I predict a future without the Democratic party...

Okay for one thing, incomes for the poor and middle class were already slightly growing under Obama. The problem with the wage growth under both Obama and Trump is that the growth is still way behind on the cost of living which only goes up each year. The wage growth is essentially useless.

Also, Trump inherited job growth. Obama presided over the longest stretch of job growth in history and Trump is headed toward a recession. And no, the low unemployment numbers have nothing to do with the risk of recession. That’s just stupid. It’s the market that is at stake - not job growth.

Nothing you post is true, why do you do that?

You saying the incomes for the poor and middle class were already growing "SLIGHTLY" under Obama means that even you realize the recovery calls back the term used during the Carter administration, malaise.

U.S. Inflation Rate, $1 in 2014 to 2020
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index, today's prices in 2020 are 8.55% higher than average prices since 2014. The U.S. dollar experienced an average inflation rate of 1.38% per year during this period, meaning the real value of a dollar decreased.

In other words, $1 in 2014 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $1.09 in 2020, a difference of $0.09 over 6 years.

$1 in 2014 → 2020 | Inflation Calculator

###

U.S. salary budgets are projected to rise by an average (mean) of 3.3 percent in 2020, up from an actual year-over-year increase of 3.2 percent for 2019 and 3.1 percent in 2018, according to the WorldatWork's survey data, collected through May 2019 from more than 6,000 responses, including from companies making no salary adjustments.

2020 Salary Budget Growth Expected to Notch Just Above 3%

###

That proves that we are having good wage growth.

Come on now, even the Main Stream Media has had to admit that there is no recession in sight. That's bad news for you, isn' it?

The Unemployment Rate Does Not Signal A Recession
Update - October 4, 2019
Oct. 4, 2019 10:29 AM ET

|The Unemployment Rate Does Not Signal A Recession: Update - October 4, 2019 | Seeking Alpha
Hey genius, the value of the dollar is obviously not the only indication of cost of living. You see there is such a thing as rising cost of rent, medical expenses, and every day expenses.

Here’s the statistic that actually matters: 78% of working adults live paycheck to paycheck.

78% Of Workers Live Paycheck To Paycheck

Unemployment Is Low, Wages Are Up — But Cost of Living in America Keeps Rising

The cost of living has risen 14% in the last three years.

...a party that has lurched so far to the left that it looks like they're about to nominate a Communist for President doesn't have much of a future.

The Democratic Party died with the Clinton Presidency. The name may still be the same but the party is long long gone.
You’re dumb if you vote for the GOP.

What's your excuse? :eusa_eh:

Billy became a democrat because at a very young age he liked the color blue better and picked it, it was the same color as what the nice men wore who brought him his beddy time pills. And the color red scared him and made the whittle man cry.

...a party that has lurched so far to the left that it looks like they're about to nominate a Communist for President doesn't have much of a future.

The Democratic Party died with the Clinton Presidency. The name may still be the same but the party is long long gone.

Billy became a democrat because at a very young age he liked the color blue better and picked it, it was the same color as what the nice men wore who brought him his beddy time pills. And the color red scared him and made the whittle man cry.
And yet, even now you can’t defend your reasoning for voting republican as opposed to an independent conservative. It’s your tribal nature. You people reason with pure emotion.

And yet, even now you can’t defend your reasoning for voting republican as opposed to an independent conservative. It’s your tribal nature. You people reason with pure emotion.

That's only because Billy I haven't voted Republican in a while now, I always vote conservative and independent, it is just that I can't remember the last time I saw the DNC run anyone whose platform wasn't practically a communist. My daddy taught me Communists are for shooting, not hugging. America used to fight wars out to kill them wherever they showed up. Now they run our schools and government and idiots like you cheer them.

Well, I don't know about him, but I've been doing quite well since Trump became president, and my 401K too! :D

I predict a future without a republican party. They have followed tRump so far into fantasy land they will never make it back.

I predict that people who predict the imminent demise of either party will be wrong. Like they always have been.

That's only because Billy I haven't voted Republican in a while now, I always vote conservative and independent, it is just that I can't remember the last time I saw the DNC run anyone whose platform wasn't practically a communist. My daddy taught me Communists are for shooting, not hugging. America used to fight wars out to kill them wherever they showed up. Now they run our schools and government and idiots like you cheer them.
Lol are you basically saying that Stalin was right to kill his own citizens? They were communist after all.

I predict a future without a republican party. They have followed tRump so far into fantasy land they will never make it back.

I predict that people who predict the imminent demise of either party will be wrong. Like they always have been.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. I wouldn't mind being able to do away with our "party" politics once and for all though! Who came up with this crappy idea anyways? It's way too late now, but wouldn't it be nice to just vote on a candidate based on his/her own merits instead of the party?

I was going to vote for Gary Johnson, until he blew it. He had to know that he had to be almost PERFECT in order to succeed. He was doing okay for a while, and then made some stupid gaffes. Very disappointing. When I realized he was never going to make it and it would come down to Hillary and Trump, I decided to go with Trump of course.

Lol are you basically saying that Stalin was right to kill his own citizens? They were communist after all.

What a stupid comment!

What a stupid comment!
Billy IS a bit dim..........

What a stupid comment!

If by a bit you mean a lot, I agree. :D

What a stupid comment!

Nah, I’m brilliant.

What a stupid comment!

Nah, I’m brilliant.
Yep, brilliantly DIM.

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, you are probably right. I wouldn't mind being able to do away with our "party" politics once and for all though! Who came up with this crappy idea anyways? It's way too late now, but wouldn't it be nice to just vote on a candidate based on his/her own merits instead of the party?

I was going to vote for Gary Johnson, until he blew it. He had to know that he had to be almost PERFECT in order to succeed. He was doing okay for a while, and then made some stupid gaffes. Very disappointing. When I realized he was never going to make it and it would come down to Hillary and Trump, I decided to go with Trump of course.

Unfortunately elections are the breeding ground for politics, and politics is the science of compromise and coalitions. Therefore alliances will be formed and political parties will always emerge.

Unfortunately elections are the breeding ground for politics, and politics is the science of compromise and coalitions. Therefore alliances will be formed and political parties will always emerge.

But there would at least be room for others and other views, instead of this two-party monopoly in government.

But there would at least be room for others and other views, instead of this two-party monopoly in government.

Perhaps. I’d encourage all voters to drop their party affiliation. Party affiliation turns people into partisan fools who end up defending bad people and bad ideas just because of party affiliation.

Compared to a party so far right hat it embraces fascism and has elected a potential dictator for president.

In all actuality I do to, but ya gotta counter-punch threads like this just on general principals.

New Topics

Forum List

Back