" I have a right not to be infected "..... Um...no... you don't actually have that right....it does not exist.

Please excuse mudwhistle, he is full of hate and thus incapable of rational discourse.
Yeah.....I'M THE HATER.
We can't get Biden to stop paying them to come here. Doing anything to try to stop them from staying is labeled systemic racism.
Biden is bringing these people here to destroy Social Security and overtax the economy.
Right when all of the Baby-Boomers are retiring.
What could possibly go wrong????

Please excuse mudwhistle, he is full of hate and thus incapable of rational discourse.
I guess you can get away with calling unvaxxed folks murderers..assuming they're white Trump Supporters..but brown skinned illegals spreading COVID, Small Pox, and various other diseases are just fabulous.

:no_text11:

Seems the only guilt belongs to white folks. Am I right??

Well....the truth is....only 25% of blacks have been vaccinated. Did you know that?

FB_IMG_1635011004481.jpg

The non existent claim of “ right not to be infected “ simply does not exist. I mention this because it has been

Championed by the collectivist society as the spear head of their reasoning to remove everyone else’s choice in the matter. So let’s examine this position offered out by the totalitarian left.

First let me say that I have some sympathy for the position….and I understand the fears and compulsions that lead to that position. However life is not simply a chain of actions and reactions governed by our fears and compulsions…if it was non of us would live past our first few decades and we certainly would have no form of functioning society.

To illustrate let’s take a common activity….. Driving for instance. We all have a right to be safe on the road but non of us ever truly are. There is always a common risk when you get behind the wheel and drive someplace. The common risk is accepted as the necessary entropy so to speak required to allow the activity to exist which everyone does agree is an important function. Continuous and progressive applications of risk aversion elements in this particular life function would quickly and permanently eliminate the possibility of driving anywhere at any time for anything using any kind of vehicle. You can see immediately where the problem lies here. So the right to be safe on the road does not translate into the absolute value of the function (in this case driving) to the point where it eliminates the function altogether and in a sense that right is only an inferred right. It does not actually exist.

Let’s repeat that once more for emphasis…. It does not actually exist ….. you more or less give it up when you agree to get a driver’s license and purchase vehicle insurance for your car. You are paying to be involved in that risk so that you can benefit from the transportation that you would suffer without otherwise. It’s an unavoidable trade off.

Similarly with human society….we are agreeing to the risks of living in an organized culture so that we can benefit from the group effort that builds cities, highways, food stores, pharmacies, police and fire systems and so forth. As with any activity, driving included…..there are common risks that cannot be eliminated without eliminating the entire system. Contagion is one of them. “The right not to be infected “ is an impossible right to enforce on any reasonable level. It’s a reverse right, a misnomer…..and is in fact not a right at all. It does not exist.

If that were the case we would have to make the common cold illegal. While nothing prevents our adventurous legislators from trying that….they might as well legislate against the next eclipse for all the good such a law would do them. The perception that another person who is unvaccinated is violating our rights is a dead end. It has no measureable parameters and is inseparably integrated into the set of rules that we agree to vicariously when we consciously decide to be a member of society rather than to live on the outskirts of civilization in a cave someplace chasing down small rodents for protein.

This happened during a heated discussion with some fellow employees …. Spontaneously….. “ I have a right not to be infected “….was the statement made to me….. My response was: “ There is no such right because it’s not actually a right“….. end of story.

JO

I had a Prog look me right in the eye and with a straight face tell me she had a Constitutional "Right" to not be offended.

Damn good question.... This is a massive fukkup and the only way they can cover it up is to continue with it and push it to the max. I think what scares them most about the unvaccinated people is that the longer they are unvaccinated and unaffected the more their story becomes exposed. They can only keep up with the phony numbers game for so long before it falls on its face and I think we're getting close to that point now.

Jo

Outside of our own minds, rights exist precisely to the extent that we enforce them. They only have as much substance as we grant them. And if we collectively decide this one should be enforced to one degree or another, then we grant it substance. Which would annoy people who are on the wrong side of ethics, morality, history, science, etc. How frustrating for them. But that's their fking problem.

OH good a moral panic about a airborne respiratory virus

This will work out so well for the liberals....OH LOOK it already it! hahaha

Yeah but that's a SEXUALLY transmitted disease. It's the only freedom liberals care about. In every other area of life they want to hall monitor you to death, right down to telling you how, when and where to put a useless piece of cloth over your mug

Right
My question to them is that if masks work why does anyone need to be vaccinated? And once again if vaccinations work why does anyone need a mask? Nobody seems to be able to come up with a coherent answer for that combination of questions.

My question to them is that if masks work why does anyone need to be vaccinated?
Gotdam that is a stupid question, at this point. A year into the pandemic, no functioning adult should be this embarrassingly ignorant. Ultimately, I guess I blame the honest, educated people for not getting through to you. Aggressively and proudly ignorant people will always exist. We have to find a better way of getting through to you.

Gotdam that is a stupid question, at this point. A year into the pandemic, no functioning adult should be this embarrassingly ignorant. Ultimately, I guess I blame the honest, educated people for not getting through to you. Aggressively and proudly ignorant people will always exist. We have to find a better way of getting through to you.
So answer then.
Jo

So answer then.
Jo
Nope. You need to spend 1/10 of the time you spend looking up ridiculously lies from the right wing feedback loop and look up the answer yourself. Nothing I say will sway you. We both know this. And I am not your mommy.

