I said it months ago and Candycorn reminded me of it often so ill say it again

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
The gop needs fresh, young blood. And I hope this is the last we see of Romney. He had his chance and America said no.

Now onto the real deal of what we must do...

We HAVE to find a way to draw in MANY more minorities into our tent. More and more the large metropolitan areas are the ones choosing our presidents. Those areas comprise of what, 90% of the minorities?

Obama should have easily been beaten but our party is just too narrow racially to accomplish what should have been so simple. We have got to reach out more effectivly. When Perry and Romney sparred over immigration reform in the primaries I sided with Perry and many of youchastized me for it

The gop needs fresh, young blood. And I hope this is the last we see of Romney. He had his chance and America said no.

We HAVE to find a way to draw in MANY more minorities into our tent. More and more the large metropolitan areas are the ones choosing our presidents. Those areas comprise of what, 90% of the minorities?

Obama should have easily been beaten but our party is just too narrow racially to accomplish what should have been so simple. We have got to reach out more effectivly. When Perry and Romney sparred over immigration reform in the primaries I sided with Perry and many of youchastized me for it

Here in Florida we have a very bright Republican named Marco Rubio i love him and if he Runs which i wish he would i would gladly and happily vote for him.

I think I know how the Republicans could appeal to young people...

Latinos. Hard workers, generally religious, seem to have a lot of conservative values on the whole. You'd think they'd be a good target to try to monopolize as much as possible.

And to add onto my previous i am 22 and a college Student Obama Energized the Youth Vote the first time around and he did it again this time. I think Republicans/GOP Need to take note of that.

2016 will be Jeb Bush/ Marco Rubio versus Hillary Clinton/tba

bet.

Thats all fine and good. And in the macro you're right.

For 2016, the GOP needs to break the NY-CA-MI-PA picket line. It's actually bigger than that but those are the trunks of the tree. The TEA party influence looks like it's here to stay so you're going to have candidates bouncing around like a pinball during the election...hard right then back to the left.

So the only way to survive this hurdle is to have some EVs in your pocket going in. Obama had a shitload of EVs in his pocket and Romney did not outside of Texas and the whole of the flyover states. Not good enough as we know now.

Rubio is fine but FL doesn't get you there as we saw tonight. Start tonight--groom someone who can break that log-jam.

In the long run, yes, you need to expand the roster as Jeb Bush has suggested now for going on 16 years. But that takes generations to do.

In 2016, Obama fatigue will be on the ballot as much as Bush and Clinton fatigue were on the ballot in 2000 and 2008. So that is something.

And to add onto my previous i am 22 and a college Student Obama Energized the Youth Vote the first time around and he did it again this time. I think Republicans/GOP Need to take note of that.

Life changes when you leave Gainesville. Pray something big happens like another dot-com bubble, otherwise the Keynesian model is toast for another generation.

Life changes when you leave Gainesville. Pray something big happens like another dot-com bubble, otherwise the Keynesian model is toast for another generation.

Better think again Even Fox news has said the same as well as the CNN folks

You shame the great University of Florida with your poor reading comprehension. I've acknowledged Obama's win, and it seems we're going to get 4 more years of the same fail.

You shame the great University of Florida with your poor reading comprehension. I've acknowledged Obama's win, and it seems we're going to get 4 more years of the same fail.
As do you i wasn't talking about Obama's win so you fail i was talking about something completely different. Nice Try but you just Failed large.

As do you i wasn't talking about Obama's win so you fail i was talking about something completely different. Nice Try but you just Failed large.

Good luck with the job search.

2016 will be Jeb Bush/ Marco Rubio versus Hillary Clinton/tba

bet.

Good Lord, I hope not.
I agree. Rubio is a dud. I keep asking, and nobody answers: what has this guy EVER accomplished, besides being born Cuban? Nothing. And he's not particularly smart or politically shrewd.

Jeb cannot shake his dumbass brother. And 2016 will be at the tail end of the Great Bush Depression and the memory will still be too strong.

Hillary may run, or may decide she's done. I don't know how I feel about her running.

Look for Chris Christie, Andrew Cuomo, Paul Ryan, perhaps Joe Biden, perhaps Mark Warner, perhaps Joe Scarborough, perhaps Jennifer Granholm, perhaps Nicki "Boom Boom" Haley. I would not rule out a return to politics by Eliot Spitzer, either, although maybe not at the presidential level at first. But before his fall he was touted as a major possibility.

Gators suck.

Go Noles!
Roll Tide!

There is nothing wrong with having a far right wing to the Republican Party, but if that wing is what controls the party, good luck on attracting minorities, and good luck keeping any moderates.

Well, glad you guys solved that problem. Oh wait. The GOP's poll leader is suing the #1 Hispanic Media presence in the US and lets off this in his announcement speech:

"When Mexico sends its people, they are not sending their best. They are not sending you. They are sending people that have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems to us. They are bringing drugs and they are bringing crime, and they’re rapists.”

Any more great ideas grumps?

Forum List

Back