I made a new friend

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
:lol:

he's muslim. I like him, he seems like a good kid. I dont get why he doesnt like israel.

I wish i could say i respected his religion, but their are a lot of bad verses

any thoughts?

I can tell you why most muslims are anti-Israel.

The land that is Israel, used to be the home of Palestians before the Jews garnered the influence to return home. In order for Israel to re-establish itself, it had to remove a whole bunch of Palestians in the way.

Other muslims saw this as Western powers, and particularly wealthy Jews, pushing the poor Palestians, who happen to be muslims themselves, out and forgetting about their well being. It also conjures up stories of the Crusades and atroities inflicted on muslims.

Do you understand now? The muslims see Israel occupying lands belonging to muslims and oppressing people of Islam. That is why most muslims are anti-Israel. And the few that seem to be pro-Israel are really more on the line of a "just leave us alone" mentality.

he's muslim. I like him, he seems like a good kid. I dont get why he doesnt like israel.

any thoughts?

You don't have to respect his religion in order to be his friend. You only have to respect him with the understanding that his religion is part of who he is. You are within your rights to expect a friend to also respect you and understand that your religion is part of who you are.

Actually, respecting ones religion is eqivalent to asking questions about it versus criticizing it.

Take it from some one that does not respect Christianity. Ask questions to get a betteridea of it. You do not have to become a muslim to learn about Islam.

Actually, respecting ones religion is eqivalent to asking questions about it versus criticizing it.

Take it from some one that does not respect Christianity. Ask questions to get a betteridea of it. You do not have to become a muslim to learn about Islam.

But that would assume that Acts doesn't already know a great deal about the Muslim faith. Many non Muslims have studied the history and basics of Islam.

If you do not believe or appreciate the faith of another and have no interest in doing so, it seems disingenuous to question them about it

any thoughts?

It all started with the father of them all, Esau.

:rolleyes: Yishma'el the first born son of Abraham is the Biblical father of the Arabs, even the Arabs know that, it's in their Quran. The Edomites or sons of Esau are a totally different group of people. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read your Bible more often.

Forum List

Back