I just deleted my brother from my phone

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
We were very close from college in the 90s to about this year . Now we are 2 strangers

I finally decided it was best to delete and block him

. He disappeared and blew me off this year on a few occasions
. Now I am returning the favor

I have $950,000 and now zero on my inheritance list

His defense from what he told my mom
. Vegas has turned me into a miserable and very angry man that I can’t deal with

His defense from what he told my mom
. Vegas has turned me into a miserable and very angry man that I can’t deal with
I love Vegas.

Bad parts by the railroad, just like every major city.
The 215 is surrounded by new growth.
North of the 215 is ALL new.
Have you ever visited Aliante? Red Rock?
You say you live in Summerlin, bad? Summerlin is Bad?
You say you work in Central Vegas.
I'm assuming somewhere off Rainbow, Jones, Durango?

My goodness dude, If you can recognize a bad area, stay the fuck away.

I've spent 8 of the last 24 months in Vegas, I have yet to see what you describe.
Stay away from Circus Circus and MLK BLVD.

What negative part of Vegas are you so focused about?

East of the Strip, from Nellis South, still East of the Strip, I've driven through.
Old stuff, just stay home at dark.
Then you get near Henderson, another GREAT area.

Tell us what area this 'terrible Vegas' is?

I'm not seeing it.

We were very close from college in the 90s to about this year . Now we are 2 strangers

My only (younger) brother and I recently ended a similar situation and reconciled. Last year I gave him an expensive birthday present and a free guided kayak fishing trip worth several hundred dollars. Come my parents birthdays (a few days apart) and my birthday (a few days later, he was nowhere to be found or heard from. In fact, he missed my niece's 21st birthday without so much as a happy birthday text, my wife's birthday, our sister's birthday and Thanksgiving. At Christmas last year his relatively new (and married to someone else) girlfriend cornered my wife before dinner, at my uncle's home, and demanded to know why my brother and I were feuding and not speaking. Although my wife is much shorter, she is a fiery, feisty Guyanese East Indian with a mean left hook. Luckily, that little confrontation did not come to blows.

A bit more backstory . . .

Most of our family is neither comfortable with my brother living with a married woman, nor said woman's foul disposition and crass tendencies. She has a tendency for gallows humor, swearing at the dinner table in front of child family members, and making fun of my father, the family patriarch, and other family elders—within their range of hearing. So there's that . . . which contributed handsomely to our recent feud. No one can stand that woman or believe someone as upright, educated and responsible as my kid brother would go for her, let alone someone like her who has been married for over 13 years to another man.

Long story shorter: my brother and I both relented on Father's Day after not speaking a word to one another in over a year. I told myself I was doing it for our father. We took dad out to a nice restaurant and buried the hatchet for his sake. Ever since, we've been back to doing brotherly activities together, such as fishing, shooting, watching movies, playing pen and paper D&D and the like—minus his married girlfriend, who has not come around with him since we've reconciled.

Moral of the story: life is too damned short to hold grudges against siblings. However, if he brings her around and she crosses my wife again . . .

My only (younger) brother and I recently ended a similar situation and reconciled. Last year I gave him an expensive birthday present and a free guided kayak fishing trip worth several hundred dollars. Come my parents birthdays (a few days apart) and my birthday (a few days later, he was nowhere to be found or heard from. In fact, he missed my niece's 21st birthday without so much as a happy birthday text, my wife's birthday, our sister's birthday and Thanksgiving. At Christmas last year his relatively new (and married to someone else) girlfriend cornered my wife before dinner, at my uncle's home, and demanded to know why my brother and I were feuding and not speaking. Although my wife is much shorter, she is a fiery, feisty Guyanese East Indian with a mean left hook. Luckily, that little confrontation did not come to blows.

A bit more backstory . . .

Most of our family is neither comfortable with my brother living with a married woman, nor said woman's foul disposition and crass tendencies. She has a tendency for gallows humor, swearing at the dinner table in front of child family members, and making fun of my father, the family patriarch, and other family elders—within their range of hearing. So there's that . . . which contributed handsomely to our recent feud. No one can stand that woman or believe someone as upright, educated and responsible as my kid brother would go for her, let alone someone like her who has been married for over 13 years to another man.

Long story shorter: my brother and I both relented on Father's Day after not speaking a word to one another in over a year. I told myself I was doing it for our father. We took dad out to a nice restaurant and buried the hatchet for his sake. Ever since, we've been back to doing brotherly activities together, such as fishing, shooting, watching movies, playing pen and paper D&D and the like—minus his married girlfriend, who has not come around with him since we've reconciled.

Moral of the story: life is too damned short to hold grudges against siblings. However, if he brings her around and she crosses my wife again . . .
I don't have a brother

You know, I"ve always felt close to you like a brother.............

I never understood why people were so stuck on family.

If a member of your family is a toxic asshole there is no requirement for you to maintain a relationship.

But then again I grew up without a family so maybe I'm wrong

If you're looking for someone to be on your inheritance list, I'm interested.

I have 3 Nephews and 3 Nieces in Chicago and Phoenix

The oldest Niece in Chicago is eliminated for being a nasty leftist witch. We never talk

You know, I"ve always felt close to you like a brother.............
I will get another 1.5 M from my parents at least

Not like I am ever going to spend it. I dont like spending

i dont get that last line

but families can be the worst.. I empathize

Forum List

Back