" I have a right not to be infected "..... Um...no... you don't actually have that right....it does not exist.

To date I have yet to get a good answer from any of them on the mutually exclusive conundrum of face mask ineffectiveness versus vaccination failure. I do get plenty of intellectual condescension though. You're not smarter than the epidemiologists and doctors who say it works..... That's the fallback I always get from them. So the left continues its chase down the rabbit hole of ignorance constantly prostrating themselves before the altar of academia who sees them for the fools that they really are.

Right. If a physicist says sound moves faster than light they are still monumentally wrong even if they have "expertise". We have idolized "experts" so they are never wrong. It's unbelievable.

We all have a right to the commons. And we have a say in how the commons is managed. The air we breathe is part of the commons, and government has a responsibility to keep it clean and breathable. This is the premise for most pollution regulation.

I'm open to arguments that government shouldn't be in charge of keeping the air clean, that there may be better ways to manage it. But as long as we are sharing the atmosphere, breathing the same air, it's something we'll have to deal with in some way.
Bravo! We'll said!

Right. If a physicist says sound moves faster than light they are still monumentally wrong even if they have "expertise". We have idolized "experts" so they are never wrong. It's unbelievable.
It is an unforgivable mental laziness and a form of State worship. Incredibly it is based on the blindest of all faiths! You simply cannot make this s*** up. These people don the robes of credulity and bow down before the altar of false learning more faithfully, more religiously and more inanely that any religious movement they may choose to verbally persecute.

The argument assumes that the government is in charge. That's a bad assumption either way. You almost have to laugh that the same people who would force free citizens to drink the kool-aid also defended the privacy of the gay community to engage in random and risky anonymous sexual adventures that put them at risk for the deadly AIDS epidemic. Now it seems that you need the government's permission with an I.D. card to engage in the basic right to eat in a restaurant in some venues these days. The truth of the matter is that you have the God given right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness within the law without interference from government officials.

“The right not to be infected “ is an impossible right to enforce on any reasonable level.
I find it difficult to ascertain who the infector would be as the vaccine does not provide immunity from infection nor does it prevent those infected from spreading the virus. Therefore, ANYONE, vaccinated or not, could be the spreader. To whom would this so-called right apply?

I had a Prog look me right in the eye and with a straight face tell me she had a Constitutional "Right" to not be offended.
These losers just make me livid! Did you suggest to her that she go away and come back when she learns how not to be offended? Because those who spout this bullshit simply refuse to live un-offended, happy lives. Being offended is their whole life because taking offense makes them feel as if they are special and noble in some way.

The person who wants to not be exposed to pathogens needs to carry their own six foot stick. I have way too much in my own hands to carry your stick. Don't like it? Stay the fuck home.
That reminds me of a funny story.
It was in the papers a while back when the pandemic really became a thing and people's initial reaction was panic.

An uppity-schmuck white woman happened to be walking along a jogging path early in the morning. A young athletic Spanish woman happened to be jogging down that same path in the opposite direction. As she approached the flaming Lefty who was out on her morning constitutional she was greeted in a lance-like manner with a 6 ft wooden Pole that more or less jabbed her in the shoulder. She responded instantly by kicking the s*** out of The other woman who apparently did not realize that the stick was merely meant to be used as a measuring tool not an actual lance.

I forgot how the story ended... I'm not sure if any charges were filed or if any prosecutions followed. They most likely did. I'm guessing that the lance-lady didn't repeat that mistake however.

Jo

These losers just make me livid! Did you suggest to her that she go away and come back when she learns how not to be offended? Because those who spout this bullshit simply refuse to live un-offended, happy lives. Being offended is their whole life because taking offense makes them feel as if they are special and noble in some way.
They literally walk around looking for things to be offended by.

Jo

The non existent claim of “ right not to be infected “ simply does not exist. I mention this because it has been

Championed by the collectivist society as the spear head of their reasoning to remove everyone else’s choice in the matter. So let’s examine this position offered out by the totalitarian left.

First let me say that I have some sympathy for the position….and I understand the fears and compulsions that lead to that position. However life is not simply a chain of actions and reactions governed by our fears and compulsions…if it was non of us would live past our first few decades and we certainly would have no form of functioning society.

To illustrate let’s take a common activity….. Driving for instance. We all have a right to be safe on the road but non of us ever truly are. There is always a common risk when you get behind the wheel and drive someplace. The common risk is accepted as the necessary entropy so to speak required to allow the activity to exist which everyone does agree is an important function. Continuous and progressive applications of risk aversion elements in this particular life function would quickly and permanently eliminate the possibility of driving anywhere at any time for anything using any kind of vehicle. You can see immediately where the problem lies here. So the right to be safe on the road does not translate into the absolute value of the function (in this case driving) to the point where it eliminates the function altogether and in a sense that right is only an inferred right. It does not actually exist.

Let’s repeat that once more for emphasis…. It does not actually exist ….. you more or less give it up when you agree to get a driver’s license and purchase vehicle insurance for your car. You are paying to be involved in that risk so that you can benefit from the transportation that you would suffer without otherwise. It’s an unavoidable trade off.

Similarly with human society….we are agreeing to the risks of living in an organized culture so that we can benefit from the group effort that builds cities, highways, food stores, pharmacies, police and fire systems and so forth. As with any activity, driving included…..there are common risks that cannot be eliminated without eliminating the entire system. Contagion is one of them. “The right not to be infected “ is an impossible right to enforce on any reasonable level. It’s a reverse right, a misnomer…..and is in fact not a right at all. It does not exist.

If that were the case we would have to make the common cold illegal. While nothing prevents our adventurous legislators from trying that….they might as well legislate against the next eclipse for all the good such a law would do them. The perception that another person who is unvaccinated is violating our rights is a dead end. It has no measureable parameters and is inseparably integrated into the set of rules that we agree to vicariously when we consciously decide to be a member of society rather than to live on the outskirts of civilization in a cave someplace chasing down small rodents for protein.

This happened during a heated discussion with some fellow employees …. Spontaneously….. “ I have a right not to be infected “….was the statement made to me….. My response was: “ There is no such right because it’s not actually a right“….. end of story.

JO
Thanks for confirming right-wingers don't really believe in the "sanctity of life" except in abortion threads.

Thanks for confirming right-wingers don't really believe in the "sanctity of life" except in abortion threads.
Our "sanctity of life" extends exactly as far as your "right to not be infected", or more precisely, your "right not to have to be responsible for yourself".

Exactly six feet.

Forum List

Back