I tested positive for COVID-19

Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
I am really happy to know you're ok! This means this virus is not invincible! :)
We can defeat it! :yes_text12:

Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

I’d have reminded u of your dismissiveness previously but that’d be really shitty. Good luck man!
Worst is behind me. But honestly I have had the flu before and it was worse than this just not as prolonged.

Good to hear man - Keep up the good work!

Not what he said. My exact note says "immune for the foreseeable future"
Oh I’m not doubting you at all. I’m just telling you that your doctor has been out of the loop on COVID-19. Lots of medical journals noting multiple infections.
If that is the case why are we social distancing and waiting for it to go away? Why are cured patients donating plasma? If it is the new common cold should we not just live with it?
But the common cold doesn't kill anyone...

And we will learn to live with it, hopefully under the condition of having a vaccine that works.... And not under the condition of never having a vaccine that works.....That would be a real change in how society functions....

But either way, we will learn to live with it... even if things are never the same....

I suppose it's time to come to grips with that,

And thank our blessings that our generations, knew what it was like BEFORE the Plague, before all the restrictions, that will become the norm, to future grand kids. :(
We will be better after this and hopefully less reliant on China

I am really happy to know you're ok! This means this virus is not invincible! :)
We can defeat it! :yes_text12:
It is long lasting but definitely beatable.

First and foremost of course.... good for you. Like most, your condition was not severe and most pleasant for you, you did not require hospitalization and the dreaded ventilator.
Interesting notes...
Like my kids, both on the front lines as RT's have said.... it is fascinating, but frustrating that why does one person of the same age range, both healthy..... one is like you, but the other is ravaged and even dies.
Why does a 75 year old with heart conditions, and weakened immune system come out relatively fine... while a much younger person with no signs of any serious health conditions.... die.
This will be studied for years to come.

Secondly.... your point of opening up businesses to immune people.... is interesting. Probably just not enough of you to make any real difference I suspect, but interesting.
Third.... I would encourage you, if it is possible, to donate some time to needed personnel in hospitals that are immune. You can provide services to them without fear of contracting it, or of course transmitting it to others.

Cheers.

I’d have reminded u of your dismissiveness previously but that’d be really shitty. Good luck man!
Yes it would. You're just mad that he didnt get properly hysterical.

Unless you're really old or have a compromised immune system you have a 99.5% chance of beating it.

Looks to me like a number you just pulled out of your butt. Yep - Sure is!

Oh I’m not doubting you at all. I’m just telling you that your doctor has been out of the loop on COVID-19. Lots of medical journals noting multiple infections.
If that is the case why are we social distancing and waiting for it to go away? Why are cured patients donating plasma? If it is the new common cold should we not just live with it?

And we will learn to live with it, hopefully under the condition of having a vaccine that works.... And not under the condition of never having a vaccine that works.....That would be a real change in how society functions....

But either way, we will learn to live with it... even if things are never the same....

And thank our blessings that our generations, knew what it was like BEFORE the Plague, before all the restrictions, that will become the norm, to future grand kids. :(
The love of money, will likely rule....So CEOs and businesses will still be going to where labor is cheap....it may be Viet Nam, Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia, and still not the Americas....

China will be hurt with business losses, but it is likely....That manufacturing will still not be brought home..... though, I would love it to be brought here, and be proven wrong....

The love of money, will likely rule....So CEOs and businesses will still be going to where labor is cheap....it may be Viet Nam, Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia, and still not the Americas....

China will be hurt with business losses, but it is likely....That manufacturing will still not be brought home..... though, I would love it to be brought here, and be proven wrong....
If they do so we should tax them accordingly.

Yes it would. You're just mad that he didnt get properly hysterical.

Unless you're really old or have a compromised immune system you have a 99.5% chance of beating it.

Looks to me like a number you just pulled out of your butt. Yep - Sure is!

You mean like your "experts"

First and foremost of course.... good for you. Like most, your condition was not severe and most pleasant for you, you did not require hospitalization and the dreaded ventilator.
Interesting notes...
Like my kids, both on the front lines as RT's have said.... it is fascinating, but frustrating that why does one person of the same age range, both healthy..... one is like you, but the other is ravaged and even dies.
Why does a 75 year old with heart conditions, and weakened immune system come out relatively fine... while a much younger person with no signs of any serious health conditions.... die.
This will be studied for years to come.

Secondly.... your point of opening up businesses to immune people.... is interesting. Probably just not enough of you to make any real difference I suspect, but interesting.
Third.... I would encourage you, if it is possible, to donate some time to needed personnel in hospitals that are immune. You can provide services to them without fear of contracting it, or of course transmitting it to others.

Cheers.
I will definitely donate

Good for you, glad you beat it!

Good for you, glad you beat it!
Thanks man

The evidence suggests you are wrong. They keep finding out most of us have already developed an immunity to this -- probably when we were all sick with the "flu" last November.

Care ... you’re top5 posters in history of this forum lousy with Truptardians. Thx!! :)

Care ... you’re top5 posters in history of this forum lousy with Truptardians. Thx!! :)
????

????

Care4 - Sorry, I’m on my iPhone - How are u feeling right now? I have buddy still in CA ICU. Some progress from yesterday but 50/50. These sort of events get personal. Not about politics. Be well!

????

Care4 - Sorry, I’m on my iPhone - How are u feeling right now? I have buddy still in CA ICU. Some progress from yesterday but 50/50. These sort of events get personal. Not about politics. Be well!

Forum List

Back