I Love E-mails Like This...

Non petrol heads mention the Stutz in an effort to pass themselves off as knowledgeable about old cars. Real petrol heads know which are the real gems from that era.

A Stutz Bearcat can easily command over $600,000 on the auction block. That ain't too shabby...

I never said it wasn't. But any silly person who wants to sound like they know about cars will drop the Stutz name in an effort to sound like they know about cars.

That's moonie. He doesn't know squat about cars.

Amelia Island is definitely on my bucket list though. I go to Pebble Beach every year, and race in the Monterey Classics, and the Pre Historics at Laguna Seca, one of my favorite race tracks.

Sadly everything was canceled this year,

Non petrol heads mention the Stutz in an effort to pass themselves off as knowledgeable about old cars. Real petrol heads know which are the real gems from that era.

A Stutz Bearcat can easily command over $600,000 on the auction block. That ain't too shabby...

I never said it wasn't. But any silly person who wants to sound like they know about cars will drop the Stutz name in an effort to sound like they know about cars.

Meh, I don't know about that. I know plenty of people, both knowledgeable and unknowledgeable, and I hear the "Stutz" name mentioned about as often as I don't hear it mentioned...

I don't really see how it matters...

Amelia Island is definitely on my bucket list though. I go to Pebble Beach every year, and race in the Monterey Classics, and the Pre Historics at Laguna Seca, one of my favorite race tracks.

Yeah, it definitely sucks, although Mecum did a "Summer Special" auction down in Kissimmee this past August and, apparently, Barrett-Jackson held their auction down in Palm Beach in October. I do Mecum every year, but Barrett-Jackson is a bit too snooty for me (although they've got an awesome media room)...

Meh, I don't know about that. I know plenty of people, both knowledgeable and unknowledgeable, and I hear the "Stutz" name mentioned about as often as I don't hear it mentioned...

Yeah, it definitely sucks, although Mecum did a "Summer Special" auction down in Kissimmee this past August and, apparently, Barrett-Jackson held their auction down in Palm Beach in October. I do Mecum every year, but Barrett-Jackson is a bit too snooty for me (although they've got an awesome media room)...

Here are a couple of cars from the Monterey Classics, I love the sound of these as they tear around the circuit!

Attachments

• 20190816_121821.jpg
    20190816_121821.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 73

Here are a couple of cars from the Monterey Classics, I love the sound of these as they tear around the circuit!

Attachments

• 20190818_132715.jpg
    20190818_132715.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 74

And another

Attachments

• 20190816_122500.jpg
    20190816_122500.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20190816_120640(1).jpg
    20190816_120640(1).jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190816_143930.jpg
    20190816_143930.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 75

Unfortunately, there's no race track at Amelia Island. They host a Porsche event out at the airport there, but it's not "racing"...

This is the last all original 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing known to exist. It was found in a garage in Ponte Vedra, Florida, just south of Jacksonville:

54515503_10219157644034158_8851623182658961408_n.jpg

The heirs of the original owner weren't really interested in cars, but they thought they might have something special, so they contacted the local Mercedes dealer up in Jacksonville. They sent some folks down to look at the car, and they immediately got a hold of Mercedes Benz in Stuttgart, Germany and sent pictures. Mercedes Benz sent several people from Germany to Ponte Vedra to check it out and, possibly, to make an offer on it.

I interviewed one of the guys from Germany, and he said the car would be returned to an operational condition, but that it would not be restored. The plan is to display car at Mercedes Benz headquarters in Stuttgart.

Mercedes Benz paid the owners $3.2 million for the car. According to the guy from Mercedes, as it sit in the photo above, the car is worth roughly $5 million. Once it's returned to an operation condition, it will be valued at about $7 million.

If it were ever to be auctioned, though, it could easily fetch a sum far higher than that...

This is the last all original 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing known to exist. It was found in a garage in Ponte Vedra, Florida, just south of Jacksonville:

View attachment 431909

The heirs of the original owner weren't really interested in cars, but they thought they might have something special, so they contacted the local Mercedes dealer up in Jacksonville. They sent some folks down to look at the car, and they immediately got a hold of Mercedes Benz in Stuttgart, Germany and sent pictures. Mercedes Benz sent several people from Germany to Ponte Vedra to check it out and, possibly, to make an offer on it.

I interviewed one of the guys from Germany, and he said the car would be returned to an operational condition, but that it would not be restored. The plan is to display car at Mercedes Benz headquarters in Stuttgart.

Mercedes Benz paid the owners $3.2 million for the car. According to the guy from Mercedes, as it sit in the photo above, the car is worth roughly $5 million. Once it's returned to an operation condition, it will be valued at about $7 million.

If it were ever to be auctioned, though, it could easily fetch a sum far higher than that...

There was another one of those found in Orinda. In fact I was a part of that because I knew the original owner and when he died I helped the wife sell the car. It was one of ten team racing cars built. He bought it after they stopped racing and kept it in his garage for 40 odd years. It is now back in Germany.

Attachments

• 20190816_120521.jpg
    20190816_120521.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190816_124802.jpg
    20190816_124802.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190816_124300.jpg
    20190816_124300.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 72
This car is crazy. It's from Delahaye USA:

ai02.jpg

Looks like whoever drives it should be out fighting crime in a yellow suit...

New Topics

Forum List

Back