I never would have believed this could happen... till lately!

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
A family member received a notice in the mail from the township that they must repaint their home in three days or they will be fined $5,000 per day till it's painted. Further if it's not addressed they could also have their home taken away. They pay $7,000 per year in taxes.

Money is tight for them as they just recently bought the house. Luckily the family is pitching in to have it painted for them and for a lawyer to get them an extension as it takes more than a few days to get a contractor to do the work.
Welcome to Soviet America!!

A family member received a notice in the mail from the township that they must repaint their home in three days or they will be fined $5,000 per day till it's painted. Further if it's not addressed they could also have their home taken away. They pay $7,000 per year in taxes.

Money is tight for them as they just recently bought the house. Luckily the family is pitching in to have it painted for them and for a lawyer to get them an extension as it takes more than a few days to get a contractor to do the work.

They should move to Quebec. Anything goes, even pink with spirally staircases outside. :laugh:

Must need paint. :p: Historic area? Or just the local ordinance sorta stuff.

Just some local guy with a township job whose sole purpose is to find homes that arent' perfect.

This isn't new, apparently this happens in many towns. Judges seem to have little patience for old people who are on fixed incomes.....

what township is this? stepford?!

That was one criteria I had when I went house hunting three years ago. No neighborhood association! I didn't want anyone telling me what I could do with my house.

I wouldn't mind living in a condo if I didn't have two dogs. But I'd rather have the dogs, and there is nothing you can't pay someone to do that would be more than the condo fee.

Does no one in the family know how to use a brush or a roller?It only costs the price of the paint that way.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back