I miss the old trains.

TTT for trains and the age of steam. In China, it seems, they still make trains. This one runs on raw, unprocessed coal straight from the mine, topped off with a mixture of coal dust and diesel sludge. It has no EPA restrictions, filters, spark arrestors, or any other such eco-maniac BS.

America used to make the greatest trains in the world. Those legendary were the first trains anywhere capable or transporting 1 MILLION pounds of American steel, coal, and raw materials at a speed of 80 MPH! 30 tons of coal is all it took to haul hundreds of tons of goods across the country as long as you minimized stopping the train.

I live near a train track and I never see real trains anymore. Back when trains were trains, this is people got to see when they ran to the track to watch the train go by.

th

There are a few historic replicas left.

shay-4-5-11-and-6-bellowing-black-coal-smoke-mark-serfass.jpg

I really like this video here.

When was the last time you saw something like that roll through your town? Here is a video from China, showing an impressive train.

As a matter of national pride, our country should build the biggest, baddest train in the world simply to show we can.

UP restored North America’s largest locomotive, the 4-8-8-4 Big Boy. I was there when they first moved it after sitting in SoCal for over 50 years to bring it back.

I’ve driven a GP-9 and my favorite- a 4-8-4
0841EB4B-1CBF-4F1C-B90E-51F12EBE0B5C.jpeg

My mother didn't get out too much, not anywhere special. I'm so glad I took her on this memorable trip through the woods.

Forum List

Back