I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

You didn't watch the House impeachment did you? What the democrats are getting now is exactly what they gave to the Republican's. The house impeachment was 100% one sided in favor of the democrats who decided they were going to impeach Trump before he took office. It's was quite a show. They are also trying desperately to hide the fact Biden confessed on camera to Quid pro Quo and extortion of the Ukrainian government by withholding US aid until the prosecutor looking into Burisma, the company Biden's unqualified son was working for and getting paid $50,000.00 a month to sit on it's board.

Are the Republican's worried about the Truth? I think they are more concerned with getting Trump re-elected.

The real question is, was Trump looking for the truth when he requested the investigation into the Biden's and Burisma be reopened? Yes. He saw the video,Obama didn't do anything and he was the next seated President after Obama. Trump was within his right to ask for this obvious corruption and abuse of power to be investigated. If he is allowed to continue to investigate Biden and son you will find out it's money laundering of tax payer dollars, it's been going on for a while and it will lead right back to the DNC and probably a some Republicans too. Judging by the response of the Democrats to Trumps investigation their stake in this is higher. To say Biden can't be investigated because he is now a political candidate is to say because he's a political candidate Biden is above the law. The Impeachment was decided in 2016 and the conclusion which is equally as decided is he will be acquitted by the Senate.
I don’t care much for the tit for tat excuse. There were things that the Dems did in the house that were not cool. But that doesn’t mean the Reps in the senate should pull the same crap. At some point people in charge need to act like grown ups and just do the right thing.

I agree it's childish but also somewhat justified because it shows the hypocrisy and intent of the left. You'd have to be blind not to see the left are totally bias and only doing this as revenge for 2016 and a form of cheating in the upcoming 2020 election. It's my hope that at some point the Bidens will be called and have to explain themselves and we'll get down to a real trial with actual evidence instead of the hearsay the left presented in the House impeachment trial.
I don’t respect the tit for tat excuse. Sorry

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

You didn't watch the House impeachment did you? What the democrats are getting now is exactly what they gave to the Republican's. The house impeachment was 100% one sided in favor of the democrats who decided they were going to impeach Trump before he took office. It's was quite a show. They are also trying desperately to hide the fact Biden confessed on camera to Quid pro Quo and extortion of the Ukrainian government by withholding US aid until the prosecutor looking into Burisma, the company Biden's unqualified son was working for and getting paid $50,000.00 a month to sit on it's board.

Are the Republican's worried about the Truth? I think they are more concerned with getting Trump re-elected.

The real question is, was Trump looking for the truth when he requested the investigation into the Biden's and Burisma be reopened? Yes. He saw the video,Obama didn't do anything and he was the next seated President after Obama. Trump was within his right to ask for this obvious corruption and abuse of power to be investigated. If he is allowed to continue to investigate Biden and son you will find out it's money laundering of tax payer dollars, it's been going on for a while and it will lead right back to the DNC and probably a some Republicans too. Judging by the response of the Democrats to Trumps investigation their stake in this is higher. To say Biden can't be investigated because he is now a political candidate is to say because he's a political candidate Biden is above the law. The Impeachment was decided in 2016 and the conclusion which is equally as decided is he will be acquitted by the Senate.

You just keep repeating this same BS over and over. There are 10 probably right ways to do it and one wrong way. Rump decided on the wrong way and he is in deep crap over it. If he thought that Biden was guilty of what you claim, he had the entire Justice System to look into it. He already knew that they already did look into and came up zero. So he concocts a BS story and goes for it behind closed doors. Biden did his job for the President, the Congress and the United States in a way that any real Statesman would feel proud to see. Rump did his job in such a way that any Mafia Don would be proud to see.
Oh dear somebody didn't see the video taped confession Biden made where he admits to Quid Pro Quo and extortion. Trump didn't have to think Biden was guilty,Biden bragged about being Guilty. Guess what? It came out in the house impeachment trial that congress already knew what Biden did and decided not to pursue it for the sake of the country. There's also been questions of whether or not such agency's in the justice system like the FBI are behind Trump or would pursue Biden. After all that video has been out a long time and I don't see an investigation do you? They already did look into it? Really? Biden had the prosecutor in Ukraine looking into it fired and the case closed. That's not exoneration, that's a coverup. Again the video tape has existed for a while and no US agency bothered to investigate it even with a FULL AND PUBLIC CONFESSION; that's not zero. Our justice system has been covering Biden's ass not doing it's job probably because it would do some serious damage to a VP of the United States,a political candidate and his son,the previous administration that BTW looked into Biden's son's job at Burisma as a conflict of interest and still didn't nothing even though it's an obvious conflict of interest, then there's all the other Washington elites kids that also work for various energy companies oversea's doing what Biden's kid is doing. Nobody at the DOJ wants to investigate this and deal with this because of the widespread corruption and where it will lead, so yes Trump did have to go this way because up until now NOBODY wanted to touch this. It probably will damage the reputation of many political figures over the decades and blow our political system up.

