I Don't Understand It

What a waste of a country. It is sad to see all those people living in squalor with no leader or director to show them a way out of poverty. This is where they need a Peace Corpse to start educating people in farming , basic education and trades to make a livng.

Uh, yeah........what do you think the lifespan of those peace corps volunteers would be in Somalia? Days? Hours?

What a waste of a country. It is sad to see all those people living in squalor with no leader or director to show them a way out of poverty. This is where they need a Peace Corpse to start educating people in farming , basic education and trades to make a livng.

Uh, yeah........what do you think the lifespan of those peace corps volunteers would be in Somalia? Days? Hours?

Let's just say I wouldn't be selling them Life Insurance policies.

It's simple enough, the gigantic bureaucracy of the US government has to give specific permission to fire on a foreign civilian even in self defense. By the time the request filters up the State Dept and is discussed by the Justice Dept and parts of congress and the president is woken up to sign the document the pirates are long gone. The American citizen we killed the other day is a different matter. His death warrant was already signed by the president.

Let's just say I wouldn't be selling them Life Insurance policies.

I wouldn't sell them a long-lasting piece of gum.

From your link:
As most seafaring nations found it easier, and cheaper, to bribe the pirates rather than fight them in a war, a tradition developed of paying tribute for passage through the Mediterranean. European nations often worked out treaties with the Barbary pirates.

By the early 19th century the pirates were essentially sponsored by the Arab rulers of Morocco, Algiers, Tunis, and Tripoli.

The easy way is not always thre smarter way.

I wonder if the ancestors of some of the assholes on this site called Jefferson a 'neocon' and a 'teabagger'?

From your link:
As most seafaring nations found it easier, and cheaper, to bribe the pirates rather than fight them in a war, a tradition developed of paying tribute for passage through the Mediterranean. European nations often worked out treaties with the Barbary pirates.

By the early 19th century the pirates were essentially sponsored by the Arab rulers of Morocco, Algiers, Tunis, and Tripoli.

The easy way is not always thre smarter way.
And what choice do you have as to Islam? Submit, Be Killed,or be enslaved (paying a tax).

Jefferson had enough of it and took them on.

Nah, Jefferson was after the oil! Yeah, that's it! And he wasn't really President anyway, Dick Cheney was running things from the shadows! Yeah, that's it! It was all a big plot for Cheney and Jefferson to get rich I tell ya!

It's simple enough, the gigantic bureaucracy of the US government has to give specific permission to fire on a foreign civilian even in self defense. By the time the request filters up the State Dept and is discussed by the Justice Dept and parts of congress and the president is woken up to sign the document the pirates are long gone. The American citizen we killed the other day is a different matter. His death warrant was already signed by the president.

I'm trying to remember the situation where a captain of a Navy ship was captured and the Seals finally shot one of the pirates and the captain was recovered. Seems like the stories didn't jive, from the Navy and the WH. Am I dreaming that? Obama waited to give the order and the Seals did it on their own or from another captain of the Seals gave the order?

Forum List

Back