Shameless lies. By liars, for liars.
So you really shouldn't care if anyone else has had the shot, right???

If the shot works, YOU are protected!!!

Oh, wait...

Isn't the problem the fact that the shot DOESN'T keep you from getting or spreading Covid (meaning you got a worthless shot with potentially deadly side effects, and are trying to force everyone else to take it too)???

So you really shouldn't care if anyone else has had the shot, right???
No, that's stupid, and the fact that we have so many aggressive and proudly ignorant adults in this country over a year into the pandemic is an embarrassment to our country.

The non existent claim of “ right not to be infected “ simply does not exist. I mention this because it has been

Championed by the collectivist society as the spear head of their reasoning to remove everyone else’s choice in the matter. So let’s examine this position offered out by the totalitarian left.

First let me say that I have some sympathy for the position….and I understand the fears and compulsions that lead to that position. However life is not simply a chain of actions and reactions governed by our fears and compulsions…if it was non of us would live past our first few decades and we certainly would have no form of functioning society.

To illustrate let’s take a common activity….. Driving for instance. We all have a right to be safe on the road but non of us ever truly are. There is always a common risk when you get behind the wheel and drive someplace. The common risk is accepted as the necessary entropy so to speak required to allow the activity to exist which everyone does agree is an important function. Continuous and progressive applications of risk aversion elements in this particular life function would quickly and permanently eliminate the possibility of driving anywhere at any time for anything using any kind of vehicle. You can see immediately where the problem lies here. So the right to be safe on the road does not translate into the absolute value of the function (in this case driving) to the point where it eliminates the function altogether and in a sense that right is only an inferred right. It does not actually exist.

Let’s repeat that once more for emphasis…. It does not actually exist ….. you more or less give it up when you agree to get a driver’s license and purchase vehicle insurance for your car. You are paying to be involved in that risk so that you can benefit from the transportation that you would suffer without otherwise. It’s an unavoidable trade off.

Similarly with human society….we are agreeing to the risks of living in an organized culture so that we can benefit from the group effort that builds cities, highways, food stores, pharmacies, police and fire systems and so forth. As with any activity, driving included…..there are common risks that cannot be eliminated without eliminating the entire system. Contagion is one of them. “The right not to be infected “ is an impossible right to enforce on any reasonable level. It’s a reverse right, a misnomer…..and is in fact not a right at all. It does not exist.

If that were the case we would have to make the common cold illegal. While nothing prevents our adventurous legislators from trying that….they might as well legislate against the next eclipse for all the good such a law would do them. The perception that another person who is unvaccinated is violating our rights is a dead end. It has no measureable parameters and is inseparably integrated into the set of rules that we agree to vicariously when we consciously decide to be a member of society rather than to live on the outskirts of civilization in a cave someplace chasing down small rodents for protein.

This happened during a heated discussion with some fellow employees …. Spontaneously….. “ I have a right not to be infected “….was the statement made to me….. My response was: “ There is no such right because it’s not actually a right“….. end of story.

JO
Besides: it has nothing to do with people and their interactions, assuming they have any at all. This epidemic now has an R0 of R8 or 9, I read yesterday, and that is a form of exponent: no one can escape it if they have ANY contact with other people, including lighthouse keepers. Rapunzel might be safe in her tower. This is not about people. It's about the virus viewing us as a target of opportunity to reproduce; and everything, after all, is about reproduction. The Selfish Gene.

No, that's stupid, and the fact that we have so many aggressive and proudly ignorant adults in this country over a year into the pandemic is an embarrassment to our country.
Actually, the fact that the Liberals are pushing a shot that doesn't work (and pushing back against effective TREATMENTS) is an embarrassment to our country...

But what else would you expect from people that rigged an election where they could have a President with a lower IQ than a potato???

Nope. You need to spend 1/10 of the time you spend looking up ridiculously lies from the right wing feedback loop and look up the answer yourself. Nothing I say will sway you. We both know this. And I am not your mommy.
Coward.... You hide behind ntellectual condescension though you are neither intellectual nor factual. You choose wisely not to try to answer those questions because you know God damn well I'll eat you alive. We've done this before and it's turned out badly for you... choose to do it again?

Actually, the fact that the Liberals are pushing a shot that doesn't work (and pushing back against effective TREATMENTS) is an embarrassment to our country...

But what else would you expect from people that rigged an election where they could have a President with a lower IQ than a potato???
To date I have yet to get a good answer from any of them on the mutually exclusive conundrum of face mask ineffectiveness versus vaccination failure. I do get plenty of intellectual condescension though. You're not smarter than the epidemiologists and doctors who say it works..... That's the fallback I always get from them. So the left continues its chase down the rabbit hole of ignorance constantly prostrating themselves before the altar of academia who sees them for the fools that they really are.

We all have a right to the commons. And we have a say in how the commons is managed. The air we breathe is part of the commons, and government has a responsibility to keep it clean and breathable. This is the premise for most pollution regulation.

I'm open to arguments that government shouldn't be in charge of keeping the air clean, that there may be better ways to manage it. But as long as we are sharing the atmosphere, breathing the same air, it's something we'll have to deal with in some way.

Forum List

Back