I just made a new friend and now I may be losing her...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...she was the one person who stuck up for me when I spoke out against the Diversity Workshop that would have advised us that white men like myself need special "guidance" from minorities and LGBT folk to include diverse characters in our work.

She invited me to her writing group, which she formed because she didn't like the writing group that I had to resign from because I made that protest.

A few weeks ago she told me she had a very advanced stage of breast cancer.

Today, I got an email for her that she will be drafting her final papers and she wants me to find her a lawyer to help her with it.

I will pray for her, of course, but she is a member of a secular group so I'm pretty sure she doesn't believe in God.

I consider her one of my best friends even though I just met her, because she stuck up for me when so many people I thought were friends turned against me.

...she was the one person who stuck up for me when I spoke out against the Diversity Workshop that would have advised us that white men like myself need special "guidance" from minorities and LGBT folk to include diverse characters in our work.

She invited me to her writing group, which she formed because she didn't like the writing group that I had to resign from because I made that protest.

Today, I got an email for her that she will be drafting her final papers and she wants me to find her a lawyer to help her with it.

I will pray for her, of course, but she is a member of a secular group so I'm pretty sure she doesn't believe in God.

I consider her one of my best friends even though I just met her, because she stuck up for me when so many people I thought were friends turned against me.
So sorry to hear this. I will be praying to God to give the two of you comfort during this trying time.

When she read from her story at group, I told her that I liked how her description of all the junk in the front yard of a house represented the evil and corruption of what was happening inside the house.

She was awed by my critique. She said, "men don't usually understand."

She made me realize that the division isn't between conservative and liberal or between Christian and non-believer.

The division is between those who believe that a writer should write whatever the fuck he wants to write, and those who would impose mob rule on writers to censor them based on arbitrary and ever-changing considerations.

For example, the white woman who is now being persecuted because she wrote a story about illegal immigrants. She's not a Hispanic, the mob says, so she has no right to write the story.

So get rid of 99% of the post and put the secular stuff aside and to be with your friend during her last days. All the other stuff aside, y'all are pals. To me, I would see my friend in need of me. And I would be there for them to no other reason then to just hold their hand. She is asking you for help with other things, that's awesome. Says allot about you and how you are. To be with your friend if it's possible, and ask God all the time to open her heart to him, and to let you bring him to her. Rough stuff man.

Forum List

Back