I have just hopped aboard the smoothie train

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I love them!

I had one this am for breakfast, and for lunch..I don't know if that's over board but I haven't been hungry so it must be okay.

This morning it was bananas, greek yogurt, almond milk, cocoa and chia seeds.

for lunch it was almond milk, yogurt, bananas, chia seeds, and a chopped up apple. Oh and some quick oats.

I probably could have done without the quick oats but I bet I don't get hungry before late tonight.

I need ice though, it's better with ice in it I think. Drinking it without the ice becomes a little bit of a marathon towards the end.

I think I want to do some of the green ones but only if I can do it with a regular blender, since that's what I have. God knows I don't want to drink chunks of kale or whatever gawdawful thing they put in there...

You really need a juicer for veggies. The pulp is very filling and may plug up your pluming. But broad leaf greens are tough for a centrifical juicer. I also have a masticating juicer if I want to do those.

I do a smoothie most mornings with a Vitamix. Regular benders have about half the power. I freeze my fruit and have a banana, strawberries, bran, apple cider vinegar and sometimes grapes.

Warning!!!: Using a vegetable juicer leads to drinking vegetables. No one ingesting vegetables has ever lived forever.

Saw it on TV yesterday, birthday cake and ice in the blender as a smoothie.

You really need a juicer for veggies. The pulp is very filling and may plug up your pluming. But broad leaf greens are tough for a centrifical juicer. I also have a masticating juicer if I want to do those.

I do a smoothie most mornings with a Vitamix. Regular benders have about half the power. I freeze my fruit and have a banana, strawberries, bran, apple cider vinegar and sometimes grapes.

In all seriousness, it's better to blend fruits and veggies rather than juicing them. Our bodies need the fiber to help digest and to prevent any spikes from the sugars. It also helps with satiety. The Vitamix decimates veggies anyway, it's the best blender available.

Forum List

Back