I made it! I am a half century old today!

View attachment 215238

Damn life goes by way to fast.
In all honesty though I have to admit with my troubled youth and heavy drug use back then I am surprised I turned it all around and made it this far.
At 16 years old I was certified as an adult and sent away. I thought my life was all but over once I sobered up from the drugs and realized what I had done to myself and others.
Sadly the hurdles I had almost pale in comparrison to some of the shit today's youths have to deal with.
I don't think that old saying of kids having it easier with each generation really applies anymore. With the advent of the internet and instant gratification our kids don't get the grounded in reality upbringing anymore because there are too many outside influences now that twist them like pretzels.

Anyhow I am glad to have made it this far.....

CHEERS!
happy birthday kid I'll be 81 in Jan hope you can make it longer even if I hate your politics lol

Wait til you are 58. Maybe 55. All of a sudden..the shit you USED to be able to do...will be painful to do. Thats when the body starts to go backwards...painfully. Little by little. Aches. Pains. Lack of strength. More aches. More pains. More bodily functions now unable to perform. That's when mine started....at 58. Now at almost 66.....omg. I dread when I am 70.
And..it started in my pinky finger. Who woulda thunk????

Wait til you are 58. Maybe 55. All of a sudden..the shit you USED to be able to do...will be painful to do. Thats when the body starts to go backwards...painfully. Little by little. Aches. Pains. Lack of strength. More aches. More pains. More bodily functions now unable to perform. That's when mine started....at 58. Now at almost 66.....omg. I dread when I am 70.
Gramps I'm 81 and am in good shape and if I didn't smoke until stopping 11 years ago I'd be in great shape Just hit the gym one or twice a week you'll be great at 81 also

Gramps I'm 81 and am in good shape and if I didn't smoke until stopping 11 years ago I'd be in great shape Just hit the gym one or twice a week you'll be great at 81 also
Dunno that the gym is necessary. I used to work out regularly but now I'm back to doing the work myself. My job is incredibly demanding physically.

Dunno that the gym is necessary. I used to work out regularly but now I'm back to doing the work myself. My job is incredibly demanding physically.
Well then keep up with seeing doctors Lots of shit my folks died of ,relatives too ,can be cured now given the time docs can find it

Well aren't you just a fucking ray of sunshine... LOL

Ya otta try livin' with me, lol.
Some days are wonderful. Some..not so much. Today was the not so much. Did a lot of gardening I shouldn't have attempted but if I sit too long..I stiffen up.

View attachment 215238

Damn life goes by way to fast.
In all honesty though I have to admit with my troubled youth and heavy drug use back then I am surprised I turned it all around and made it this far.
At 16 years old I was certified as an adult and sent away. I thought my life was all but over once I sobered up from the drugs and realized what I had done to myself and others.
Sadly the hurdles I had almost pale in comparrison to some of the shit today's youths have to deal with.
I don't think that old saying of kids having it easier with each generation really applies anymore. With the advent of the internet and instant gratification our kids don't get the grounded in reality upbringing anymore because there are too many outside influences now that twist them like pretzels.

Anyhow I am glad to have made it this far.....

CHEERS!

Yer a babe...

but seriously (and for all our disagreements) - good on you for getting your life together...it's no easy thing. Happy birthday :)

Ya otta try livin' with me, lol.
Some days are wonderful. Some..not so much. Today was the not so much. Did a lot of gardening I shouldn't have attempted but if I sit too long..I stiffen up.

I'm 53. My wife has eight years on me at 61. I think I may be living with you... LOL

Forum List

Back