I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on
You're not paying attention.

Democrats could have (and still can) subpoena all of these witnesses and documents.

Democrats refused to subpoena them then.

Democrats refuse to subpoena them now.

Political theatrics fool people that dont pay attention sometimes.

Let's wait until the trial is over. Do not call it yet. Trump could have an election surprise.

Let's be clear here. The Obama Administration and The Democrat Party Harnessed the Full Power of The Federal Government to attempt to Over Turn The 2016 Election, and is using it now to attempt to Interfere in the 2020 Election.

There is no other logical conclusion for what the average voter in The United States has witnessed for 4 years with the never ending siege of The White House.

The clear fact witnessed by The American People is that The Former Obama Administration, and The Democrat Party who even went so far as to engage in solicitation of assistance from Russia to help them in their cause, is only concerned about Selecting a President, rather than working with the Tools The Forefathers Gave them to Elect a President.

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

The amendments were designed to drag the process out as far as possible, add new charges not part of the articles, and basically make the whole thing a shit show. If they allowed one side to bring in new evidence, they would have opened a floodgate.

The House was supposed to make it's case via the articles themselves, not with added bullshit afterwards.
they have their case with their articles. They were blocked from getting supporting evidence in the house. I think it completely reasonable for the senate to allow the subpoena of documents and witnesses. Also very reasonable to let a Republican appointed Supreme Court justice determine whether witnesses are material or not. The fact that the Reps blocked that completely shows their cards.

33% of the witnesses called in the House were called by the Republicans. Just because they made Rump look as guilty as he really is doesn't mean the Dems called them. Sondstrand was a Republican called Witness and you seen the mileage the Dems got out of that testimony. Sondstrand was the equvalent of an Iceberg to the Titanic.

The evidence is overwhelming. Let's vote to impeach.

Later in the senate:

We need more evidence because we don't have enough.

YCMTSU.

The Rules were Voted in Unanimously 100-0. What you saw was Democrats submitting Amendments to change The Rules in their favor that they earlier voted for 100-0.

Nothing worth discussing after that fact.

The only hyperbole is your misrepresentation of what The Senate is doing.

They have nothing to complain about. The Democrats want to run the show and the Republicans won't let them. Mitch and the Republicans stated that opening arguments should be heard first, and then decide if witnesses would be needed. But nooooo. Democrats had to have it their way or no way. They insisted the articles be voted on first, and then listen to opening arguments. Did the commies extend anywhere near the same curtesy to the Republicans they just extended to the Democrats in the Senate trial? Hell no.

Maybe you need a better understanding of what's going on.
What's happening right now is that the demodumbasses are attempting to change the rules by getting more witness testimony to hopefully bolster their ridiculous case. However, McConnell is holding their feet to the fire forcing them to present their case before any more witness testimony is heard.
The issue is they had no real reason to be there in the first place presenting a case of impeachment when they have never really had one.
In short, he's calling their bluff and telling them to lay their cards on the table but they want to keep bluffing because they damn well know when the hand is done, that they are done. Again!

So, you want the Senate to do the job the Constitution requires the House to do.

It's not a cover up. The Senate is doing exactly what the Constitution spells out regarding impeachment. The House didn't bring a case.

Their "need more evidence" is a Hail Mary because their case is weak sauce. Fuck. Figure it out. Please.

They never should have voted to impeach unless they had a strong case. They completely screwed the pooch on that one and Nancy's "Delay".

Their "need more evidence" is a Hail Mary because their case is weak sauce. Fuck. Figure it out. Please.

They never should have voted to impeach unless they had a strong case. They completely screwed the pooch on that one and Nancy's "Delay".

This is all an act. They insisted on amendments first before hearing the opening arguments because they knew the Republicans would never allow it. It's fodder for the MSM so they can convince people like Slate the Republicans are up to no good. I can't believe anybody who understands anything about this can't see through their charade.

Yes. This is a sham trial. It has been orchestrated to do nothing but cover Prezzie (Im)Peach(ed)'s ass. Don't look for anything resembling justice to take place in this politically one-sided dog and pony show.

What's happening right now is that the demodumbasses are attempting to change the rules by getting more witness testimony to hopefully bolster their ridiculous case. However, McConnell is holding their feet to the fire forcing them to present their case before any more witness testimony is heard.
The issue is they had no real reason to be there in the first place presenting a case of impeachment when they have never really had one.
In short, he's calling their bluff and telling them to lay their cards on the table but they want to keep bluffing because they damn well know when the hand is done, that they are done. Again!

Exactly. Dems starting planning impeachment in November of 2016. Hard to believe they didn't have enough witnesses when this thing was in the House.

wasn't the truth found in the Congress, behind closed doors with the lying Adam Shiftforbrains running that charade? Why do we need to know any more? Or is it that the liberals in Congress are a bunch of clusterfuck clowns who have so destroyed the institution of Impeachment?

This is all an act. They insisted on amendments first before hearing the opening arguments because they knew the Republicans would never allow it. It's fodder for the MSM so they can convince people like Slate the Republicans are up to no good. I can't believe anybody who understands anything about this can't see through their charade.

Absolutely correct Ray. They were explicitly informed by McConnell that those types of amendments should not be brought up.

Exactly. Dems starting planning impeachment in November of 2016. Hard to believe they didn't have enough witnesses when this thing was in the House.

And they were not coy about it either. They said it loud and clear on election night. This isn't about a crime that is deserving of impeachment, it's an impeachment looking for a crime. What the Republicans are doing is dishonest? This from a party that won't have their Senators recuse themselves who made these premature impeachment claims a couple of years ago.

Oh P-shaw!

We already know that Trump puts ketchup on his welldone steak, has two scoops of vanilla ice cream, and gets to use larger Salt and Pepper shakers than everyone else.

We don't really need to tie up the entire legislative branch to publicize these Trumpian Character "Flaws".
I agree, but that’s not at all what I’m talking about

It appears that what you are saying is that although the Dems completely disregarded the concepts of fairness, due process, representation, and the right to confront one's accuser in the House Farce, it's somehow reprehensible that McConnell wants to use basically the same rules as used for the Clinton impeachment and to not have the House takeover the Senate.
The house was doing an investigation... it’s a different process than the senate trail... and the grade school excuse, “they did it so we can do it” doesn’t carry much weight with me

The House had their clown show and nobody on the left objected. They did what they want, silenced who they wanted, and conducted it their way. Now the Senate is doing the same, and all of a sudden it's unfair.

Let me tell you what's unfair, and that is having this impeachment without knowing who is responsible for making the charges. The so-called whistleblower is anonymous, so is the person that provided him or her the information, and they cannot be addressed.

Can you tell me why the Senate Republicans would help the Democrats after these phony charges were made; charges with no crime; charges that aren't even impeachable according to the US Constitution? It's ridiculous already. The Senate Republicans are not going to support the deep state. Election is less than a year away, if Americans don't want Trump in office anymore, that should be our decision, not the commies.
The house did an inquiry. The senate is responsible for having a trial. Two very different things and as I just said. Two wrongs, don’t make a right

Forum List

Back