I don't know if Americans have a shill problem as we do in Canada, but I keep seeing crime posts. Americas murder rate has plummetted since the 80s...

So you think murders and violent crime in the US has gone down????

I would say that since the Obama regime crime and violence have become a lot worse.
That's because Obama was the first Openly Divisive Race Baiter in the WH.
Biden is just as bad or actually worse.

The Media has avoided letting America know just how bad it is so most remain oblivious until it affects them directly

That is what the data provided up to online.
Chart_NYCCrime_v01_sd_1653337195939_hpEmbed_1x1_992.jpg

You notice anything?
Absolutely, in NYC, the city was a massive cesspool of crime before Giuliani passed sweeping crime bills in combination with abortions lowering the population of babies likely to become criminals.
Crime until 2020 - in most cities were in decline for decades. Until 2020.

I suspected this. It is only now that cameras are everywhere and people see the results. Kids now have video games and the internet to keep them occupied. Here is the data for NY alone, a staggering drop over the decades: New York Murder/Homicide Rate 1979-2018.

People have a tendency to glamorize the past.

That isn't to say there aren't any crime problems today, but I all-too-often see/hear people with a sense of 'today is so much worse than in MY day'. I imagine that's been going on for a long, long time.

People have a tendency to glamorize the past.

That isn't to say there aren't any crime problems today, but I all-too-often see/hear people with a sense of 'today is so much worse than in MY day'. I imagine that's been going on for a long, long time.
Today IS much much worse than in my day.

The 80s figures should really be tossed out as it was the height of the crack epidemic.

Local news out of DC and other cities had to add a hour of morning programing (starting at 0500) just to cover the police blotter.

Today it's just simple mayhem due to lax prosecutions.

So you think murders and violent crime in the US has gone down????
No doubt. Many murders are now simple assaults. The killer is released within an hour of being arrested. Violent car jacking with injury is joy riding with no arrest.

See how that works. We could end up with zero violent crimes.

Today IS much much worse than in my day.
In my day we didn`t let anyone who wants a gun have a gun. With so many idiots leaving their guns in their vehicles overnight, it`s only gotten worse. Law abiding citizens can still be assholes and enablers and remain law abiding citizens.

Forum List

Back