‘I Love Beto More Than I Hate Ted Cruz’

"During the march into Austin, the Tejano music legend Little Joe, who performed at fundraisers for O’Rourke in 2018 — and who said that after O’Rourke lost, “sometimes I’d lay awake and ask what more I should have done” — embraced O’Rourke and addressed him as “governor.” The Rev. Jesse Jackson, who walked beside O’Rourke, said he wants O’Rourke to run, calling him “my guy … He’s a purifier. He purifies the water. He shows up and knocks the sludge out of the tank.” A Burger King employee came to the steps of her store as the crowd passed, shouting, “Hey, Beto!”"

i'm slobbering all over this piece

excerpt:

“Can we clone him?” asked Dora Oaxaca, chair of the Democratic Party in El Paso County, of O’Rourke. She called him “the wind beneath the Democratic Party.” Julie Oliver, the former congressional candidate who twice ran unsuccessfully to flip a Republican-held House seat around Austin, said O’Rourke “might be the only person who could unseat [Greg] Abbott, honestly.” Jeff Travillion, a county commissioner in Travis County, Texas, said “he’s probably the best-known name that people associate with taking care of the little guy.” From the chair of the state Democratic Party down, Democrats in Texas have been lobbying O’Rourke to run for governor next year against Abbott, the Republican incumbent.

For O’Rourke himself, the calculus is simple but brutal: Every loss is a dent in his reputation as the future of Texas politics

O’Rourke is the closest thing to a star in Texas Democratic politics, a tall and expressive former congressman from El Paso who built his reputation on a Kennedyesque ability to excite a crowd and an almost theatrically grassroots approach to retail politics
As dumb as you appear to be most of the time your attraction to that buffoon Beto does not surprise me. He is the male equivalent of AOC

Forum List

Back