You just keep repeating this same BS over and over. There are 10 probably right ways to do it and one wrong way. Rump decided on the wrong way and he is in deep crap over it. If he thought that Biden was guilty of what you claim, he had the entire Justice System to look into it. He already knew that they already did look into and came up zero. So he concocts a BS story and goes for it behind closed doors. Biden did his job for the President, the Congress and the United States in a way that any real Statesman would feel proud to see. Rump did his job in such a way that any Mafia Don would be proud to see.
Oh dear somebody didn't see the video taped confession Biden made where he admits to Quid Pro Quo and extortion. Trump didn't have to think Biden was guilty,Biden bragged about being Guilty. Guess what? It came out in the house impeachment trial that congress already knew what Biden did and decided not to pursue it for the sake of the country. There's also been questions of whether or not such agency's in the justice system like the FBI are behind Trump or would pursue Biden. After all that video has been out a long time and I don't see an investigation do you? They already did look into it? Really? Biden had the prosecutor in Ukraine looking into it fired and the case closed. That's not exoneration, that's a coverup. Again the video tape has existed for a while and no US agency bothered to investigate it even with a FULL AND PUBLIC CONFESSION; that's not zero. Our justice system has been covering Biden's ass not doing it's job probably because it would do some serious damage to a VP of the United States,a political candidate and his son,the previous administration that BTW looked into Biden's son's job at Burisma as a conflict of interest and still didn't nothing even though it's an obvious conflict of interest, then there's all the other Washington elites kids that also work for various energy companies oversea's doing what Biden's kid is doing. Nobody at the DOJ wants to investigate this and deal with this because of the widespread corruption and where it will lead, so yes Trump did have to go this way because up until now NOBODY wanted to touch this. It probably will damage the reputation of many political figures over the decades and blow our political system up.

That's funny. Your twisted conspiracy theory has been thoroughly debunked. Do some "credible" research. Google is your friend...

I did see the video. But I didn’t see anything criminal or inappropriate on it... care to explain that?

Quote Pelosi or Schumer or any other prominent Democrat on that. If you can't, do the right thing and retract that made up bullshit.

Please read my quote YOU posted.: 'DEMOCRATS'

Point out in that quote you posted above where I say Pelosi or Schumer by name....and when you can't, as we can all see for ourselves you can't, STFU, snowflake.

You said "The Democrats" and I'm asking you to point out even a single prominent Democrat to vow something like that.

You can't. But you also don't have the intelectual honesty to retract your baseless fabrications, because you are just a two asshole politico running your mouth.
1st you insinuated I called Pelosi and Schumer by name....

Nope, I didn't insinuate any such thing.

I said Pelosi or Schumer or another prominent Democrat.

To read that and say what you just did points to some sort of congnitive dysfunction...which by now we KNOW you have,
Bwuhahahaha....your attempt to cover your ass, to spin your way out of your attempt to attack me based on the lie that 'prominent Democrats' did not want or work on Impeaching the President from Day 1, blew up in your face.

'Prominent Democrat'?

'Barak Obama' good enough for you?

During an interview not long ago former BSA Director Clapper said about the illegal spying they were doing on Trump and his team: 'I don't know what the big deal is - WE WERE JUST DOING WHAT TGE PRESIDENT TOLD US TO DO.'

As I said and you have proven, you don't have the intellectual honesty or integrity to admit any of this and that your accusations and attack on me was unwarranted snowflake bullshit!
'

Oook buddy.

This has been another episode of Hopelessly Crazy brought to you by our very special easyt65

I don’t care much for the tit for tat excuse. There were things that the Dems did in the house that were not cool. But that doesn’t mean the Reps in the senate should pull the same crap. At some point people in charge need to act like grown ups and just do the right thing.

