I recently got into Skyrim again on PC...

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
...and I'm enjoying it a lot more this time. I have 112 hours played so far, but some of that is from when I first got the game at release. I'm not sure if Steam differentiates how much you've played by year. But I'm definitely much deeper into the game than when I first played it. I estimate that I only put about 12-20 hours into the game when it first came out.

I'm playing as an Imperial on the side of the Empire. Has anyone else played or beat this game? I don't want any spoilers, but I'm curious what side people chose if they did play the game.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Oh man, you are way over my head. I can barely play a game of Risk.

...and I'm enjoying it a lot more this time. I have 112 hours played so far, but some of that is from when I first got the game at release. I'm not sure if Steam differentiates how much you've played by year. But I'm definitely much deeper into the game than when I first played it. I estimate that I only put about 12-20 hours into the game when it first came out.

I'm playing as an Imperial on the side of the Empire. Has anyone else played or beat this game? I don't want any spoilers, but I'm curious what side people chose if they did play the game.

Yeah ... Don't ignore the ability to craft Items.

I've been crafting along the way, but only whatever I happen to pick up and find. I haven't been going out of my way to level up crafting. I just did the Battle for Windhelm, which was awesome.

I've been crafting along the way, but only whatever I happen to pick up and find. I haven't been going out of my way to level up crafting. I just did the Battle for Windhelm, which was awesome.

Can you post a link??

Great job making it through the Battle of Windhelm.

I was just giving you a heads up about the crafting.
It is a process you can learn and it will bring you as many levels as fight will (actually more, but that's for later).

Let me put it this way ...
Crafting, with a combination of smithing, alchemy and enchanting ...
You can finish the entire game with a rogue in light leather armor carrying a dagger ... :21:

Last edited:

Not The Imperial side, you statist!

You don't get to the "Valhallah" that way.

Double enchantments on items is so awesome.

I am presently playing again. One-handed axes and one-hand destruction magic. I have a high sneak and a decent bow level if I don’t feel like running into a room hacking and slashing. Sometimes a more surgical approach is needed.

I am presently playing again. One-handed axes and one-hand destruction magic. I have a high sneak and a decent bow level if I don’t feel like running into a room hacking and slashing. Sometimes a more surgical approach is needed.

Lol ... I am playing a rogue and spend 90% of the time in sneak mode.
I like sneak mode because I can run in crouch just slow enough to collect things along the way.

An ebony bow and arrows ...
Modified Penitus Oculatus armor (just assassinate those in the headquarters at Dragon Bridge)
A ring and necklace ... All with double enchantments and maxed smithing,

The enemy doesn't even know I am there ... :thup:

Lol ... I am playing a rogue and spend 90% of the time in sneak mode.
I like sneak mode because I can run in crouch just slow enough to collect things along the way.

An ebony bow and arrows ...
Modified Penitus Oculatus armor (just assassinate those in the headquarters at Dragon Bridge)
A ring and necklace ... All with double enchantments and maxed smithing,

The enemy doesn't even know I am there ... :thup:

I love feeling like a demigod. lol. I just had to log off b/c the Pens game starts at in 15 minutes. Playoffs are here, baby! Woot!

That game has some of the absolute worst garbage combat.

Try Dark Souls instead. A vastly superior game.

You have the absolute worst garbage combat! :mad:
Fanbois are funny.

The game world is great. The depth is great. But a HUGE part of the game is trash, the combat.
Bethesda RPG's are so far behind all of their competitors when it comes to melee combat it's funny. No targeting system, no lock on for multi enemy encounters. Zero weight to the impacts. Absurdly slow for most weapons.

It's just trash.

They will be announcing a new ip, a scifi rpg called Starfield in June at E3. Let's just hope it's on a new engine because the Skyrim/Fallout engine is antiquated and far behind the competition.

Demon Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
NioH
The Surge
Dragons Dogma
The Witcher 3
Deus Ex series

All action rpg's with vastly superior combat. The last one is with guns though.

Fanbois are funny.

The game world is great. The depth is great. But a HUGE part of the game is trash, the combat.
Bethesda RPG's are so far behind all of their competitors when it comes to melee combat it's funny. No targeting system, no lock on for multi enemy encounters. Zero weight to the impacts. Absurdly slow for most weapons.

It's just trash.

They will be announcing a new ip, a scifi rpg called Starfield in June at E3. Let's just hope it's on a new engine because the Skyrim/Fallout engine is antiquated and far behind the competition.

You’re not the only person to have shared these concerns with me. I agree in some ways about the flaws in combat, but the rich universe appeals to my nerdy side.

Total side note: I am not sure how much you like RPG/dungeon crawly board games, but Gloomhaven is pretty awesome.

Gloomhaven

Fanbois are funny.

It's just trash.

You’re not the only person to have shared these concerns with me. I agree in some ways about the flaws in combat, but the rich universe appeals to my nerdy side.

Total side note: I am not sure how much you like RPG/dungeon crawly board games, but Gloomhaven is pretty awesome.

Gloomhaven
I haven't played a board game in decades. Considered buying this one to compliment the digital games.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=dark+souls+board+game&tag=ff0d01-20

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I absolutely love Skyrim, and keep finding myself returning to it. I've probably put in 400+ hours, and I've never bothered finishing the main quest.

Grampa is right about the melee combat, though - which is why I always play either destruction magic or archer.

I absolutely love Skyrim, and keep finding myself returning to it. I've probably put in 400+ hours, and I've never bothered finishing the main quest.

Grampa is right about the melee combat, though - which is why I always play either destruction magic or archer.

I've been playing it in VR, and the melee is even worse there. Like you say, I've just dumped most of my XP into magic and archery. With the remainder going to stealth.

New Topics

Forum List

Back