I Laugh About The Lib Media Moaning About Colin Powell's Death

So you agree with them despite saying otherwise.

Cheney and Rumsfield had a plan and a goal. It was based on their ideas on how to serve American interests. That is a valid policy position.

I disagree with them.

Your assumption that a policy disagreement, means that I should support hyperbolic, personal attacks on them, means nothing about me, but shows that YOU are the one that cannot be trusted.

You are attacking me for NOT supported attacks that I don't think are true.

You are attacking me for not lying, in pursuit of smearing someone I disagree with.

You are a troll.

Cheney and Rumsfield had a plan and a goal. It was based on their ideas on how to serve American interests. That is a valid policy position.

I disagree with them.

Your assumption that a policy disagreement, means that I should support hyperbolic, personal attacks on them, means nothing about me, but shows that YOU are the one that cannot be trusted.

You are attacking me for NOT supported attacks that I don't think are true.

You are attacking me for not lying, in pursuit of smearing someone I disagree with.

You are a troll.

I care less what you support. You care that I am willing to call out lies as lies.

I care less what you support. You care that I am willing to call out lies as lies.

Nope. You attacked me for NOT supporting an attack that I do not believe in.

That reveals that you think proper behavior is to support attacks against your people you disagree with, even if you don't believe the attack to be true.

That is called "LYING". You are a LIAR.

ANd, as politics go, it is insanely divisive.

I though you libs believed in "unity".

Had to be united, if even disagreement means the dissenter has to be destroyed.

This country did not used to be like this.

Nope. You attacked me for NOT supporting an attack that I do not believe in.

I said I find it funny that you would get mad at Powell for turning on your party but not for helping to push the lie that got us into a stupid interventionalist war.

I said I find it funny that you would get mad at Powell for turning on your party but not for helping to push the lie that got us into a stupid interventionalist war.

I have a lot of negative things to say about Powell. I disagree with him on much policy. I disagree with many of his past actions.

I will not support attacks on him that I do not believe are true.

YOU, would.

The country wanted to go into Afghanistan. We had to be lied into Iraq. Yes it was a lie.

No, it was bad intelligence. I think Bush, Powell and everyone else involved in Iraq made lots of mistakes. So did Obama when he tried to "Fix" things, pulling us out and then having to go back in.

Sadly what we did in Iraq has made many doubt the word of our leaders.

You think politicians weren't lying to you before Iraq?

We were all over the country before invading but found nothing. All the same, you are arguing our intelligence can not be trusted.

The Intelligence Agencies were sure that Saddam had them, or was maintaining a program. Intelligence is an imperfect science. The ironic thing was, Saddam was playing a double game, pretending to go along with inspections and then subtly implying he was pulling one over on the west to keep his own people in line.

LEt's put the blame where it belongs, on Saddam for being such a douchenoodle... and now he's a dead douchenoodle.

No, it was bad intelligence. I think Bush, Powell and everyone else involved in Iraq made lots of mistakes. So did Obama when he tried to "Fix" things, pulling us out and then having to go back in.

You think politicians weren't lying to you before Iraq?

The Intelligence Agencies were sure that Saddam had them, or was maintaining a program. Intelligence is an imperfect science. The ironic thing was, Saddam was playing a double game, pretending to go along with inspections and then subtly implying he was pulling one over on the west to keep his own people in line.

LEt's put the blame where it belongs, on Saddam for being such a douchenoodle... and now he's a dead douchenoodle.

Saddam never did a thing to us.

No, he just did things to the Kuwaitis, Saudis, Kurds, Shi'ites, Israelis...

Come on, buddy. Two can play this game.

Hitler never did a thing to us.

See how that works?

We backed Saddam. When did we back the Nazis?

You're grasping, buddy.

Saddam was tolerated by the west because they were more scared of the Ayatollahs.
Hitler was tolerated by the west because they were more scared of Stalin.

In both cases the world should have acted sooner than it did.

We fully backed Saddam in his war against Iran.

Really? Because most of his weapons came from the USSR. We also sold weapons to the Iranians.

Remember the whole Iran Contra thingee....

Selling weapons to a thug is a bad idea, but someone is going to do it.

So we might as well do the bad idea? Lol, does that really make sense to you?

So we might as well do the bad idea? Lol, does that really make sense to you?

Most of us do bad ideas all the time... like tonight is my Karaoke night, but that's a different story.

The problem in foreign affairs is that what seems like a good idea often turns out to be a bad one.

Chamberlain left the Munich Conference thinking he got a good deal, and Hitler actually thought he got a bad idea because Mussolini talked him down from a war.

Our history is replete with people we armed or helped who later turned on us, going all the way back to Santa Ana in Mexico, who actually turned on us TWICE. After the Texas war in 1836, he was exiled, we helped him get back into Mexico in 1847 to broker only to have him turn on us again. Then we made another deal with him to gain the Gadsen Purchase, and his own people threw him out of office for it. Go figure.

In the 1980's, backing Saddam and the Muhajadeen in Afghanistan probably seemed like safe bets, compared to the Ayatollahs and the Soviets.

Taking Saddam out probably seemed like a good idea, given having to deal with over a decade of his douchebaggery.

Pulling out of Afghanistan seemed like a great idea everyone was behind, until Biden actually did it.

Now, yeah, if left up to me, we'd get the hell out of the middle east, stop supporting anyone over there including the Zionists, and invest the money in energy independence/alternative/renewables.

Public opinion isn't there.

Most of us do bad ideas all the time... like tonight is my Karaoke night, but that's a different story.

The problem in foreign affairs is that what seems like a good idea often turns out to be a bad one.

Chamberlain left the Munich Conference thinking he got a good deal, and Hitler actually thought he got a bad idea because Mussolini talked him down from a war.

Our history is replete with people we armed or helped who later turned on us, going all the way back to Santa Ana in Mexico, who actually turned on us TWICE. After the Texas war in 1836, he was exiled, we helped him get back into Mexico in 1847 to broker only to have him turn on us again. Then we made another deal with him to gain the Gadsen Purchase, and his own people threw him out of office for it. Go figure.

In the 1980's, backing Saddam and the Muhajadeen in Afghanistan probably seemed like safe bets, compared to the Ayatollahs and the Soviets.

Taking Saddam out probably seemed like a good idea, given having to deal with over a decade of his douchebaggery.

Pulling out of Afghanistan seemed like a great idea everyone was behind, until Biden actually did it.

Now, yeah, if left up to me, we'd get the hell out of the middle east, stop supporting anyone over there including the Zionists, and invest the money in energy independence/alternative/renewables.

Public opinion isn't there.

What we do NEVER works. Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria..............we simply are unable to learn.

What we do NEVER works. Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria..............we simply are unable to learn.

Except it worked just fine in Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, the Philippines...

The real problem is our willingness to commit to a project, not that we can't finish them. The biggest mistake Bush made in the GWOT was not reinstituting a draft and giving the Army the firepower it needed to get the job done.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Except it worked just fine in Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, the Philippines...

The real problem is our willingness to commit to a project, not that we can't finish them. The biggest mistake Bush made in the GWOT was not reinstituting a draft and giving the Army the firepower it needed to get the job done.

There was nothing to win

New Topics

Forum List

Back