I agree it's childish but also somewhat justified because it shows the hypocrisy and intent of the left. You'd have to be blind not to see the left are totally bias and only doing this as revenge for 2016 and a form of cheating in the upcoming 2020 election. It's my hope that at some point the Bidens will be called and have to explain themselves and we'll get down to a real trial with actual evidence instead of the hearsay the left presented in the House impeachment trial.

Another crazie.
Projecting your sins on someone else again, IM2. Well, kiss my grits. That's all you do. :rolleyes:

Another crazie.
Projecting your sins on someone else again, IM2. Well, kiss my grits. That's all you do. :rolleyes:

The truth is painful for those like you. And the fall campaign for the presidency will be even worse for you. trump is about to lose.

Another crazie.

The truth is painful for those like you. And the fall campaign for the presidency will be even worse for you. trump is about to lose.

Painful ?

What is painful is watching those shitheads from the house lie their asses on the floor of the senate.

But.....it will help get Trump re-elected.

Better get used to the idea of shouting your racist bullshit from the sidelines for another four years.

That's funny. Your twisted conspiracy theory has been thoroughly debunked. Do some "credible" research. Google is your friend...
are you trying to say that there is no video of Biden bragging about threatening to withhold a billion dollars if they didnt fire the prosecutor investigating burisma ??:laughing0301::laughing0301:

Of course not. You are under the power of PsyOps. You are not a free thinking human being. You are a lemming.

The real dirt is in the Ukraine.

The circus you are seeing now is just PsyOps.

Don't you want to know why The Obama Administration laundered $7 Billion through the Ukraine Embassy to prop up the former corrupt Russian Owned Ukraine Government and keep them in power rather than help the Anti-Corruption Government be elected?

All Obama's, Clinton's, and Biden's former Ukrainian Politician friends fled to Russia after the election.

And you don't want to know why?

Don't you want to know why Obama claimed "Executive Privilege" over his activities in The Ukraine and sealed those records, and why he ordered Joe Biden to have The Ukraine Prosecutor fired before he could finish his investigation in to money laundering and bribery going on with Burisma, The Ukraine Embassy, Russia and Corrupt Ukraine Officials?
Sorry but no I don’t. I’ll take interest in it if the DOJ opens an actual investigation or prosecution based on real intel. But I’m not interested in wasting time on claims by online trolls and right wing propaganda media.
I don’t believe you
No, I’m good. Thanks for the analysis though.
Nah, I don't think you are good. I think you are like dust in the wind, like a ship with no rudder. If you do not have a proper foundation to resist the daily onslaught of psychological warfare that is launched at you 24-7, you will be unable to withstand the assault, and your courage will melt to mush, your resolve will become flaccid, and you become a lemming, and snow flake, a broken record just repeating what you have been spoon fed.

Real men do not do what they are told. They break the mold and make their own path, think their own thoughts and seize their own success.

Good luck on your perpetual servitude.

Sorry, but in a situation this important and this serious, "dying with your boots on" isn't honorable, it's retarded.

The other side will show no respect for the corpse, the people will not visit the grave, which will hold the marker "They got their asses kicked, but at least they were fair about it"
There was a time when right beat wrong and truth beat lies, and integrity beat manipulation. I still believe that can be true.

Sorry, but bullshit. You are looking at the world via movie lenses, not reality.
Whatever you say man, I’ll use my voice to stand up for honesty and integrity... you can use yours to stand up for winning at all cost if that’s your thing.

Not "at any cost", but using the rules of the game as applied in the real world.

The question is do you consistently stand up for honesty and integrity, or only when you can back up a position you already approve of.

As with free speech, supporting integrity is easy when it comes to things you agree with, and not really support at all.
I, like everybody else, have opinions on every issue. Being honest and transparent in the debate is a principle I always stand up for. I can accept differing opinions. I actually enjoy the debate and respect other points of view. But I don’t respect the petty partisan game play and trolling that more and more people are engaging in. And I do expect our legal institutions to act in a fair and impartial manner.

If one side is fair and impartial, and the other side isn't, the other side wins.

I am not looking for Martyrs for my team, I am looking for fighters.

Spare answered that, right above... the Senate had a better shot to get them immediately.... Trump couldn't fight them as ferociously to deny them, because they are the same party, he needs them all, to save him, from himself.
Executive Privilege is the same regarding House subpoenas and Senate subpoenas. The WH can challenge both and go to the courts for a ruling.

