of a sneaky and confusing virus.....

Nothing has ever been like it.... people have it, but don't know it,
People spread it, without knowing it....
it's infectious...without a fever,
some people with it develop antibodies...but some, about 1/3, do not?
It kills mostly the old, but sometimes much younger and without a health risk.... others that are old, survive?

It's conflicting, it's all over the place
More REAL news
Iceland’s early coronavirus testing model shows 50% of cases have no symptoms

Look around folks. It aint all CNN and BBC and Faux and shit.
The information highway is pretty long. Use the CC at the bottom of many vids for that that Ingrishikal subtitles if needed( offered)

I'm glad you came out good. Your plan to donate plasma is excellent too. I hope they devise a plan soon, kinda like you were saying, to get people back to work. It's taking too much time now. Well, good luck down the road.

Not what he said. My exact note says "immune for the foreseeable future"
Oh I’m not doubting you at all. I’m just telling you that your doctor has been out of the loop on COVID-19. Lots of medical journals noting multiple infections.
If that is the case why are we social distancing and waiting for it to go away? Why are cured patients donating plasma? If it is the new common cold should we not just live with it?
But the common cold doesn't kill anyone...

And we will learn to live with it, hopefully under the condition of having a vaccine that works.... And not under the condition of never having a vaccine that works.....That would be a real change in how society functions....

But either way, we will learn to live with it... even if things are never the same....

I suppose it's time to come to grips with that,

And thank our blessings that our generations, knew what it was like BEFORE the Plague, before all the restrictions, that will become the norm, to future grand kids. :(

Forum List

Back