I met Levi Wallace by chance at the golf course yesterday.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
My son and I were leaving the range heading off to play when a young black man approached me with some flyers. He said he played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and was hosting a golf tournament. I asked him what his name was and he said "Levi Wallace". My son who played freshman football with him almost dropped his bag. Neither recognized each other so that was a fun reunion. We chatted awhile, what a nice young guy! I was surprised he could play in the NFL he looked rather slim but he also looked like he could run down a race horse. He's had an amazing football journey. I told him they should make a movie about his life and he said "been thinking about that". He's created a foundation to help disadvantage youth. I told him we couldn't play but I would donate the entry fee to his cause. FYI leviwallace.org.

My son and I were leaving the range heading off to play when a young black man approached me with some flyers. He said he played for the Pittsburgh Steelers

Never heard of the guy. Reason why is because he has never PLAYED for the Steelers, he was just picked up by them a few weeks ago for the '22 season.

Never heard of the guy. Reason why is because he has never PLAYED for the Steelers, he was just picked up by them a few weeks ago for the '22 season.
He was a starting DB for the Bills and he was traded. What's the point of your post? Are you saying I'm lying about meeting Levi? What's your problem dude? :dunno:

If you don't know what you're talking about, you might want to do a few seconds of research before you make an ass out yourself. I don't know why people feel compelled to take a shit on a personal interest story, but there you go.

He was a starting DB for the Bills and he was traded. What's the point of your post? Are you saying I'm lying about meeting Levi? What's your problem dude? :dunno:

My POINT was that you said the guy played for the Steelers and as a Steeler fan, I never even heard of the guy. But the Steelers have had other Wallaces. Then looking into it I found out it was because he had just been picked up. Anything else you are just reading into a simple, innocent question. Maybe you've been trolled here by leftards here for so long you just suspect everyone.

If you don't know what you're talking about, you might want to do a few seconds of research before you make an ass out yourself.

Odd statement to be made by someone who wrongly reported that this Wallace guy has played for the Steelers! Mike, maybe you ought to apply your own criteria to yourself and say that you met this guy who was just PICKED UP by the Steelers and will soon BE playing for them this season instead of being so touchy.

My POINT was that you said the guy played for the Steelers and as a Steeler fan, I never even heard of the guy. But the Steelers have had other Wallaces. Then looking into it I found out it was because he had just been picked up. Anything else you are just reading into a simple, innocent question. Maybe you've been trolled here by leftards here for so long you just suspect everyone.
Maybe he should have the contract tattd on his forehead. " I play for the Steelers"
Played was a poor choice of wording
Go take your meds now. It's ok now.

Odd statement to be made by someone who wrongly reported that this Wallace guy has played for the Steelers! Mike, maybe you ought to apply your own criteria to yourself and say that you met this guy who was just PICKED UP by the Steelers and will soon BE playing for them this season instead of being so touchy.
I just told the story as it is and that's what he told me. You don't even know who he is yet you felt compelled to drop your dookie over some semantic issue. Whatever dude.

I just told the story as it is and that's what he told me. You don't even know who he is yet you felt compelled to drop your dookie over some semantic issue. Whatever dude.
Really Mike. Why is everyone so touchy? You didn't know who the guy was either unless you happened to be a big Bills fan. So fine, you met a Steeler, I hope he is good, maybe he will be replacing Joe Haden, the only thing that concerns me is that you said he looked kinda small, and the Steelers have had problems with a number of players who were all small for their position, from Kendrick Green to Ray Ray McCloud.

Really Mike. Why is everyone so touchy? You didn't know who the guy was either unless you happened to be a big Bills fan. So fine, you met a Steeler, I hope he is good, maybe he will be replacing Joe Haden, the only thing that concerns me is that you said he looked kinda small, and the Steelers have had problems with a number of players who were all small for their position, from Kendrick Green to Ray Ray McCloud.
You didn't need to crap on a personal interest story but you chose to, right? You also inferred that I lied because you made some stupid issue out of Levi being traded in the off season even though he TOLD ME he played for the Steelers. I have followed Levi's career since he walked on at Alabama and got drafted by the Bills. I have posts on this board that prove that, look them up.

You understand this. You are a smart guy. I expected someone to crap on my thread because that's what people do these days, I just didn't think it would be you.

My son and I were leaving the range heading off to play when a young black man approached me with some flyers. He said he played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and was hosting a golf tournament. I asked him what his name was and he said "Levi Wallace". My son who played freshman football with him almost dropped his bag. Neither recognized each other so that was a fun reunion. We chatted awhile, what a nice young guy! I was surprised he could play in the NFL he looked rather slim but he also looked like he could run down a race horse. He's had an amazing football journey. I told him they should make a movie about his life and he said "been thinking about that". He's created a foundation to help disadvantage youth. I told him we couldn't play but I would donate the entry fee to his cause. FYI leviwallace.org.

What a nice experience! Congratulations!

There is a saying that goes something like this: Never seek to meet a famous person whom you admire. Chances are that you will be disillusioned.

Many years ago, while waiting for the bus, I saw a local hero get off the bus. I struck up a conversation with him, telling him how much I admired him. He spoke with me for a few minutes until he saw a friend in the distance and promptly dropped me and walked away without saying anything.

What a nice experience! Congratulations!

There is a saying that goes something like this: Never seek to meet a famous person whom you admire. Chances are that you will be disillusioned.

Many years ago, while waiting for the bus, I saw a local hero get off the bus. I struck up a conversation with him, telling him how much I admired him. He spoke with me for a few minutes until he saw a friend in the distance and promptly dropped me and walked away without saying anything.
It's great when something so random like that happens and you find out just how nice they are in person! Thanks for sharing that. I think Levi will do great things. He is so young and he's already trying to help underprivileged kids. :113:

Forum List

Back