I maintained years ago and still do our greatest threat is our debt

I think our greatest threat is AI followed by the debt

Our grates test threat to national security is our debt
To correct this would make freeloaders riot as well as the solar panel welfare recipient

The greatest threat is the career politicians responsible for that debt. Republicans are not much different than Democrats when it comes to spending.

It's not the debt but what they plan on doing to fix it.
Like perhaps population control,kill off a bunch of us who have reached the age to receive SS and bam you have a shitload of extra money.

They just need to institute my plan. The problem is when these politicians spend money, it doesn't affect your average Joe. The Congress spent nearly 5 trillion so far under Biden. Did it impact you in any way? That's why nobody pays attention to it.

My plan is to have a national sales tax, let's say 7 cents on the dollar. The tax will be exclusively to payoff deficits and the remainder to repay this 30 trillion in debt. If the deficit is higher than the tax can cover, we increase the sales tax.

This way everybody has a dog in the race, not just the wealthy. You want free college or debt forgiveness, then it goes to 8 cents on the dollar. You want to spend money on climate change, then 9 cents on the dollar. Fund Ukraine and their war? 10 cents on the dollar.

If everybody had to pay for all this spending when it happens, you'd see how fast people would revolt over bullshit spending like the Democrats are doing today.

They just need to institute my plan. The problem is when these politicians spend money, it doesn't affect your average Joe. The Congress spent nearly 5 trillion so far under Biden. Did it impact you in any way? That's why nobody pays attention to it.

My plan is to have a national sales tax, let's say 7 cents on the dollar. The tax will be exclusively to payoff deficits and the remainder to repay this 30 trillion in debt. If the deficit is higher than the tax can cover, we increase the sales tax.

This way everybody has a dog in the race, not just the wealthy. You want free college or debt forgiveness, then it goes to 8 cents on the dollar. You want to spend money on climate change, then 9 cents on the dollar. Fund Ukraine and their war? 10 cents on the dollar.

If everybody had to pay for all this spending when it happens, you'd see how fast people would revolt over bullshit spending like the Democrats are doing today.
No. The better plan is revise the tax code so that billionaires and big corporations pay federal income taxes.

To correct this would make freeloaders riot as well as the solar panel welfare recipient

We are in a horrible predicament. The usual way out of a recession is to spend more and add onto the debt. But now our debt is so high it has brought on hyperinflation and we are purposely hurling ourselves into a recession to fight that hyperinflation, and when they finally admit the recession has arrived we will be forced to throw gasoline on the fire and borrow more trillions. What could possibly go wrong?

We are in a horrible predicament. The usual way out of a recession is to spend more and add onto the debt. But now our debt is so high it has brought on hyperinflation and we are purposely hurling ourselves into a recession to fight that hyperinflation, and when they finally admit the recession has arrived we will be forced to throw gasoline on the fire and borrow more trillions. What could possibly go wrong?
We have this massive national debt, yet most Americans have benefited little from it. Do Americans have healthcare or higher education? No. Have the millions of Americans suffering homelessness and poverty benefited? No. Have the trillions spent improved infrastructure, eliminated cancer and heart disease, and/or resulted in well paying jobs? No.

So, where did all that money go?

You must HATE Trump and the GOP then because they added trillions BEFORE the pandemic

We have this massive national debt, yet most Americans have benefited little from it. Do Americans have healthcare or higher education? No. Have the millions of Americans suffering homelessness and poverty benefited? No. Have the trillions spent improved infrastructure, eliminated cancer and heart disease, and/or resulted in well paying jobs? No.

It's called Democrat vote buying.

No. The better plan is revise the tax code so that billionaires and big corporations pay federal income taxes.

They pay most of the federal income taxes now. Why not tax the near 50% of people that never paid any tax? We all live in this country, don't we?

They pay most of the federal income taxes now. Why not tax the near 50% of people that never paid any tax? We all live in this country, don't we?
No. Billionaires pay very little as do many of our largest corporations. I’ve informed you on this many times. Do you come here new every day?

If that were true, Biden would have passed universal HC and free college. He didn’t because he’s owned by the oligarchy just as the Rs are.

Key Findings

• In 2019, taxpayers filed 148.3 million tax returns, reported earning nearly $11.9 trillion in adjusted gross income, and paid $1.6 trillion in individual income taxes.
  • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 25.6 percent average individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.5 percent).
  • The share of reported income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers fell to 20.1 percent from 20.9 percent in 2018. The top 1 percent’s share of federal individual income taxes paid fell to 38.8 percent from 40.1 percent.
  • The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (38.8 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.2 percent).

Amen. Great question. Reminds me of my ex-wife who charged up tens of thousands of dollars on cards and when you looked around you couldn't find hardly a damn sign of where the money went to. It just vanished into thin air, except on the balance sheets of the card companies sending the bills.

Forum List

Back