Once again you are trying to put the job of the House on the Senate. Your House Clowns refused to follow protocol. That's on them, not Trump, not the Senate.
He never executed his executive privilege rights in the house. NOT ONCE.... He simply defied the subpoenas and the law on everything. Another impeachment article on those unlawful actions.

The Senate, can go directly to the Supreme court in the impeachment trial, skipping years of litigation and appeals.

Trump can not stall it.

He wanted to stall being impeached, it did not work. In the Senate, he wouldn't want to stall his verdict.
If you were paying attention you would know that his lawyers explained why the subpoenas were defied.

The were not valid subpoenas since they were tied to an impeachment inquiry. There was no required vote to implement impeachment in the House, so the subpoenas are invalid.

If your House Clowns think they are valid the protocol is to go to the courts for a ruling. The refused to follow protocol. Your beef should be with your House Clowns.
The were not valid subpoenas since they were tied to an impeachment inquiry. There was no required vote to implement impeachment in the House, so the subpoenas are invalid.

That is just straight up nonsense.
Subpoenas are issued all of the time while conducting investigations. No votes are needed for those subpoenas to be valid.

Trumps legal team lied. Again. Just as you are now.
You are full of shit.
You are full of shit.

Tell us about Benghazi or fast and furious, dope.

I did see the video. But I didn’t see anything criminal or inappropriate on it... care to explain that?
Biden was bragging about withholding funding to Ukraine ( the same thing democrats are accusing Trump of) until the prosecutor investigating Burisma gets fired ( Burisma is where Biden's son sits on the board and is a clear conflict of interest). He brags that Ukraine has 5 hours to do this and then brags further that Ukraine met his demands(abuse of power and extortion). Again this is the exact same thing the Democrats are accusing Trump of doing except Biden did it to protect his son. Biden's son makes $50,000 a year sitting on a board for a energy company, yet he has zero experience in the energy field. Clearly daddy used his influence to get Hunter the job and then prevented a corruption investigation which no doubt would have highlighted his son's useless and dubious presence on the board. Too many questions would have been raised about why Hunter was there. The answer is money laundering of US taxpayer dollars. We give money to Ukraine and Ukraine gives Biden's son a phoney job and pays Biden's son a ridiculous amount of money in the form of a paycheck. The Biden's take their cut and the rest probably gets pumped into the DNC. It's not rocket science. Many other Congressmen's kids also hold similar seats on various boards for other energy companies around the world so it makes one wonder how much of the aid we send actually gets to the target and how much gets sent back to the USA. It's most likely been going on for decades and if exposed would create a political crisis here at home.

He claimed the accusers had only second hand witnesses, blah blah blah, no first hand witnesses, blah blah blah as his defense.

Well hell's bells, here are the first hand witnesses, just vote to hear them. Put up, or shut up.... now is the time.
Ask your House Clowns why they didn't follow protocol to get them to testify before they shut down their "overwhelming" investigation.
Spare answered that, right above... the Senate had a better shot to get them immediately.... Trump couldn't fight them as ferociously to deny them, because they are the same party, he needs them all, to save him, from himself.
Executive Privilege is the same regarding House subpoenas and Senate subpoenas. The WH can challenge both and go to the courts for a ruling.

Once again you are trying to put the job of the House on the Senate. Your House Clowns refused to follow protocol. That's on them, not Trump, not the Senate.
He never executed his executive privilege rights in the house. NOT ONCE.... He simply defied the subpoenas and the law on everything. Another impeachment article on those unlawful actions.

The Senate, can go directly to the Supreme court in the impeachment trial, skipping years of litigation and appeals.

Trump can not stall it.

He wanted to stall being impeached, it did not work. In the Senate, he wouldn't want to stall his verdict.
If you were paying attention you would know that his lawyers explained why the subpoenas were defied.

If your House Clowns think they are valid the protocol is to go to the courts for a ruling. The refused to follow protocol. Your beef should be with your House Clowns.
they didn't break the rules of the house, voted on in January 2019.

trump has been impeached. There was no attempt to overthrow or reverse. We the real people, want trump to stop blocking witnesses.
Tell your House Clowns they should have gone to court to get a ruling to make them testify.

