I have a few questions...

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
I've been hearing that the Electorate could possibly change the results of the election come December 19th(?) when it's officiated or confirmed and thereby POSSIBLY giving it to Hillary and booting Trump out.

Is this possible? Has it ever been done before? And do you think they'd really risk doing that & creating an all out civil war? :dunno:

I doubt it. If it does, nowhere will be safe. No, that's just loser libs puking out their asses as usual, trying to stir up hard working conservatives into playing into their hands. Never gonna happen.

You mean the Electoral College I think.

"Faithless Electors" sometimes have varied their votes from how the states voted so it's possible, although they risk either fines/prosecution or having their vote nullified, or both. Only one I've heard of was a Bernie supporter in Washington who says he refuses to vote for Hillary.

Yet another reason the whole Electrical College scam needs to go.

"Civil war" is an intriguing reference, since it can certainly be argued that the original Electoral College helped set up the Civil War. The real one.

I've been hearing that the Electorate could possibly change the results of the election come December 19th(?) when it's officiated or confirmed and thereby POSSIBLY giving it to Hillary and booting Trump out.

Is this possible? Has it ever been done before? And do you think they'd really risk doing that & creating an all out civil war? :dunno:
It is technically possible but even if some weak minded electors could be persuaded to abandon their responsibilities to voters, Trump has such a large lead in electors it is a practical impossibility.

Don't worry the gutless Democrats don't have the balls to try that. Besides Democrats are much happier in the minority, sitting on the sidelines bitching and complaining. Being in the majority, being in charge means they are held responsible and accountable they hate that.

Don't worry the gutless Democrats don't have the balls to try that. Besides Democrats are much happier in the minority, sitting on the sidelines bitching and complaining. Being in the majority, being in charge means they are held responsible and accountable they hate that.
Fuck,, and Reid is still in office, when will the inanity end?

"Faithless Electors" sometimes have varied their votes from how the states voted so it's possible, although they risk either fines/prosecution or having their vote nullified, or both. Only one I've heard of was a Bernie supporter in Washington who says he refuses to vote for Hillary.

"Civil war" is an intriguing reference, since it can certainly be argued that the original Electoral College helped set up the Civil War. The real one.

I don't know if the risk of legal action is a serious one. From what I've read, no one has ever been prosecuted for being a faithless elector. It's even possible the Supreme Court could end up ruling that laws against faithless electors are unconstitutional. :dunno:

"The other 29 and the District do have such laws, but no faithless electors have ever been prosecuted, according to the Archives."
How 'faithless electors' are messing with our electoral maps, explained

Last edited:

It's possible but vanishingly unlikely. The largest number of faithless electors in history (not counting electors pledged to candidates who died) was 32 in 1836. 30 of those were voting for vice president rather than president. Faithless electors have never changed the outcome of a presidential election.

Faithless Electors - Fairvote

Most of Washington was more behind Sanders than Hillary and there were other electors that were considering not voting for Hillary (you didn't read that link, didya?)

Electrical (?) College??? I don't fully understand how the Electoral College works by state, but I believe in the Constitution enough to want to protect it. It may need to be changed or amended, but not tossed.

I believe that once you start taking away from the Constitution &/or the Founding Fathers intent for this country.....then you give up all the Freedoms it represents.

Damn you are so indocterated Pogo

Again this is the United States of America not the United States of California..

Your values of Seattle is not the same as kansas.. Stop that bullshit

BUT they are adding fuel to the existing fires of the angry & dissatisfied populace......not a good prospect

You would have more luck repealing the 2nd amendment then getting rid of the electoral college.. Lmfao

I agree with you there.......Harry Reid is an ass & needs wiped

The left went all out to try to get the EC to overturn the vote in 2000, they couldn't get one voter to do it

Most of Washington was more behind Sanders than Hillary and there were other electors that were considering not voting for Hillary (you didn't read that link, didya?)

Electrical (?) College??? I don't fully understand how the Electoral College works by state, but I believe in the Constitution enough to want to protect it. It may need to be changed or amended, but not tossed.

I believe that once you start taking away from the Constitution &/or the Founding Fathers intent for this country.....then you give up all the Freedoms it represents.

Just because something is in the Constitution does not mean it represents freedom. Changes to the Constitution should not be made lightly, but at times they definitely should be made. The way electors are chosen and vote has, itself, changed since the founding.

BUT they are adding fuel to the existing fires of the angry & dissatisfied populace......not a good prospect

It's what leftists do, not going to change that

Reid is history come Jan.

Just because something is in the Constitution does not mean it represents freedom. Changes to the Constitution should not be made lightly, but at times they definitely should be made. The way electors are chosen and vote has, itself, changed since the founding.

Not trying to b pissy here, but I do think the whole of the Constitution and all that's in it does represent freedoms. Without it, the people would be at the mercy of a totalitarian rule.

I don't know if the risk of legal action is a serious one. From what I've read, no one has ever been prosecuted for being a faithless elector. It's even possible the Supreme Court could end up ruling that laws against faithless electors are unconstitutional. :dunno:

"The other 29 and the District do have such laws, but no faithless electors have ever been prosecuted, according to the Archives."
How 'faithless electors' are messing with our electoral maps, explained

They would be found unconstitutional, States have no authority to consider votes cast outside the Sate in determining how their electors vote.

Forum List

Back