I Knew Something Was Up In Oregon....Turns Out The Oregon Duck Players Mailed The Championship Game In Because Their Coach Was Going To Miami

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I'm an Oregon Duck fan......and I've been following them for the last several years. I've never seen a team mail it in like I saw this weekend.
Oregon was playing Utah for the Pac-12 Championship and they lost 38-10.

I kept wondering why the Utah defenders were bringing the Oregon Duck players down with open-field tackles so easily. One armed tackles and players going down from the slightest contact. Then a couple of days later we find out their coach, Mario Cristobal, was rumored to be leaving. Turns out that the players gave up because their coach was leaving for the Univ. of Miami. At least that is the way it looked. I suspect a ton of these players who gave up will be entering the transfer portal as well.

Watch the highlights and you tell me if once the game got out of hand...the players simply mailed it in. The Oregon Defense as a group never quit....but some players weren't giving it any effort....sliding off of tackles...poor fundamentals. The Offense lost it because their QB made several bonehead plays. Then I noticed that Utah was just abusing them.....and they weren't fighting back.

Since Justin Herbert left the team, Oregon has been having to deal with poor QB play.....and it was magnified in this game. It snowballed into an embarrassing performance.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Football is a rough sport....and if you're not really into playing for your coach who is abandoning you....you're going to get your butt handed to you....even if you have players with a better skill set. These highlights don't show many of the horrible plays. It was much worse than this video shows.

That is a reflection on the players then. Utah kicked their ass a few weeks back anyways.

Cristobal is a Miami alum and former assistant coach there. Can't say I blame his players for not playing hard for him against the Utes

Cristobal is a Miami alum and former assistant coach there. Can't say I blame his players for not playing hard for him against the Utes
Well there's where you're wrong.
I would take one player with character over a hundred players with better skills any day.
But that's just me.
This is what is wrong with this country.
Kids who never had it rough in their lives exhibiting a sense of entitlement in everything.
It's not admirable to weather the storm and fight for your buddies on the team.....because the left excuses their failure....practically gives them awards for failure.
Something I learned in the Army. You have to be tough both in body and mind....and if you're not....you're gonna fail.
28f91e90732d2f054b0babc10133bca6.jpg

Well there's where you're wrong.
I would take one player with character over a hundred players with better skills any day.
But that's just me.
This is what is wrong with this country.
Kids who never had it rough in their lives exhibiting a sense of entitlement in everything.
It's not admirable to weather the storm and fight for your buddies on the team.....because the left excuses their failure....practically gives them awards for failure.
Something I learned in the Army. You have to be tough both in body and mind....and if you're not....you're gonna fail.
View attachment 572867
:laughing0301:

Forum List

Back