I got this in a right wing viral email

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
"The Left is swamping Fox News poll to skew the result.

Conservatives, go to this link and vote in the poll! Spread the word!"

Link deleted, but it had to do with health care reform.
Now who could have started a viral email like this and why?

GC, I have been getting right wing viral emails from a few ex co workers for years.
Reason why is I do not mix politics with work and they know I am smart, therefore I must agree with them?

Anyway this is the first one I had rcvd about stacking a poll.
Desperation?

Last edited:

:eek:

Erm, I'm guessing it was the right.

Again this is a guess, but the reason is probably to influence the poll result.

Gee, politics is a tough subject.

GC, I have been getting right wing viral emails from a few ex co workers for years.
Reason why is I do not mix politics with work and they know I am smart, therefore I must agree with them?

Desperation?

Maybe you haven't been reading them thoroughly enough.

Desperation?

Actually this goes on a lot. It's not necessarily some organized effort by a group, either.

Find any political poll on a "major" site and google it. You'll almost always find pages and pages of blogs and facebook pages and postings like the ones here telling lefties or righties to go vote on it. The e-mails do the same thing.

That's why online polls are so meaningless, they're gamed most of the time by all kinds of people wanting to skew the results. If anybody cites an online or "unscientific" poll, never ever trust the numbers.

And not mixing politics with work is the #1 smartest thing you can do. ;)

Desperation?

Actually this goes on a lot. It's not necessarily some organized effort by a group, either.

Find any political poll on a "major" site and google it. You'll almost always find pages and pages of blogs and facebook pages and postings like the ones here telling lefties or righties to go vote on it. The e-mails do the same thing.

That's why online polls are so meaningless, they're gamed most of the time by all kinds of people wanting to skew the results. If anybody cites an online or "unscientific" poll, never ever trust the numbers.

And not mixing politics with work is the #1 smartest thing you can do. ;)

A survival tactic :D

Desperation?
I'm wondering why anyone would even comment on an "on-line poll," unless of course it was a USMB poll, and we all know how meaningless they are except to create chat.

Desperation?

Normal kook behavior from both sides, but this kind of thing is routinely staged at DU to a big degree (Even to DUing non political polls for things as silly as salsa recipes) and at Free Republic to a little bit smaller degree.

I have a hard time crediting this is the first time you have seen this, as it is SOP from both sides

A survival tactic :D

Oh my, yes. Especially when you're in the minority and the boss isn't. :lol:

I kept up the same attitude when I was the boss.

Yep, you don't strike me as the kind to try to pressure his employees to agree with you politically. But I think most of us have had that boss at one time or another. Usually with a whole host of other petty, unprofessional, idiotic control issues bundled right alongside the political garbage too.

But that's enough about my job. :lol:

Desperation?

Normal kook behavior from both sides, but this kind of thing is routinely staged at DU to a big degree (Even to DUing non political polls for things as silly as salsa recipes) and at Free Republic to a little bit smaller degree.

I have a hard time crediting this is the first time you have seen this, as it is SOP from both sides

I am on no left wing viral email chains (thankfully). And I think the ones who forward the right wing ones to me do not send them all.
But I do get some pretty mean and disgusting stuff from them.

Desperation?

I am on no left wing viral email chains (thankfully). And I think the ones who forward the right wing ones to me do not send them all.

My simple solution is to just block anybody who hits the "forward" button too many times, no matter what brand of garbage they fill my inbox with. Problem solved!

They get a warning first, of course. The ones who send that kind of crap hardly ever listen. ;)

Organizing for America
Friend --

This past week, we saw what change looks like. And now, it's time to celebrate.

After a year of non-stop work from OFA volunteers like you -- reaching out to friends and neighbors; going to countless phone banks, town halls, canvasses, and rallies; placing millions of calls and emails to Congress; and so much more -- health care reform is now the law of the land.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/healthreformcelebration/

Yeah. Those darn emails.

Last edited:

My simple solution is to just block anybody who hits the "forward" button too many times, no matter what brand of garbage they fill my inbox with. Problem solved!

They get a warning first, of course. The ones who send that kind of crap hardly ever listen. ;)

That's my solution too. I got into a predicament on AOL that became a groupthink back and forth based on viral emails, and the "respond all" soon expanded to nearly 50 names. No one would respect my request to drop me, so I had to spend an hour blocking each and every one (some of whom I would have enjoyed continuing to read personal emails from, just not in that forum).

Forum List

Back