i started intermittent fasting !

i started the 16-8 fasting method about 4 weeks ago and have lost nearly 10 pounds ! has anyone else tried intermittent fasting to lose weight ?
Yes. Well I eat one meal a day at 5PM. Have not lost any weight but have not gained any either on my “cheat days” when I go out with family and or friends and eat and drinks.

i started the 16-8 fasting method about 4 weeks ago and have lost nearly 10 pounds ! has anyone else tried intermittent fasting to lose weight ?
Yes. Well I eat one meal a day at 5PM. Have not lost any weight but have not gained any either on my “cheat days” when I go out with family and or friends and eat and drinks.
the alcohol may be preventing you from losing weight .

the alcohol may be preventing you from losing weight .
100%

I retired early.. Work like crazy around the Hillbilly Hollywood "estate".. Stole my daughter's dog and do trails 3 times a week with him, learned to eat when I'm hungry and pass if I'm not.. Dropped 30 pounds in a couple years.. Doctor embarrasses me with all the praise. In better shape than in my 40s...

Now I have to watch for losing more.. It's almost as hard to do.. Not braggin', but I really would eat without THINKING or listening to my body.. Doctor said "3 meals a day" is highly over-rated. And from this experience -- NOT for sedentary people at all -- which I was when working.

I'll go got "2 item Chinese" and pig out once/twice a week and skip dinner and not miss it at all. Maybe average about 2 meals a day when I was losing. Maybe 2 and half now because I'm more active.

I retired early.. Work like crazy around the Hillbilly Hollywood "estate".. Stole my daughter's dog and do trails 3 times a week with him, learned to eat when I'm hungry and pass if I'm not.. Dropped 30 pounds in a couple years.. Doctor embarrasses me with all the praise. In better shape than in my 40s...

Now I have to watch for losing more.. It's almost as hard to do.. Not braggin', but I really would eat without THINKING or listening to my body.. Doctor said "3 meals a day" is highly over-rated. And from this experience -- NOT for sedentary people at all -- which I was when working.

I'll go got "2 item Chinese" and pig out once/twice a week and skip dinner and not miss it at all. Maybe average about 2 meals a day when I was losing. Maybe 2 and half now because I'm more active.

The liver can process 700 calories at a time. Eat more than that and it immediately goes to fat. I generally eat three meals a day, but they are small. Rarely do I go over 800 calories at a time.

The liver can process 700 calories at a time. Eat more than that and it immediately goes to fat. I generally eat three meals a day, but they are small. Rarely do I go over 800 calories at a time.

And you're STILL ALIVE to post on a message board?? Why so extreme? The fat wont accumulate if you're active...

And you're STILL ALIVE to post on a message board?? Why so extreme? The fat wont accumulate if you're active...

I have always been a light eater, and I have always been active too.

When I was fencing competitively I would eat more, but not much. My body has always been pretty efficient.

And over the whole day that's 2100 calories so I ain't starving myself!

Might mess up your metabolism, so when you start eating normal your body being trained to store fat for energy will make you gain it all back fast. My diet plan uses the slow lowering of fat and calories method to not shock your metabolism. Replace your favorites with lower fat and calorie versions, hollow out rolls, use tortillas instead of bread, lettuce tomato and veggie fillers, less potatoes, diet drinks (remember juice has sugar), move over butter instead of butter, no fat sour cream, soy milk with gravy flour powder instead of cream, no fat mayo and dressings instead of regular brands, fruits and veggie snacks, eating half small plate portions with high in vitamin b veggies constantly through the day(more then twice a day to equate to 1-2 meal portions) actually keeps your body constantly burning fat for energy, but don't eat to close to your sleep time.
The idea is to increase your metabolism and train your body to constantly convert fat to energy, not starve it into shocking your body into storing fat as emergency fuel.
Then when weight goal is reached slowly raise back the calorie intake still watching sugar intake.
By slowly going back you won't shock your metabolism. Woman up in age should regulate their hormones before dieting, because as we age the depleted hormones affect their metabolism making dieting a waste of time many times until the levels are regulated properly. This is why many complain they do all diets and none work.

