i have never had a garden before but we're trying this year

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
my son rototilled a much bigger spot than I had planned.

I live in the west coast. We have slugs, snails, earwigs and pill bugs...in addition to crows and other birds.

I can probably deal with the birds but how do I eliminate the slugs and snails? They literally come at night and eat everything.

I live in the west coast. We have slugs, snails, earwigs and pill bugs...in addition to crows and other birds.

I can probably deal with the birds but how do I eliminate the slugs and snails? They literally come at night and eat everything.
take a tuna or catfood can, nestle it into the soil so the rim is at ground level, and fill it half way with beer. They'll crawl in and drown. Obviously you'll need more than one for a big garden.
Or just do what most gardeners do and plant some for you and some for them. Over-plant, I mean.

take a tuna or catfood can, nestle it into the soil so the rim is at ground level, and fill it half way with beer. They'll crawl in and drown. Obviously you'll need more than one for a big garden.
Or just do what most gardeners do and plant some for you and some for them. Over-plant, I mean.

Oh there is no limit..they eat the stuff the minute it pokes up through the soil.

Forum List

Back