I lived 20 years in a home that was haunted.

There's always an explanation if one has an interest in finding it.
Yes, there is always an explanation if one has an open mind, even those who don't believe. :smoke:
You've come to this thread with a closed mind to anything that can be paranormal.
With the technology they have today and the interest, they can show evidence to the paranormal.
You stuck in the 50's?

Last edited:
It's a very common history that would be mostly true of most properties. I live on prperty that was forested before it was cleared as farm land. My 5 acres is a part of the original 640 acre section.

Does any of that relate to the supernatural and the 'energy' you have suggested?
Are you suggesting that 'energy' performed the supernatural or are you now accepting it to be caused by natural events?

When you lingered outside of your duaghter's room, did you have some reason to do so? Had you already suspected the 'energy' to be present in your house?
What in God's name are you rambling about?
I didn't suggest anything, someone asked about who used to own the home.
"Lingering outside my daughters room".... WTF are you talking about?
Now you are just getting weird.
What are you 15 or something?

Always beginning in the kitchen area, walking through the dining room and into the foyer. Clear as a bell. I personally have heard them at least 2 or 3 dozen times in the years we lived there. Always in the same rooms, always in the same direction.
One time I got out of the shower and walked into our bedroom. Adjacent to the master bdrm was our daughters room. I heard her in there, what sounded like her opening her dresser drawers and walking around. I asked her a question, she didn't answer. I said her name louder.. nothing. So I walked into her room and was very surprised no one was there. So I walked to the stairway and hollered downstairs and the family was all in the living room. But then it dawned on me the sound of her getting into her dresser drawer... she doesn't have the kind of hardware that makes that clinking sound when you let go... hers had just knobs.
I could list so many situations like that it could fill 10 pages in a book.
We called it the "friendly ghost". At no time did anyone experience anything malevolent. And things would happen so often, even the kids were not afraid of it. Or them.

Sounds residual.

Some years ago I built a new house on the site of a former sawmill where there had been multiple deaths through accidents over the better part of a century previous. Within weeks of moving in strange but benign things began to happen. Doors opening/closing. Draws being opened. Footsteps.

There was an event that reinforced our understanding.....

My very religious wife had put a small wooden cross on the all over a doorway from some stairs to other parts of the house. The footsteps - as by someone with heavy boots - would come to the door but stop. The door wouldn't be opened and the steps would face.

One night she took the cross down. Later the footsteps approached the door - it opened and remained open. The space beyond it was carpeted and we heard nothing more. The next day she went into a guest room in that part of the house and found all the dresser drawers open.

Not wanting to deal with the drawers she put the cross back up.

When we moved she put a heavy towel in a dresser drawer and when she heard the steps that night she spoke to whatever it was - pointed out the open drawer and extended an invitation to crawl in and the movers would bring "it" with us to a new home. Within minutes she heard the drawer closing. At the new house were along.

Some years later we visited the house - it was again for sale when we were back in that town. The folks who had bought it from us were downsizing. The real estate agent who did not know we had ever owned the house said "by way of fair disclosure" - that there had been occasions where unusual notices.......

I've watched real estate listings for that house for nearly 50 years since we built it - it comes on the market about once every 5-6 years.

I wonder why.

The house has a interesting history, in that the home was built in 1895, but we were only the third owners who raised their kids there.
The man who built the house died in 1907. The city sold the property to pay off debts and taxes he owed, I can only imagine the sadness of the wife, having lived there for only such a short time.
The next people who bought it, raised their family and stayed there until they died in the 1940s.
The next couple that bought it were killed in a car wreck in the early 50s.
It had several owners from then till 1972 (I believe this is right) when a family bought it. And they raised their family there and sold it to us when they retired. They did pretty extensive updating during their ownership. Having told us it was still pretty original when they bought it.
Like I said, we bought it in 1995. I completely updated the kitchen and rewired the house. And added a screened in back porch. I also removed all of the carpet and redid the hardwood floors (original)
My first wife and I divorced, I gave her the house in the divorce settling in exchange for my retirement accounts.
She sold it in 2018 I believe it was. To a young family that to my knowledge still live there.
Thanks for sharing with us.
The ghost you have seen in a form of the little girl may be that if you find a photo of the child in question you will have even more proof that you are looking for and that the house is haunted.

Religious beliefs would be included as the 'supernatural in my opinion.

It qualifies because it's only backed up with faith and nothing else. Were you suggesting religious beliefs when you mentioned faith.

I'll take on any of the 'supernatural' if there's anybody willing to take a pro position.
Pointless, you can't prove a negative. All you can do is say, 'Nuh-uh'.

Pointless, you can't prove a negative. All you can do is say, 'Nuh-uh'.
I'll still take on any suggestions of the supernatural, including religious claims by asking for proof. That hasn't changed.

I'll still take on any suggestions of the supernatural, including religious claims by asking for proof. That hasn't changed.
22.png

Forum List

Back