I plan on making a pumpkin pie this coming week

Yes, lemon pie is the best. Unfortunately, few restaurants serve the real deal. The ones that do sell the bad version make people sick at their stomachs when they spoon the sickly canned yellow filling with imitation lemon flavor (no juice, no zest of minced peel) into a cheapo barely baked pie crust in a thin aluminum foil "pie pan", top it off with wet meringue that stays that way through browning, and serve it up on a paper plate. I don't know why they do that when an honest-to-God, homemade lemon pie that is fresh and tart and good would bring them customer loyalty like no other desert could, well, except maybe fresh strawberry red-glazed pie that Riverside, California was once famous for...

Night, everybody. I'm almost done with the crocheted potholder I've been working on for 3 days, but my eyelids are clamping down, so guess I'll sign off. Praying for world peace tonight. :sleep:

93c684f3f8d662c7911df44f3539ea3d.jpg

I don't find pumpkin pie so good

in all truth ....I don't particularly like it

I like my pumpkin in my soup or roasted in the oven

This. No pumpkin pie for me even in November....let alone in July. However hubby loves it. I don't get it.

Pecan pie now...

Pumpkin is one of the healthiest foods on the planet.
Some of the nutrients found in pumpkin:
One cup of cooked pumpkin (245 grams) contains:
Calories: 49
Fat: 0.2 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Vitamin A: 245% of the
Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
Vitamin C: 19% of the RDI
Potassium: 16% of the RDI
Copper: 11% of the RDI
Manganese: 11% of the RDI
Vitamin B2: 11% of the RDI
Vitamin E: 10% of the RDI
Iron: 8% of the RDI
Small amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, folate and several B vitamins.
Besides being packed with vitamins and minerals, pumpkin is also relatively low in calories, as it’s 94% water.
9 Impressive Health Benefits of Pumpkin

From Wikipedia:
Pumpkins have been used as folk medicine by Native Americans to treat intestinal worms and urinary ailments, and this Native American remedy was adopted by American doctors in the early nineteenth century as an anthelmintic for the expulsion of worms.[34][qualify evidence] In Germany and southeastern Europe, seeds of C. pepo were also used as folk remedies to treat irritable bladder and benign prostatic hyperplasia.[35][36][qualify evidence] In China, C. moschata seeds were also used in traditional Chinese medicine for the treatment of the parasitic disease schistosomiasis[37] and for the expulsion of tape worms.[38][qualify evidence] Chinese studies have found that a combination of pumpkin seed and areca nut extracts was effective in the expulsion of Taenia spp. tapeworms in over 89% of cases.[39][40][41]

9 health benefits of pumpkins: 9 Impressive Health Benefits of Pumpkin It's unbelievable.

Well, she's departed probably landing in Houston about now. Has to change planes and go to Harlingen. I haven't made the pie yet, it will probably be later in the week, just got back from a 6 hour round trip to Love Field. Thank God it was early Sunday.

New Topics

Forum List

Back