I Love Guns.....But I Hate Hunting.....That Doesn't Mean I Want To Take Away Everyone's Rights

View attachment 462964

I started hunting when I was 15 years old. I loved getting out in the woods, and still do. I enjoyed the hunt. I just never enjoyed the killing.

I don't hunt anymore either, I'm 66. I have, in younger days liked the variety of game on the table. Other than certain snakes and vermin, I won't kill an other soul.

Now. What's the revolver on the left? Similar to the 1851 on the right but barrel trunion is longer, loading lever has no latch. Walker??? The 1858 in the center is one of the most accurate I have ever shot. 1851's seem to shoot a foot high at even 35 feet or so, 1858's have always been right on.

View attachment 462964

I started hunting when I was 15 years old. I loved getting out in the woods, and still do. I enjoyed the hunt. I just never enjoyed the killing.

One of the guys in my shop is showing his 2 yr old son movies online about animals stalking and killing their game hoping that the kid becomes the avid hunter that he is. I'm not sure this is a good idea. He's one of those guys that comes to work talking about a kill. I consider these guys wannabes who never had been in a firefight. Being bloodthirsty and gun-happy doesn't make you a warrior. There was a time when I was in the Army I would have killed without a second thought. Those days are long gone. Back then it was a matter of survival.

I love guns with a passion. I enjoy target practice and going to the range. Guns are important in America. If I had to hunt for food I would have to deal with it, but I would never enjoy it. Some hunters will shoot anything that moves. I just enjoy watching wild game. I prefer beef or Buffalo to venison. Just never liked the taste. I don't like fish. It never agreed with me....but I enjoy fishing.....and releasing.
My favorite pastime in the woods is looking for Morels and Ginsing Roots. Sometimes I've found Yellow Root patches. I use a gun for protection only. I will not kill something just for fun.

People who live along our Southern borders need guns. Without them they would be dead, plain and simple. The war that's going on South of our border is real and it will become part of our lives if the Democrats are allowed to take away our rights. I purchased 500 rds of ammunition online last year and for some reason the order was cancelled after the election. You cannot get some types of ammo at all anymore. This is only the first phase of the Biden Administrations war on guns. People on our Northern borders need guns to protect their horses and cattle from wolves and Mountain Lions. They'd be reduced to the Stone Age without them.

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States. Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well!

And, abolish right wingers useless drug war! They are brave enough not to need it since they are brave enough to go maskless during a pandemic. Prohibition has never worked in the history of our Republic.
A stoned cat with a gun is a safe cat with a gun,man.
"someones outside ! GET DA GUN !"
Duuude. He might have pizza man. Chill

View attachment 462964

One of the guys in my shop is showing his 2 yr old son movies online about animals stalking and killing their game hoping that the kid becomes the avid hunter that he is. I'm not sure this is a good idea. He's one of those guys that comes to work talking about a kill. I consider these guys wannabes who never had been in a firefight. Being bloodthirsty and gun-happy doesn't make you a warrior. There was a time when I was in the Army I would have killed without a second thought. Those days are long gone. Back then it was a matter of survival.

I love guns with a passion. I enjoy target practice and going to the range. Guns are important in America. If I had to hunt for food I would have to deal with it, but I would never enjoy it. Some hunters will shoot anything that moves. I just enjoy watching wild game. I prefer beef or Buffalo to venison. Just never liked the taste. I don't like fish. It never agreed with me....but I enjoy fishing.....and releasing.
My favorite pastime in the woods is looking for Morels and Ginsing Roots. Sometimes I've found Yellow Root patches. I use a gun for protection only. I will not kill something just for fun.

People who live along our Southern borders need guns. Without them they would be dead, plain and simple. The war that's going on South of our border is real and it will become part of our lives if the Democrats are allowed to take away our rights. I purchased 500 rds of ammunition online last year and for some reason the order was cancelled after the election. You cannot get some types of ammo at all anymore. This is only the first phase of the Biden Administrations war on guns. People on our Northern borders need guns to protect their horses and cattle from wolves and Mountain Lions. They'd be reduced to the Stone Age without them.

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States. Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well!

And, abolish right wingers useless drug war! They are brave enough not to need it since they are brave enough to go maskless during a pandemic. Prohibition has never worked in the history of our Republic.
Nobody's going maskless. That's horse shit. Everyone is wearing masks. We're just fed up with the useless lockdowns and mandatory mask declarations.
Every month they announce all we have to do is go another 100 days putting up with their nonsense and everything will work out.
They've been telling us the same horse shit for over a year.