Sorry I read your thread all wrong by a single letter to begin with-

"i started intermittent f*sting?"

Ha ha need to concentrate!

I had an athletic build until struck by cancer. My weight plummeted down to 63 kilo's. The problem was that cancer had expanded my liver by 7cms and was pushing against my gut so I was continually gagging trying to get sick even before eaten anything. Chemo saved me and reduced the cancer down to the size of a walnut, which took the pressure off my gut. Problem was one of the side affects of chemo is nausea which I had bad. I remember waiting to have a CT scan and a nurse walking towards me with a glass of water, terrified I shouted - "I can't drink all that!" Sounds ridiculous now, but unless you've experienced it.

After a couple of years my weight had dropped to 47.5 Kilos. I'd have made an ideal extra in the film 'Schindler's List'
What little I ate tasted all the same, and like rusty metal. Then two years ago I also got Sepsis and having rejected going on a ventilator, I was asked how many times do I want them to try and resuscitate me when the inevitable happened. Anyway It didn't 'happen'. They kept giving me anti-biotics to try and find one that would stop the blood poisoning. One had the effect of pouring molten metal into my bloodstream, I was rolling around in agony for 50 mins and there was nothing they could do.

It was at this time that my body blew up and I looked like Arni Swartz, After 3 weeks I was over it the worst, and I thought my weight would drop back. My appetite though had gone into reverse. I could taste everything. I didn't feel sick and began stuffing myself. I ate 90 bags of potato chips in one week. I realised I had to do something drastic when I started to develop a pot belly and man boobs for the first time in my life, and the doc said I had to go on a diet.
Since then my weight has dropped back and it is now at the optimum for my height.

If you want to lose weight drink a large glass of beetroot juice every morning, it will fill you and put you off eating for most of the rest of the day.

If you want to gain weight, stuff yourself with potato chips. They don't fill you up, and get those jaws active munching, which is good for your facial muscles.

Sorry I read your thread all wrong by a single letter to begin with-

"i started intermittent f*sting?"

Ha ha need to concentrate!

I had an athletic build until struck by cancer. My weight plummeted down to 63 kilo's. The problem was that cancer had expanded my liver by 7cms and was pushing against my gut so I was continually gagging trying to get sick even before eaten anything. Chemo saved me and reduced the cancer down to the size of a walnut, which took the pressure off my gut. Problem was one of the side affects of chemo is nausea which I had bad. I remember waiting to have a CT scan and a nurse walking towards me with a glass of water, terrified I shouted - "I can't drink all that!" Sounds ridiculous now, but unless you've experienced it.

After a couple of years my weight had dropped to 47.5 Kilos. I'd have made an ideal extra in the film 'Schindler's List'
What little I ate tasted all the same, and like rusty metal. Then two years ago I also got Sepsis and having rejected going on a ventilator, I was asked how many times do I want them to try and resuscitate me when the inevitable happened. Anyway It didn't 'happen'. They kept giving me anti-biotics to try and find one that would stop the blood poisoning. One had the effect of pouring molten metal into my bloodstream, I was rolling around in agony for 50 mins and there was nothing they could do.

It was at this time that my body blew up and I looked like Arni Swartz, After 3 weeks I was over it the worst, and I thought my weight would drop back. My appetite though had gone into reverse. I could taste everything. I didn't feel sick and began stuffing myself. I ate 90 bags of potato chips in one week. I realised I had to do something drastic when I started to develop a pot belly and man boobs for the first time in my life, and the doc said I had to go on a diet.
Since then my weight has dropped back and it is now at the optimum for my height.

If you want to lose weight drink a large glass of beetroot juice every morning, it will fill you and put you off eating for most of the rest of the day.

If you want to gain weight, stuff yourself with potato chips. They don't fill you up, and get those jaws active munching, which is good for your facial muscles.
glad you are ok now !

If youre fasting ....water water water ...

These guys already said it smaller portions and be more in tune with your own bodies rhythm

Forum List

Back