Why do you hate the American Constitutional system?
they didn't have the leisure of a year or two to fight the Trump stonewalling thru tying it up in the courts.
Yes they did. They just refused to follow protocol.

Your BS about it being an emergency vanished when Nazi set on it for 33 days.

33 days that the Senate would be most of the time on holiday break.

If Trump has proof of innocence, he would provide it.

its not his job to prove innocence's,,,

its the houses job to prove guilt,,

S o, if you were charged with murder & had an iron clad alibi, you would remain silent as the prosecution builds their case?

Didn't you say earlier "I don’t excuse bad behavior from bad behavior."

But that is exactly what you're doing now. Why is OK to wait for Fast & Furious documents to be stonewalled, and not these? The world is not revolving around Dems, and they have to play by the same rules as everyone.

To answer your question, I don't support stonewalling, I support the same rules for everyone. Dems seems can't accept to follow the rules they set themselves.
I never did say it was ok to wait 7 years for fast and furious. That situation was wrongly handled by the Obama administration... shame

My point is that left always claim the same, "just because one side did wrong, doesn't mean the other side have to do it", but only after they did it, to prevent the other side of doing the same.

But that is not the case here. What House Dems did to Reps is shameless, but that's House. It's only comparable to how Reps in House treated Dems in past, or future.

Senate rules have nothing to do with House rules. Dems can't and shouldn't complain about it, because those are their own rules set in Clinton impeachment.
You’re degrading from a principled argument to a whataboutism. You’re better than that. Dems should be held accountable when they step out of line and so should the Reps.

The Dems can complain about anything they want to during the senate trial. The conditions are not the same as the Clinton trial so trying to make modifications is totally fine. Especially given the public statements that have come from the Reps.
Dim whining that the rules aren't fair when they are exactly the same as for the Clinton impeachment shows what a bunch of douchebags Dims are.
Your statement just shows how much of a talking point Parrot you are. Nothing wrong with trying to change rules during a trial given the very different circumstances involved
You mean, it's a Republican being impeached this time?

Holy shit! This woman is talking about polls between Biden and Trump?

Are they impeaching Trump because they found a poll showing Biden ahead of Trump?

What a Schitt show.

Dumbass, it goes to firmly establishing a motive.

According to all polling Biden is the foremost obsticle for Trump to remain in the White House after 2020 election. That is why Trump was so deparate to manufacture dirt on him.
A poll 2 years out from an election is meaningless. You are exactly the single digit IQ rube the House Clowns are targeting with this shit.

Congrats on being so easily fooled.:21::21::21:

Trump's campaign spent millions on adds against Biden (no one else) in early Democrat primary voting states.

OBVIOUSLY they don't buy your moronic analysis.
Link?

Tell your House Clowns they should have gone to court to get a ruling to make them testify.

Why do you hate the American Constitutional system?
they didn't have the leisure of a year or two to fight the Trump stonewalling thru tying it up in the courts.
Yes they did. They just refused to follow protocol.

Your BS about it being an emergency vanished when Nazi set on it for 33 days.

33 days that the Senate would be most of the time on holiday break.

If Trump has proof of innocence, he would provide it.

its not his job to prove innocence's,,,

its the houses job to prove guilt,,

S o, if you were charged with murder & had an iron clad alibi, you would remain silent as the prosecution builds their case?

the law requires I remain silent until they are done,,,and then if I choose I can or dont defend it,,,if their case is bullshit like this one I would remain silent other than to give a closing argument stating it was bullshit and point out they have no proof,,,

The Democrats vowing to Impeach Trump 5 minutes after taking his oath of office

Quote Pelosi or Schumer or any other prominent Democrat on that. If you can't, do the right thing and retract that made up bullshit.

Please read my quote YOU posted.: 'DEMOCRATS'

Point out in that quote you posted above where I say Pelosi or Schumer by name....and when you can't, as we can all see for ourselves you can't, STFU, snowflake.

You said "The Democrats" and I'm asking you to point out even a single prominent Democrat to vow something like that. Impeachment requires CAUSE, and it wasn't untill Trump fired Comey under false pretenses and "that Russia thing" did the impeachment murmurs started coming around.

You can't. But you also don't have the intelectual honesty to retract your baseless fabrications, because you are just a two asshole politico running your mouth.
Don't throw your back out moving those goal posts around, hack.

Forum List

Back