Zone1 I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never made such claims. My math is better than yours. You guys hide behind per capita because there are more if you so you can use that to excuse the high crime in white communities. I can guarantee that if blacks had the same number of people as whites, we would not lead the nation in criminal offenders every year like whites do.

Furthermore, using per capita includes people who don't commit crimes. Therefore it is an inaccurate measure of crime. Per capita shows that 95 percent of blacks and 98 percent of whites do not commit crime. So that destroys the racist argument of the high black crime rate. So instead of broad brushing using per capita, we break it down into individuals who are actually criminal offenders and doing it that way shows that more white individuals commit crime.

Now that we've got this out of the way, the thread topic is about blacks who have done everything you chumps tell us we should do and they still face white racism. The way you guys always try reverting to the black crime argument when you are shown that white racism is exactly the problem we say it is shows that you guys are too cowardly to face this truth and discuss how you can work to end the racism in the white community. Doing that is called taking responsibility and that's apparently something you right wingers cannot do.
your own percent's you just used prove the point that blacks commit more crime you said 98 percent of whites don't commit crime and 95 percent of blacks don't. that means 2 percent of whites do while 5 percent of blacks do. Hoisted by your own post no less.

your own percent's you just used prove the point that blacks commit more crime you said 98 percent of whites don't commit crime and 95 percent of blacks don't. that means 2 percent of whites do while 5 percent of blacks do. Hoisted by your own post no less.
More white human beings were criminal offenders than blacks. A human being is not a percentage. What I showed was that both groups do not commit much crime. You want to cling to a belief that is racist. But this thread is not about your opinion of black crime. It is about blacks doing everything you losers tell us we should do yet still experiencing white racism. Explain that or post elsewhere.

always-S.jpg

In your trolling world, is murder a violent crime? If I was black, I'd be ashamed of these figures and want to work toward solutions rather than be an instigator making it worse. But hey, you are who you are.

Murder%20vidtims%20by%20race-X2.jpg
Murder is one violent crime. Now instead of this diversion, try explaining why blacks in the OP did everything whites like you say we need to do and still faced white racism.

This is the OP. Try explaining why these guys did everything whites like you say we need to do and still got screwed over by white racism. Stop dodging the issue.

In 1954, Gordon Alpert developed a theory of prejudice based on what is called contact hypothesis. To paraphrase what I learned in a very simple way is that prejudice comes from applying a broad brush to describe or stereotype an entire group of people based on a lack of information about that particular group. In discussing race in this forum we see all kinds of stereotyped factless comments coming primarily from the right.

I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

Moms everywhere are suffering from burnout. But Black mom burnout is different. As a Black mother to two teenage sons and a toddler daughter, I find myself wondering: Will my children be perceived as a threat and cut down in their prime because of their race? Will they miss out because they’re invisible to whoever is passing out the opportunities? Do they have to be perceived as perfect to get any chance to seize their dreams?

Many people of color often turn to the one tool we have in our own shed — the instinct to try to outwork any negative perceptions of us, to tackle the questions that haunt us like the spirits of our ancestors. We’re taught to overwork to prove ourselves beyond the reach of racism and to render racist stereotypes unbelievable or even laughable.

But is this tendency to overwork — and our tendency to encourage our children to do the same — an attempt to outrun systemic issues beyond our control?

Growing up in Tennessee, I was taught working hard was the key to everything — happiness, upward mobility and rising above racism in the South. And while I consider my work ethic one of my greatest gifts, it seems the neat equation of “racism + hard work = less discrimination” doesn’t always add up.

“Work twice as hard to get half as much” was the mantra many of us were raised on, but it is considered by most Black moms today to be played-out advice from our parents’ generation. Despite that, racism and its effects haven’t expired, and in many ways, they’ve been given new life in this era.

Op-Ed: I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

The problem wiith those who call themselves in opposition is the fact that they believe things that do not apply to the way blacks are raised. Perhaps if you are white and don't put in the effort, you will not not suceed. Perhaps if you are white and don't focus on education you will fail. But when we as blacks try talking to you about this you need to stop pretending that white racism is not a hurdle. Whites do not face this:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time. Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

Furthermore, using per capita includes people who don't commit crimes. Therefore it is an inaccurate measure of crime. Per capita shows that 95 percent of blacks and 98 percent of whites do not commit crime. So that destroys the racist argument of the high black crime rate. So instead of broad brushing using per capita, we break it down into individuals who are actually criminal offenders and doing it that way shows that more white individuals commit crime.
Really%20rotfl-M.gif

Never made such claims. My math is better than yours. You guys hide behind per capita because there are more if you so you can use that to excuse the high crime in white communities. I can guarantee that if blacks had the same number of people as whites, we would not lead the nation in criminal offenders every year like whites do.

Now that we've got this out of the way, the thread topic is about blacks who have done everything you chumps tell us we should do and they still face white racism. The way you guys always try reverting to the black crime argument when you are shown that white racism is exactly the problem we say it is shows that you guys are too cowardly to face this truth and discuss how you can work to end the racism in the white community. Doing that is called taking responsibility and that's apparently something you right wingers cannot do.
As nearly everyone on this board has explained to you ad nauseum, per capita is the ONLY way to compare statistics for groups of different sizes. You refuse to accept the basic math because it makes you and your fellow black Americans look bad when compared to the members of any other race.

Even using the numbers YOU just posted, "98 per cent of whites and 95 per cent of blacks don't commit crimes" blacks are two and a half time times more likely to be criminals than whites. Other than raw numbers there is no way you can claim whites commit more crimes than blacks.

I can guarantee that if blacks had the same number of people as whites, we would not lead the nation in criminal offenders every year like whites do.
How long to you intend to play this game?
Of course you would.
Do you really not understand what 'per capita' means or do you REFUSE to understand what it means?

As nearly everyone on this board has explained to you ad nauseum, per capita is the ONLY way to compare statistics for groups of different sizes. You refuse to accept the basic math because it makes you and your fellow black Americans look bad when compared to the members of any other race.
IM2 is actually exacerbating racism by making excuses for the significantly higher crime rate among blacks. It all goes back to his demand for reparations. If he were to admit that blacks are responsible for their own actions, he’d lose ammunition for his argument.

You are delusional
History is documented. So what I am , is right. Now try explaining how blacks as described in the OP can do everything whites like you say we need to do and still get screwed by white racism.

Explain why blacks can do everything whites like you right wingers say we should do yet we still get screwed over because of white racism.

History is documented. So what I am , is right. Now try explaining how blacks as described in the OP can do everything whites like you say we need to do and still get screwed by white racism.
The FBI crime stats convict blacks of committing more crime relative to their percentage of the population

IM2 DOES NOT CARE!

For him, every response to his trolling is a victory. He's been trolling this same forum for years and probably can't believe folks still respond.

Inflame%20a%20troll-S.jpg

IM2 DOES NOT CARE!

For him, every response to his trolling is a victory. He's been trolling this same forum for years and probably can't believe folks still respond.

He practically has an entire forum to himself. Look at how many of the threads are started by him with some version of “whites owe blacks.”

The FBI crime stats convict blacks of committing more crime relative to their percentage of the population
The American history books show 246 years of white criminal behavior.

Explain why blacks can do everything whites like you right wingers say we should do yet we still get screwed over because of white racism.

IM2 DOES NOT CARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back