They are brave enough not to need it since they are brave enough to go maskless during a pandemic.
Masks are immaterial to the argument- and it ain't a right wing thing- it's about 2 things- Liberty and law (rules)- the rules say, very clearly, shall not be infringed- yet, even right wingers say some infringement is okay to make a "law" infringing- so stop with the partisan bullshit-

I am not a hunter either. Not into killing fury animals. I am into eating them though.

If you like being in the woods, but not killing the critters, perhaps a camera should be your weapon of choice while hunting.
I used to bring a camera....but now....I just enjoy the exercise. You have to spend time in the woods to appreciate it. Spend the night or a week. Sleeping on the ground makes you appreciate a nice bed....but in some parts of the country...it is great. During the Summer in Montana...it's great.
20210301_062012.jpg

This morning off my deck before sunrise

View attachment 462964

Nobody's going maskless. That's horse shit. Everyone is wearing masks. We're just fed up with the useless lockdowns and mandatory mask declarations.
Every month they announce all we have to do is go another 100 days putting up with their nonsense and everything will work out.
They've been telling us the same horse shit for over a year.
A wartime economy is worse. And, the 1918 pandemic killed more people than WWI.

They are brave enough not to need it since they are brave enough to go maskless during a pandemic.
Masks are immaterial to the argument- and it ain't a right wing thing- it's about 2 things- Liberty and law (rules)- the rules say, very clearly, shall not be infringed- yet, even right wingers say some infringement is okay to make a "law" infringing- so stop with the partisan bullshit-
The law says very clearly that a well regulated militia is necessary not optional to the security of a free State. There are no individual terms in our Second Amendment. How much more clear does it need to be?

The law says very clearly that a well regulated militia is necessary not optional to the security of a free State. There are no individual terms in our Second Amendment. How much more clear does it need to be?
I've read many 2500 word arguments- your's is comical- the words shall not be infringed are the definitive- stop acting (if you are acting) illiterate.

I've read many 2500 word arguments- your's is comical- the words shall not be infringed are the definitive- stop acting (if you are acting) illiterate.
lol. Coming from a right winger, how droll.

Because a well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free State. The People are the Militia. The State has the right to organize all the militia they need for their own security. It has nothing to do with Individual rights.

I'm a libertarian, stupid- how stupid coming from a left winger pretending to be something it ain't-
Daniel , like most partisans here can only understand the world if they can fit everything into 2 pigeonholes. So you will either be a left winger or a right winger.
All y'all typically have is right wing propaganda and rhetoric, and trying to claim y'all are not really like that, afterward.

I'm a libertarian, stupid- how stupid coming from a left winger pretending to be something it ain't-
Daniel , like most partisans here can only understand the world if they can fit everything into 2 pigeonholes. So you will either be a left winger or a right winger.
All y'all typically have is right wing propaganda and rhetoric, and trying to claim y'all are not really like that, afterward.

Like I said you can't make sense of the world unless you can stuff everything into you "Right Wing" or "Left Wing" boxes.

Free your mind

There are no Individual terms in our Second Amendment. And, all you have is right wing propaganda and rhetoric. All you have is pretense.
Shall not be infringed. Period. Case closed.

Do you understand, as in comprehend, what a comma is for?

Take a note of the below where the commas are.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Do you comprehend, as in understand, what security and free means? Do you comprehend, understand a right?

Do you not recognize the Bill of Rights? What their intent was?

I suspect not. Typical Publicly Educated beyond their intellect persons usually don't understand/comprehend simple English- and you can laugh all you want in your public display of ignorance- it will change nothing.

Like I said you can't make sense of the world unless you can stuff everything into you "Right Wing" or "Left Wing" boxes.

Free your mind

All you have is right wing propaganda and rhetoric. Why don't you go first, right winger?

There are no Individual terms in our Second Amendment. And, all you have is right wing propaganda and rhetoric. All you have is pretense.
Shall not be infringed. Period. Case closed.

Do you understand, as in comprehend, what a comma is for?

Take a note of the below where the commas are.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Do you comprehend, as in understand, what security and free means? Do you comprehend, understand a right?

Do you not recognize the Bill of Rights? What their intent was?

I suspect not. Typical Publicly Educated beyond their intellect persons usually don't understand/comprehend simple English- and you can laugh all you want in your public display of ignorance- it will change nothing.
I understand our Second Amendment is about the security of our free States not Individuals who are the unorganized militia.

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. (Illinois State Constitution)

The right of the People means all people singly or in a group.
The People are the Militia; you are either, well regulated and necessary to the security of a free State or unorganized and unnecessary to the security of a free State. It really is that simple and that binary.

Free your mind

All you have is right wing propaganda and rhetoric. Why don't you go first, right winger?

So since you have labeled me a"right winger" what do you think my position on abortion is?

Gay marriage?

The legalization of drugs?

The death penalty?

The occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Forum List

Back