I hope these Old Sitcoms wont be removed from syndication due to being OFFENSIVE

Sanford and Son
Yeah I was watching that show the other day and it’s gotten ridiculous the things they dont allow anymore that they find so offensive.in this day age sanford and son would never fly and never get produced cause there were a few episodes where Fred made fun of gays. Speaking of that,threes company would never fly either the way jack was always pretending to be gay on that show which basically was making fun of them.man these shows would never fly in this day and age.

It was weird that the jack character got mad at mr. ropers jokes when he knew he really wasnt gay. Or was he? LOL
Not really when you think about it,he had to sell it to roper he was gay so he was just pretending that roper was getting under his skin with the gay jokes,very clever of jack :biggrin:

For a while I really thought jack Ritter was gay in real life because of the way he talked on that show,that’s how gays always sound when they talk but when I saw him in other films though he never sounded anything like that so I then realized he was just playing the character and needed to be convincing he was gay so jack knew he had to sound gay when he spoke when roper was around.:biggrin:

Ready for this one, in the 1st season of Mash, the 4077th needed a better football player so they got them "SpearChucker" who was the fastest in the army.

Oliver Harmon "Spearchucker" Jones
So they persuade Henry to request for a neurosurgeon, specifically Spearchucker, for the 4077th as a ringer for their football team. Spearchucker helps prepare the team and eventually plays a key role in strategizing their victory over the 72nd Evac hospital.
In the book, just like in the movie, Spearchucker reveals that the nickname "Spearchucker", ordinarily a racial slur, referred in this case to his javelin-throwing prowess.
Thought Spearchucker was only in the movie?

Ready for this one, in the 1st season of Mash, the 4077th needed a better football player so they got them "SpearChucker" who was the fastest in the army.

So they persuade Henry to request for a neurosurgeon, specifically Spearchucker, for the 4077th as a ringer for their football team. Spearchucker helps prepare the team and eventually plays a key role in strategizing their victory over the 72nd Evac hospital.
In the book, just like in the movie, Spearchucker reveals that the nickname "Spearchucker", ordinarily a racial slur, referred in this case to his javelin-throwing prowess.
Read the link i provided....

No, the spearchucker character also appeared in the first season of MASH in about a dozen episodes or so.

Forum List

Back