I Know Its Early But....

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
The NFL is in London this week with Jacksonville taking on the 'Fins. Trevor Lawrence looks terrible. This is his fifth game as a professional so lets don't put a tag on his toe just yet obviously. But from a standpoint of quarterbacking....it hasn't been a masters class. On a scoring drive just now, he had two drop backs to where he checked down to a secondary or tertiary receiver. Both passes were done split seconds after he took one look downfield--they were not safety valve passes. They were done too quickly; both passes (one completion one drop) resulted in a total of 1 or 2 yards being gained total. And, most disturbingly...neither time was Lawrence remotely under pressure.

I think next season, I may bite the bullet and make my jump across the pond to see whomever the Jags are playing--they always seem to be the club who goes over there. I think the biggest obstacle would be not driving on a vacation. No way am I going to drive on the opposite side of the road...I'm pretty sure I'd have a head on collision at some point. LOL. The train will take me to Liverpool/Manchester and then back to London.

Not to worry. Urban just needs to hire a few of his lap dancers for Goldylox so he can QB better.

He's had like three passes batted down at the line. He had a few good passes. The TD pass was on the money. On a 2nd and 15 he hit the receiver (the WR had to turn his back to the goal line while moving toward the goal line). The thing is he didn't look off the receiver at all. They'll go back to this play later today or next game. Its going to be a pick-off.

The NFL is in London this week with Jacksonville taking on the 'Fins. Trevor Lawrence looks terrible. This is his fifth game as a professional so lets don't put a tag on his toe just yet obviously. But from a standpoint of quarterbacking....it hasn't been a masters class. On a scoring drive just now, he had two drop backs to where he checked down to a secondary or tertiary receiver. Both passes were done split seconds after he took one look downfield--they were not safety valve passes. They were done too quickly; both passes (one completion one drop) resulted in a total of 1 or 2 yards being gained total. And, most disturbingly...neither time was Lawrence remotely under pressure.

I think next season, I may bite the bullet and make my jump across the pond to see whomever the Jags are playing--they always seem to be the club who goes over there. I think the biggest obstacle would be not driving on a vacation. No way am I going to drive on the opposite side of the road...I'm pretty sure I'd have a head on collision at some point. LOL. The train will take me to Liverpool/Manchester and then back to London.
I believe with the current 17 game schedule all the teams will have to travel over there taking turns once every several years. Germany and Mexico City is also possibly on the list.

New Topics

Forum List

Back