I should have been a lawyer.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
By age 53, I should have saved tens of innocent people from hundreds of person-years of incarceration. I would have been proud of myself. I would have known that I have accomplished more then just talking on forums. All my opportunities are lost.

Nevertheless, if anyone can help me get a job from home for $10 to $15 per hour, I would be grateful.

By age 53, I should have saved tens of innocent people from hundreds of person-years of incarceration. I would have been proud of myself. I would have known that I have accomplished more then just talking on forums. All my opportunities are lost.

Nevertheless, if anyone can help me get a job from home for $10 to $15 per hour, I would be grateful.

I mean...what were you actually doing in your 20s and 30s? Two decades there?

As long as you're alive and healthy, it's never too late to pursue what you really want to do. :) I know someone who worked as a paralegal for years, and then decided he wanted to be a lawyer, so he studied and in his 50's he took the bar exam and now he's a practicing lawyer. I think life's too short to work a job you don't like or that you're not passionate about.

As long as you're alive and healthy, it's never too late to pursue what you really want to do. :) I know someone who worked as a paralegal for years, and then decided he wanted to be a lawyer, so he studied and in his 50's he took the bar exam and now he's a practicing lawyer. I think life's too short to work a job you don't like or that you're not passionate about.
I guess it is too late for me to try to become a paralegal. Or is it?

I must find a real job first.

I should have saved tens of innocent people from hundreds of person-years of incarceration. I would have been proud of myself.

Or you could have sent hundred of vile criminals to the chair.

To-MAY-to, To-MAH-to.

And 40s -- sadly not much.

I echo what others say here: it's never too late. Start one good habit now....get up early, get dressed, act like finding a job IS a job. etc.

It's too bad your parents didn't seem to recognize this was become a life-impacting problem by age 30, at the latest. But, here you are, so make the best of what you have now!

I echo what others say here: it's never too late. Start one good habit now....get up early, get dressed, act like finding a job IS a job. etc.
I will try to. I have already made a promise to my parents to improve my lifestyle from January 1, 2023-- before starting this thread.

I will try to. I have already made a promise to my parents to improve my lifestyle from January 1, 2023-- before starting this thread.

Well some more unsolicited advice--since you didn't ask. :)

Brains are somewhat like sponges, and I believe your life will reflect what you take in and put out. So yeah, I spend time here being bold and snarky, but my day job is pure sunshine and butterflies. I'm talking 8 hours a day, 5 days a week of purity with kids, for the most part. It's an infusion of the good stuff.

Where is your infusion of the good stuff? I see you posting a lot about men's rights....I don't think that's the infusion of the good stuff.

Find a positive interest and infuse your brain with that. It has to be GOOD. Good art. Good music. Good literature. Good movies. Keep at that, like a habit, and it will change your brain. Change your brain, change your thinking, change your life!

To add to my last post: walking in nature! I'm a huge proponent. Just outside. Download an app like Runkeeper where you can track your progress. Start with whatever you can do, half a mile a day, whatever. It's SO gratifying to see progress! "They say" three weeks makes a habit and I have seen that in my life for sure. Good luck!

Find a positive interest and infuse your brain with that. It has to be GOOD. Good art. Good music. Good literature. Good movies. Keep at that, like a habit, and it will change your brain. Change your brain, change your thinking, change your life!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. I mean, of course we live in a messed up world that is not all rainbows and butterflies. I'm not a pollyanna. But there's enough bad in the world as it is, why put more bad crap into our minds when we don't have to? I'm a firm believer in Philippians 4:8.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. I mean, of course we live in a messed up world that is not all rainbows and butterflies. I'm not a pollyanna. But there's enough bad in the world as it is, why put more bad crap into our minds when we don't have to? I'm a firm believer in Philippians 4:8.

Yes! The advice in the Bible is not just "lofty"--it's real and it WORKS. :)

Where is your infusion of the good stuff? I see you posting a lot about men's rights....I don't think that's the infusion of the good stuff.
I understand that my interest in men's rights is going to make me very unpopular among women and even among some men. Anyone who challenges socially acceptable prejudices is going to be unpopular. Someone who opposed Racism in a small Southern town in 1922 was an outcast. Given my knowledge of Russian History, I also know that those who opposed Serfdom during XVIIIth Century were rejected by Polite Society.

To a great degree, being outside of Society is part of my personal identity. That is something that makes me unique and almost a psychological necessity.

To add to my last post: walking in nature! I'm a huge proponent. Just outside. Download an app like Runkeeper where you can track your progress. Start with whatever you can do, half a mile a day, whatever. It's SO gratifying to see progress! "They say" three weeks makes a habit and I have seen that in my life for sure. Good luck!
Hopefully, when the Winter ends.

I understand that my interest in men's rights is going to make me very unpopular among women and even among some men. Anyone who challenges socially acceptable prejudices is going to be unpopular. Someone who opposed Racism in a small Southern town in 1922 was an outcast. Given my knowledge of Russian History, I also know that those who opposed Serfdom during XVIIIth Century were rejected by Polite Society.

To a great degree, being outside of Society is part of my personal identity. That is something that makes me unique and almost a psychological necessity.

Okay, I really don't care what you think about women or men's rights. It doesn't offend me. It's bad for YOU. And I don't think it makes you "outside society", as you readily find a lot of (unhappy) men rattling off about men's rights online. Yes?

Forum List

Back