I Love E-mails Like This...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I love e-mails like this.

Dear Steve,

Greetings from all of us at The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. Just a quick email to let you know that your media credential for the 26th Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance was approved. We will send out a more official email later, but I wanted to give you a quick thumbs up for planning purposes.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out.

I work for a couple different automotive and lifestyle publications, and getting into the Concours de' Elegance can be tricky. This isn't just a "car show". Show up at the box office and it'll cost you $150 just to walk through the gate. The cars they have here easily rival Pebble Beach, and there are some great ones expected in March. This is my third year photographing the event. Admittedly, the longer you've covered the event the easier it is to get credentials approved.

Here are a couple of photos I took at the 2018 event:

ai02.jpg
ai08.jpg

ai07.jpg
ai25.jpg

ai34.jpg

ai59.jpg

ai27.jpg

I live for this shit...

Dear Steve,

Greetings from all of us at The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. Just a quick email to let you know that your media credential for the 26th Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance was approved. We will send out a more official email later, but I wanted to give you a quick thumbs up for planning purposes.

I work for a couple different automotive and lifestyle publications, and getting into the Concours de' Elegance can be tricky. This isn't just a "car show". Show up at the box office and it'll cost you $150 just to walk through the gate. The cars they have here easily rival Pebble Beach, and there are some great ones expected in March. This is my third year photographing the event. Admittedly, the longer you've covered the event the easier it is to get credentials approved.

View attachment 425076View attachment 425077
View attachment 425078View attachment 425079
View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...

Sweet gig.

Dear Steve,

View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...
Works of art. You must love your job. I left the 9 to 5 lifestyle to run fishing charters and hunting camps. Now I can not wait to go to work. Bet you feel the same

Dear Steve,

View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...
Works of art. You must love your job. I left the 9 to 5 lifestyle to run fishing charters and hunting camps. Now I can not wait to go to work. Bet you feel the same

I really do.

My last 9-5, though, was pretty good. I was doing sales and artist relations for a large California-based guitar company. This is how I used to go to work; a Hawker 850XP business jet:

73834_1701376296447_8312992_n.jpg
76352_1701376216445_3644023_n.jpg

Needless to say, that job certainly didn't suck, but there were quotas and goals and such...

Dear Steve,

View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...

I really do.

My last 9-5, though, was pretty good. I was doing sales and artist relations for a large California-based guitar company. This is how I used to go to work; a Hawker 850XP business jet:

View attachment 425108View attachment 425109

Needless to say, that job certainly didn't suck, but there were quotas and goals and such...
My uncle had a similar deal back in the seventies with Bush. He was a photographer for Bush in Columbus got flown around alot. I got some good photos from his plane just out side Don Scott Airport on the way back from Monticello Ky. The other night. I figure this ne phone out a little better I will send you a couple of those. Ya I figured out a long time ago that if you wanna play with multi million dollar toys you do not need alot of money ya just need to work for people with alot of money. That's why I got my pilot and captains license. I have played with similar toys. Many planes in the past mainly boats today. April thru November I am pretty much on the water. Mainly fishing boats but in the past I spent alot of time on luxury boats. I get to fly a bit in the winter. I am not normally touching down in a luxury airport for hunting trips if you know what I mean. Today's toys that I play with normally just get me there. I will see some nice planes and boats if I go to the keys for winter but I am thinking blue fin charters out of the outer banks. I just kinda wanna fish hard a few years while my body will still take it.

Wait......wut?

They stole my car!
Don't jump to conclusions! How do you know that they didn't merely borrow it, unbeknownst to you?

It could be on the next episode Pimp My Ride.View attachment 425086
Really?

Would you give it back?
Only after I replace your subwoofer with a cool looking wet paper bag. And some other "modifications". And I'll have my neighbor's drunk stoned kids fingerpaint it too.

Last edited:

Dear Steve,

View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...
Where is the Stutz Bearcat?

Dear Steve,

View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...

Talk about an over exposed car.

Dear Steve,

View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...

They make canopies to hide them under.

Dear Steve,

View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...

Non petrol heads mention the Stutz in an effort to pass themselves off as knowledgeable about old cars. Real petrol heads know which are the real gems from that era.

Dear Steve,

View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...

Don't believe I've ever seen one there, come to think of it.

I like the Duesenbergs. Those are some of the classiest looking rides on the planet...

Dear Steve,

View attachment 425080
View attachment 425081
View attachment 425082

I live for this shit...

Non petrol heads mention the Stutz in an effort to pass themselves off as knowledgeable about old cars. Real petrol heads know which are the real gems from that era.
Too bad you don't like the question it was not directed at you.

A Stutz Bearcat can easily command over $600,000 on the auction block. That ain't too shabby...

New Topics

Forum List

Back