I just cooked my pants....

Dirt McGirt

Bad Mother****er
Dec 19, 2006
For reals. The heater on my clothes dryer blew out earlier tonight and I had to dry a pair of jeans for the big New Year's Eve bash in Times Square so I put them in the oven. I don't recommend drying your clothes that way if you have conventional means but if you need to I recommend no more than 330 degrees Farenheit and setting the timer for 20 minutes. I put it on 400 and the bottom of my pants are a little crispy now. Fuck. If you're tuning in to Times Square tomorrow and see a guy with some burnt motherfucking jeans on, that's probably me.

(Thought my drunk ass would share that with you.)

For reals. The heater on my clothes dryer blew out earlier tonight and I had to dry a pair of jeans for the big New Year's Eve bash in Times Square so I put them in the oven. I don't recommend drying your clothes that way if you have conventional means but if you need to I recommend no more than 330 degrees Farenheit and setting the timer for 20 minutes. I put it on 400 and the bottom of my pants are a little crispy now. Fuck. If you're tuning in to Times Square tomorrow and see a guy with some burnt motherfucking jeans on, that's probably me.

(Thought my drunk ass would share that with you.)

Never cook drunk, kid.

Never cook drunk, kid.

About 1977 I tried to dry some jeans on a floor furnace. Same result.

The moral of the story is: for the price of the jeans one could probably haul it down to the local laundromat AND pay for the eveing's beers.

Damn .... my beer avatar is gone.:evil:

About 1977 I tried to dry some jeans on a floor furnace. Same result.

The moral of the story is: for the price of the jeans one could probably haul it down to the local laundromat AND pay for the eveing's beers.

Damn .... my beer avatar is gone.:evil:
It was 12 in the morning and I needed the jeans the next day. I had to improvise.

Times Square was awesome, but I'll never do that again. Waited 9 hours in the same spot for the ball to drop (I'm getting too old for that shit.) Always wanted to do that and can now cross that off on my to-do list. I'll put an astericks by it to denote I did it in burnt jeans.

It was 12 in the morning and I needed the jeans the next day. I had to improvise.

Times Square was awesome, but I'll never do that again. Waited 9 hours in the same spot for the ball to drop (I'm getting too old for that shit.) Always wanted to do that and can now cross that off on my to-do list. I'll put an astericks by it to denote I did it in burnt jeans.

Haha sounds like something I would think of doing!

I watched the ball drop, maybe I saw you! Looked cold and crowded!

This thread reminds me of an old saying my buddies from the restaurant use to use, "If it smell like your'e cooking while your'e ironing, its time to do the laundry". :lol:

Haha sounds like something I would think of doing!

I watched the ball drop, maybe I saw you! Looked cold and crowded!

Yeah I was that one dude wearing an orange 2007 hat with about a million people around me. I actually got a great spot near one of the stages right on the guard rail. I was about a block away from the ball. The sound system kept cutting out but I can't complain about free music. POD rocked last night- didn't care much for Toni Braxton or Chris Daughtry. The band from Austin was pretty good. My wife and I got captured by the TV cameras about 3 times (the close up shots) but I don't know if it made it to national TV and for how long. The weather was great. I think I felt a rain drop at 11:55 :razz: . Other than standing around for 9 hours in the same spot with some fat chicks elbow in my ass, I can't complain.

I used to live right near Times Square. 43rd and 8th ave. I was there one New Years Eve. I refused to go out in it. Crowds that big just freak me out. I loved NYC, but never had much business actually living there. I'm just not made for it.

Forum List

Back