I hear Walt Williams has died

Sorry to hear this, I hope his family and friends can look back on the good and happy times of his life and enjoy The privilege of having known him.

Here’s a nice tribute from his friend and colleague Thomas DiLorenzo.

Apparently Dr. Williams liked smoking cigarettes. Living to 84 with that habit is most fortunate for us.

Walter E. Williams, R.I.P
By Thomas DiLorenzo
December 3, 2020

I was deeply saddened and depressed to learn that my old friend Professor Walter E. Williams passed away yesterday morning at the age of 84. For the past forty years Walter was the John M. Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics at George Mason University; one of the greatest libertarian columnists in the world; a fabulously inspiring teacher; one of the best public speakers you would ever encounter on the subjects of economics and libertarianism; and the most popular guest host of the Rush Limbaugh radio show.

Walter was already at George Mason University when I arrived there as a young assistant professor of economics in 1981, preceding me by a year. He and I were the two faculty members who taught the large 300+ student sections of principles of economics. I quickly realized that it would be many years before I could approach Walter’s masterful classroom performances. (And you do need to be a bit of a performer before such a large audience that can easily be bored to death with such a large crowd and so many distractions).

Walter E. Williams, RIP - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Tribute from Thomas Sowell...
Walter E. Williams 1936-2020
Thomas Sowell
Thomas Sowell

|
Posted: Dec 02, 2020 5:15 P

Holding a black belt in karate, Walter was a tough customer. One night three men jumped him -- and two of those men ended up in a hospital.

The other side of Walter came out in relation to his wife, Connie. She helped put him through graduate school -- and after he received his Ph.D., she never had to work again, not even to fix his breakfast.

Walter liked to go to his job at 4:30 AM. He was the only person who had no problem finding a parking space on the street in downtown Washington. Around 9 o'clock or so, Connie -- now awake -- would phone Walter and they would greet each other tenderly for the day.

Walter E. Williams 1936-2020

Was he Amos or Andy?
He was a brilliant respected scholar, you racist trash!
You could have just not commented but you couldn't help showing eveyone was a disgusting
asshole you are! Fuck you, hillbilly clown.
They like to call Condi (mushroom cloud) Rice brilliant too but they never tell us why she`s brilliant. A lot of people have played the piano for the Queen.

They like to call Condi (mushroom cloud) Rice brilliant too but they never tell us why she`s brilliant. A lot of people have played the piano for the Queen.
Apparently bright conservative black people make you angry.

Intellectual Giant Walter Williams, a Character With Character, Dead at 84

He drove a cab for a spell to earn money, was drafted into the U.S. Army, and later pursued higher education, eventually earning a Ph.D. in economics from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Williams joined the faculty of George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia, in 1980, chaired its economics department from 1995 to 2001, and continued teaching at the institution until his death.

It's a damn shame the snarky, stupid, comments made by the usual, stupid commenters.

RIP - A conservative economist. USMB cons love him because they always tout the very rare black conservatives.

lZQMMPRONjuboZZ-1600x900-noPad.jpg
Never heard of him in my entire life.

Very warm and personal type of broadcasting that he did. And I'm sure his students at George Mason loved him as well.. Made economics pertinent to the pocketbooks of the masses..

I remember him ragging on Mrs. Williams a lot.. But in a loving kind of way.. Much more folksy than most broadcasters.. Kinda a pre-Trump Conservative populist in fact.

Forum List

Back