I leave in less than a half hour to walk the kids to school

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
and head to work.
I have NO idea what I'm going to wear.

I've got to get some new clothes, and just throw away the ones cluttering up my life.

Honest. NO IDEA.

Honest. NO IDEA.
I would suggest clothing. Works far better than, say, kitchen utensils.

pan1.jpg

• Banned
Thanks, you guys are STELLAR!

Jeans and sweater. Problem solved.
Didn't walk, though. The boy decided to watch cartoons instead of finding his shoes, brushing his teeth, getting his coat on, so we didn't have time.

I leave in less than a half hour to walk the kids to school and head to work.

I've got to get some new clothes, and just throw away the ones cluttering up my life.

Honest. NO IDEA.

I've got a suggestion.

Why don't you log off of USMB and FOCUS on solving your dilemma?

No one here has any idea what is in your clothes drawers, so making a post here will not help you in any way.

Best of luck!

• Banned
Says the guy who has been here non stop for the past year.

• Banned
I keep telling myself, "I'm going to make a rug with all these old clothes".
But I don't.
I even cut some up and started a braid. And there it sits.

Weird...most old clothes are gray. I saw that mentioned on a rug making site and thought, that is weird. But then I started cutting up our old stuff...and they're right!

I'm frustrated with my fat more than anything.
But I'm riding my poor horses tomorrow. They aren't going to know what hit them.

I'm frustrated with my fat more than anything.
But I'm riding my poor horses tomorrow. They aren't going to know what hit them.
Hun, don't attach any value on yourself about fat. Be zen about it. It is just fat, nothing more and nothing less. Don't give it any power more than that. Then, focus your thoughts on how good losing it will make you feel - right mindedness. When you do that, don't allow any - ANY - thoughts of defeat, obstruction, or judgment to enter your mind.

Honestly, just give that meditation exercise a try for a week or even two...every day at least once a day. In fact, do it every time fat enters your mind. It only takes less than a minute.

We have control on our thoughts and negative and judging thoughts defeat us.

K. End of advice because it is worth what you paid for it. :)

Last edited:
I do meditate, only I call it prayer.
But the fat, honestly, the only reason it bugs me is because it interferes with my riding. I've never had to deal with being hefty and trying to ride before..I've always been able to just hippity hop on.

Other than that, well that and the clothes thing, it doesn't cause me to lose sleep.

I do meditate, only I call it prayer.
But the fat, honestly, the only reason it bugs me is because it interferes with my riding. I've never had to deal with being hefty and trying to ride before..I've always been able to just hippity hop on.

Other than that, well that and the clothes thing, it doesn't cause me to lose sleep.
K. To me, prayer and meditation are two different animals, but that's just what floats my boat.

With the nicer weather, you'll be able to ride more. Fresh air and sunshine are good for the soul. Well, where you are, suck in more fresh air to make up for the sunshine. ;)

I'm tickled to see the good weather...dealing with horses' mud fever (sores on their feet) right now, but it looks great, something I deal with every spring.
Going to be bareback tomorrow, THAT should be a hoot. Hopefully nobody will secretly film me.

Thanks, you guys are STELLAR!

Jeans and sweater. Problem solved.
Didn't walk, though. The boy decided to watch cartoons instead of finding his shoes, brushing his teeth, getting his coat on, so we didn't have time.

Sounds like a young man that has his priorities straight.

In 20 years, he'll decide to have a few beers before watching cartoons instead of finding his shoes, brushing his teeth, getting his coat on.....:tongue:

I dunno, he was pretty upset about losing the opportunity to ride his razor to school this morning. I predict he'll be johnny on the spot tomorrow.

How far is school in your part of Oregon? Is it uphill both ways?

I would not want to walk to school in that area in June, that is for sure.

How far is school in your part of Oregon? Is it uphill both ways?

I would not want to walk to school in that area in June, that is for sure.

In my neck of the woods, nowhere is very far away if you live in town. It's tiny.
The school is on our street, and it's DOWNHILL! Woo hoo!

The weather has been pretty decent. We're almost done with spring. Pretty soon, scorcheroo! We had snow on Easter and the week after, but it's been pretty nice lately. A little ice on the cars in the early morning, a little wet on the ground, thunderheads during the day, about 50 degrees or so. Kinda windy.

Forum List

Back