I Really Like My G5! But...

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
No buts about the Mac, but this smells funny:

http://louminatti.blogspot.com/2007/01/al-gore-steve-jobs-applegate.html

Apple board member Al Gore personally vouched for Apple CEO Steve Jobs last week. As you know, Jobs has been under scrutiny for "backdating" stock options. From late December,

The threat to Jobs had been real, if for no other reason than the massive backdating scandal has claimed dozens of other scalps, including tech-world luminaries.

But with no less distinguished personages than former Vice President Al Gore, a board member, vouching for him, Jobs appeared to have weathered the storm with his reputation and position at Apple still in place.

Oops. On Wednesday of this week,

There are new allegations that CEO Steve Jobs was personally involved in stock option grants that, overnight, guaranteed Apple Computer executives millions of dollars.

A lawsuit filed in federal court in San Jose claims the options were granted the day before Jobs announced an agreement with Microsoft that caused Apple's stock price to soar. The suit alleges documents were forged in other sets of options.

"According to Apple, these were backdated options," said attorney Mark Molumphy. "Worse yet, apparently there was a board meeting that was faked to approve these options. If true, this is no longer just an accounting case, this is a cover-up case," he said.

Apple admits Jobs recommended the options be backdated, but the company said he did not appreciate the implications...

Gee, why wouldn't I believe that a billionaire like Jobs would put himself in jeopardy to make a few million more, smells like Microsoft bullshit. After all, OS10.5 is about to come out and the word is that Microsoft's Vista(crude copy of Apple's OS 10) has numerous security flaws before it's even released(how many years have they been working on this thing????).

Gee, why wouldn't I believe that a billionaire like Jobs would put himself in jeopardy to make a few million more, smells like Microsoft bullshit. After all, OS10.5 is about to come out and the word is that Microsoft's Vista(crude copy of Apple's OS 10) has numerous security flaws before it's even released(how many years have they been working on this thing????).

Yea, and unless you've got the latest, greatest hardware, it runs very slow.

Microsoft sucks, BIG TIME.

Hey, there's a black helicopter landing in our field, better go see what its all about......................:eusa_eh:

I don't have virus protection, firewalls.... nothing that didn't come with OS10. My machine is also an old G4(2 generations old). I have downloaded thousands of songs, photos, videos, articles and never hesitated to look at emails.....no viruses.

I know, I know, I can't build a MAC from scratch but that doesn't interest me....my interest is working with my computer. I have been able to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator on this "old" MAC to produce many illustrations, complex photo retouching, page design, book design and publishing, fine art and graphics..... still runs great with the latest version of OS10 Tiger.

Watch for Steve Jobs key note address at Macworld Tuesday, it's their 30 year anniversary. No doubt he will be announcing new technology that the imitators will quickly try to copy but never get quite right.

The operating system is the key. You might be able to build faster and even cheaper but as long as you have to depend on Microsoft Windows to operate it ....it will never be better, that's just how it is.

I got an old ibook for x-mas. It's just a tad slower than my 1 yr old Dell.

My mother has a mac of some sort, she had tons of viruses from somewhere, though.

Yeah viruses... as a Mac lover/user/abuser I was pissed when they all but dared the hacker community to write a Mac virus. Sure it's less likely, but why brag that it never happens or can't... someone right now is probably crafting the first, or at least the first that will make headlines.

Forum List

Back