I have a confession to make

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
I am not perfect. As it has been clearly demonstrated in one of my threads about Phil Robertson, even I can be on the wrong side of a debate. It is a side effect of an exploratory nature and a tendency to side with what "feels good" to me. I know better than that. It was gleaned early on in life with me that I fight valiantly for what I believe in. That however can be taken a tad too far.

I make it a point to admit my mistakes, and I feel this admission should be made publicly for all to see. I was wrong. Not about what the man said, but about saying that somehow his First Amendment rights were somehow violated by A&E. I know know through exploratory research that I was the one who has erred. Please accept this admission as an olive branch, and a plea to move on.

TK

No one's perfect....ain't that wonderful? Think how boring we'd be otherwise :)

dancing_in_the_rain1.jpg

To err is human to forgive divine.

I don't even know what you said that was so bad.

I love how you quoted Alexander Pope there. I took a stance too far, flew in the face of facts and logic. I did something I promised myself long, long ago that I would never do again. This is my way of quelling these demons and returning to what I taught myself to be. Factual, logical, thoughtful, open minded, and understanding.

I find chocolate very good for conquoring guilt ;)

(as long as I avoid the scales for while...)

Hot chocolate with marshmallows helps assuage such inner tremors, TK.

I don't think what people say on this issue, other than how some say it, is all that wrong, but the circumstances are as you have come to realize.

Good on you.

I love how you quoted Alexander Pope there. I took a stance too far, flew in the face of facts and logic. I did something I promised myself long, long ago that I would never do again. This is my way of quelling these demons and returning to what I taught myself to be. Factual, logical, thoughtful, open minded, and understanding.

Remember when I first got here and suggested you posted like a liberal?

This is an example of what I was recognizing in you.

A passionate nature that made you leap sometimes before you looked.

And to admit when you've erred, awesome.

It was a reasonable position you started from, TK. We all had to scare up some research and put the old thinking caps on to course-correct what seemed at first like a reasonable read. That is the benefit of dialogue and discussion -- to learn something from our opponents. May we all be big enough to keep a humility in mind as you've shown here. :thup:

People are seeing immaturity and knee jerk, deep seated hatred and mistaking it for passion.

People are seeing immaturity and knee jerk, deep seated hatred and mistaking it for passion.

Speak for yourself, having a deep seated hatred of those different from you. And given the responses with the exception of yours, I'd say they see me as an honorable person, for the willingness to admit my mistake. You on the other hand wouldn't know the first thing of humility.

New Topics

Forum List

Back