I Have A Pepsi Addiction

satrebil

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2018
My 2 vices: cigarettes and Pepsi.

About 6 months ago I quit smoking. After 20 years I was up to 2 packs/day. I used a Juul to ween myself off. It worked and I feel great. No more morning cough, food tastes better, and it seems like I have the nose of a dog. Downside - my metabolism crashed and I gained about 20 pounds. This is almost certainly exacerbated by my 2nd addiction - Pepsi. I am easily putting down a 2 liter per day. Whereas many people wake up in the morning and have a coffee... I crack a Pepsi.

I stopped for a few weeks, drinking only flavored water but I craved Pepsi every frickin day... worse than I ever craved a cigarette. Shit's like crack to me. This week I broke down and bought a few cases on Monday. It's Friday and I've got about 6 cans left. They'll certainly be gone by morning if not this evening.

Anyone else here ever have a bad soda habit? What'd you do to kick it?

I quit smoking cold Turkey 27 years ago. Never had the soft drink cravings although I did use to drink them a lot more than I do know, which is rarely.

I'll just repeat a story I've posted before about a co-worker who was putting away 2 liters of soda per day. He went into the hospital and we didn't see him for 6 months. When he came back he looked like a dead man walking and needed braces on his legs to walk. He was a pretty healthy guy around 40.

About 6 months ago I quit smoking. After 20 years I was up to 2 packs/day. I used a Juul to ween myself off. It worked and I feel great. No more morning cough, food tastes better, and it seems like I have the nose of a dog. Downside - my metabolism crashed and I gained about 20 pounds. This is almost certainly exacerbated by my 2nd addiction - Pepsi. I am easily putting down a 2 liter per day. Whereas many people wake up in the morning and have a coffee... I crack a Pepsi.

I stopped for a few weeks, drinking only flavored water but I craved Pepsi every frickin day... worse than I ever craved a cigarette. Shit's like crack to me. This week I broke down and bought a few cases on Monday. It's Friday and I've got about 6 cans left. They'll certainly be gone by morning if not this evening.

I had a bad soda habit running up until 2003 or so. Then I discovered coffee. That cut my Pepsi intake in half. Around 2012 or so, I started drinking flavored seltzer water. Combine that with coffee and a regular workout habit and that cut me back to a couple of cans of soda a week. A few years ago, I started buying Pepsi in those 8oz cans and limiting myself to one per week. Sugar is one of the hardest addictions to kick believe it or not. It's literally everywhere.

Caffeine is the addictive substance? ... yes, it's added to soda pop to increase sales ... I don't add sugar to my coffee, and I only drink enough to serve the addiction, two mugs in the morning with a dash of milk ... 45 years and no stomach issues ... my weight problem is due to all the beer I drink ...

Try d

Try Diet Pepsi. It's been so long since I've had a regular Pepsi with sugar I don't even know what they taste like anymore. In the summer time I switch to sweet tea made with Splenda or Equal.

Yep. Me too. Fountain drinks though (diet pepsi). It's the only vice I have left. You're right. Addicting as hell

Caffeine is the addictive substance? ... yes, it's added to soda pop to increase sales ... I don't add sugar to my coffee, and I only drink enough to serve the addiction, two mugs in the morning with a dash of milk ... 45 years and no stomach issues ... my weight problem is due to all the beer I drink ...
It's not the caffeine, it's the "bite" from the soda. I switched to caffeine free several times, but the craving was just as strong.

Pepsi is my favorite beverage but fortunately I have control over it. I will have one (of the small cans) per week usually with salted nuts or Doritos. It’s a treat for me. I’m 72 and borderline diabetic so I have to be careful.

I quit two years ago and I' the same way. Weight's not too bad... yet, but there are so many tomorrows. Congrats on the quit and let me know if you find a way to quit pepsicrack.

It's not the caffeine, it's the "bite" from the soda. I switched to caffeine free several times, but the craving was just as strong.

This is why I always wonder if it's the sugar, not the caffeine that's the addiction.

I had a bad soda habit running up until 2003 or so. Then I discovered coffee. That cut my Pepsi intake in half. Around 2012 or so, I started drinking flavored seltzer water. Combine that with coffee and a regular workout habit and that cut me back to a couple of cans of soda a week. A few years ago, I started buying Pepsi in those 8oz cans and limiting myself to one per week. Sugar is one of the hardest addictions to kick believe it or not. It's literally everywhere.
Yes sugar is an insidious poison. The food industry puts it in a majority of food products because of it's addictive qualities. It is not discouraged by the medical industry because it keeps them supplied with sick people.

Slowly begin to let your soda go flat....before you drink it....ween yourself off that way....kind of like switching brands of smokes....

I kicked my Pepsi habit over 40 years ago... Mexican Coca Cola is how I did it...
Yeah, I kicked my soda addiction with Mexican Coke as well. I don't know what it is about that stuff. I just tastes crisper or something. More satisfying.

And then I tappered that off to just two or three a month, only when I have Pizza.

That's because they put aborted human fetal cells in it and no i'm not kidding. High Fructose is addictive as helll u probably have candida.

and Mexican coke is much better.

Try d

Try Diet Pepsi. It's been so long since I've had a regular Pepsi with sugar I don't even know what they taste like anymore. In the summer time I switch to sweet tea made with Splenda or Equal.

I've tried it, can't stand the taste of any diet soda. :/

I kicked my Pepsi habit over 40 years ago... Mexican Coca Cola is how I did it...
Yeah, I kicked my soda addiction with Mexican Coke as well. I don't know what it is about that stuff. I just tastes crisper or something. More satisfying.

And then I tappered that off to just two or three a month, only when I have Pizza.

I have had Mexican coke and I do agree, it's pretty damn good. But I don't see how it would be any healthier than Pepsi... ?

Forum List

Back