I Don't Know If This Is A Rant, But The New Ketchup Bottles Totally Suck

Anyway, stock up on your ketchup, folks. Because...you know...we gotta ration because the weather. Seems they're having problems keeping grocery store shelves stocked. At the moment it's voluntary. But you know how that goes, historically speaking. Heh heh...

Last edited:
Anyway, stock up on your ketchup, folks. Because...you know...we gotta ration because the weather. Heh heh...

Them tweeting about it is spookier that the store not having the specific brand I like best.

PJ fixed me a beautiful thick succulent cheeseburger a few minutes ago and I was adding the onion, pickle, lettuce, tomato, and of course the mustard and ketchup. Everything is fine as I deck it out, as I have all my life, including the mustard, but what in the hell has happened to ketchup bottles? We use Hunts, mostly but there isn't a great deal of difference between major brands of ketchup itself. The problem is in the new bottle.
I happily dribble thin lines of mustard in a pattern over the masterpiece she had made, in thin line, somewhat circular pattern with just the right average amount exactly where and in the amount I needed. Then the ketchup! I gave a gentle squeeze. Nothing. Barely increase the pressure, still nothing and slowly keep increasing the pressure, until in a wild torrent the ketchup shot out, completely covering my burger, running down the side and into the saucer, about 1/4 inch deep in all directions! What in the world is up with Hunts I thought, as it really pissed me off??!! It is like a pressure relief valve that will not dispense until overpressure is achieved only allowing full flow or no flow. PJ said, it is what it is, handing me a paper towel to clean it off and try again. I ended up cleaning it all off onto the sauce and applying with a knife. The burger really was excellent by the way. I announced, we gotta change to Heinz.
I went to the internet the purveyor of all knowledge in the 21st century and type the search argument "Hunt's Ketchup squeeze bottle sucks". I found article relating Hunts bottle to a sphincter ( yeah, real appetizing, eh?) and a YouTube video Heinz Ketchup Squeeze Bottles Suck, that illustrate the problem.

OK I am not the only one to notice and it is not just Hunts. That vid works but this one is more to the point. I love this guy.

What is with these damn ketchup people?

Conquest Through Erosion

Our ruling class of manufacturers are above just making money. They already have enough money; what they are after now is breaking down the will of their subjects through constant petty annoyances. All products are hard to open today, and that is why.

Forum List

Back