I have returned...

...out of sheer boredom.

Who are you?

He's good people. Pogo-aPProved Poster, Personable and Pithy.

Thanks for the endorsement Pogo and right back at ya. I'm so glad to see so many of the OG posters are still around in these trying times. Nice to hear voices you from afar a fella can trust.

I think you know my post was in jest. I'm sort of a sarcastic SOB. Welcome back, btw.

...out of sheer boredom.

Who are you?

He's good people. Pogo-aPProved Poster, Personable and Pithy.

Thanks for the endorsement Pogo and right back at ya. I'm so glad to see so many of the OG posters are still around in these trying times. Nice to hear voices you from afar a fella can trust.

I think you know my post was in jest. I'm sort of a sarcastic SOB. Welcome back, btw.
I did...it made me laugh. Thanks.

...out of sheer boredom.

When did you ever leave?

For that matter, did you ever post?
Before your time n00b

So was gas lamps. Doesn't mean I should miss them either.

Back in the old days, if a someone didn't like your post. . . they could register that displeasure. . . . with a negative reaction, instead of thank you, agree, funny, funny/agree, winner, informative, there are others available, the admin. just doesn't allow them anymore, after snowflakes complained. . . A LOT of folks left.

. . ah, gone are the days of the RED 'X' "disagree." Or. . "you are wrong." :71: The infamous, know nothing ratings. . . It signaled to the boards, basically, who was just full of shit. Now, you have to hang around a bit to get a feel for this. You know them though, don't ya?

The veterans remember the beloved big RED X though. ;)

images

Who SEZ you're "full of shit," though? People say that about my opinions, but they're obviously wrong. I'm brilliant.

. . . . of course YOU are. . .

. . . and so humble, introspective, and self-critical in her analysis as well. . . . . . not to mention. . .

No one would dare give one to you. Ever.

He left before Tiny Dancer passed away.
That's a kick in the gut.
And she died from the Flu, no less..... :( sigh.....
That sucks. She was one of the bright shining spots of USMB for sure.
We differed politically the past few years on a lot, but I've always loved her, for years.. she had spunk, was fearless.... I miss her, I wish I could have said good bye.....

When did you ever leave?

For that matter, did you ever post?
Before your time n00b

Back in the old days, if a someone didn't like your post. . . they could register that displeasure. . . . with a negative reaction, instead of thank you, agree, funny, funny/agree, winner, informative, there are others available, the admin. just doesn't allow them anymore, after snowflakes complained. . . A LOT of folks left.

. . ah, gone are the days of the RED 'X' "disagree." Or. . "you are wrong." :71: The infamous, know nothing ratings. . . It signaled to the boards, basically, who was just full of shit. Now, you have to hang around a bit to get a feel for this. You know them though, don't ya?

images

Who SEZ you're "full of shit," though? People say that about my opinions, but they're obviously wrong. I'm brilliant.

. . . and so humble, introspective, and self-critical in her analysis as well. . . . . . not to mention. . .

You do know I was being sarcastic, right?

Before your time n00b

images

Of course. . . You do know I was too?
national_sarcasm_society_grande.jpg

As we practically run the FZ, I believe we are board members, are we not? :71:

So glad you're back Missourian. I was gone for a couple of years (freedombecki) due to loss of a very precious spouse. Couldn't recall my password, so I just re-registered as "beautress." Kat was kind enough to offer to fix my problem, but I kinda liked the new name, so I let it be. :D
1585116162041.png

Last edited:
Before your time n00b

images

Of course. . . You do know I was too?
national_sarcasm_society_grande.jpg

As we practically run the FZ, I believe we are board members, are we not? :71:
LMAO!! Get thee a room, you two!!!
1585115769685.png

...out of sheer boredom.
Good to see you back Missourian!!! :)

USMB is kinda like The Hotel California

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door

I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

:beer:
Thanks Care, good to see you. How are things in the great white in northeast?
Got plumbing problems in the whole house, no water but from one outside faucet....of all times to be going thru this....And the virus panic.... the hubby and I are calmly trying to work through it all, and getting it fixed....

Outside of that, everything is going great!!! :)
Good grief. Well, if you need some advice post a message and flag me. I've done my share of plumbing over the years. Shark bites or their generic analogs are a Godsend. No more sweating and soldering old copper pipes...just cut, clean and slip on to switch to cpvc or pex... which is a breeze to work with.

thanks! The hubby was furloughed, watched a gazillion and one youtube videos, about 10,000 times each, went to the home depot and lowes a few times to pick up all the stuff, and took a shot at it a few days ago, when he finally mustered the guts, and low and behold, he got the whole 1st level of the house done, so 1 1/2 baths, and the kitchen with water!.............YAY!

The upstairs with the bedroom bath and laundry room is going to be tricky, but I would imagine he'll just watch another gazillion and one tutorials..... not like he has anywhere to go now....

I only want it done because with the laundry..... whenever we need to do it, he Macgyver's a hose from the outside faucet up to the washing machine on the 2nd floor.... still all a pain!

But I am so happy to have the downstairs done with running water and not be living like a homesteader in the wilderness, that he could take another 6 months to do the upstairs and I wouldn't bitch! :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back