Tell me how will I know

Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away

Show me the way, show me the way
Give me the strength and the courage
To believe that I'll get there someday
And please show me the way

Every night I say a prayer in the hopes that there's a heaven...

Of course you can believe whatever you want.

My father told me that when I asked about religion. He then added, “However you will be way ahead of the game if you believe in the Christian God, Jesus, and he actually exists.”

My father was agnostic at best however he was raised Catholic and had a considerable knowledge of the Bible. He loved to argue with Jehovah’s witnesses.

My father never told me he was talking about Pascal’s Wager.

But if you read the bible it clearly states not all will be saved in the book of Matthew
Saved from what?
Read the bible you ignorant clown

Are you kidding?
You believe in immaculate conception and virgin births etc yet you call him an clown?? You're the ignoramus and delusional.

Heaven is people, and is obviously real.

When Jews spoke of heaven and earth, they spoke of the temple. It was just a fact of daily life. “Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth,” Isaiah called out to Israel as he addressed the people in Chapter 1 (v 2). The Song of Moses begins the same way for the benefit of the whole assembly of Israel (Dt 31:30-32:1). In both cases, when the speaker addresses heaven and earth, he addresses flesh-and-blood human beings – the temple aristocracy and the sea of people under its umbrella.

There is nothing left of the self when a person's body dies. .....

You suppose, because you think that YOUR self is nothing right now.
The mind is a product of the brain.

You cannot separate the two.

When the brain dies the mind dies. .
You suppose. If you were interested in growth, you would dedicate quite a bit of time trying to understand why you need to believe that so badly. It’s pretty obvious.

Growth?

How is believing that my life is finite hampering my growth? If anything that knowledge makes me more aware of every moment I live and I take nothing for granted.

Why is it you need to believe that you are in some way eternal?
I understand that you’re frightened, and that’s natural.
I'm not afraid of death.

Yes you are, but you’re more afraid of life.
OK Sigmund Fraud

I believe in heaven but it's a struggle to do what is required to get there. Catholicism teaches we will all spend time in purgatory first, and that's a bummer because Earth is bad enough.
What is required to get Heaven???
The one and only requirement has already been provided. A pure blood sacrifice that covers sin permanently. And it is a gift from Jesus Christ. Our participation is accepting the gift. Nothing could be easier.
Purgatory is strictly Catholic dogma, and goes against what Paul told us, that being absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Christ is not in purgatory. We go straight up, to him.
While striving to live a good life, for Christ's sake, is important, striving to be redeemed in order to get into heaven, calls Christ's work on the cross incomplete. And God hates that. Our good works in that respect are seen as filth to our Father. An insult to Christ.

Last edited:
from where does physiology originate, appear
From selection. You have asked me this 100 times, and 100 times I have given you the correct answer. And 100 times you have thrown a fit. Why do you keep asking?
then tell all, holy oak - from where does physiology originate, appear ... and surly, its functionality. and do include flora.

From selection. You have asked me this 100 times, and 100 times I have given you the correct answer. And 100 times you have thrown a fit. Why do you keep asking?
that's not an answer - physiology is a metaphysical substance not native to planet Earth and will certainly appear wherever conditions are adequate for its evolution and has a spiritual content that when removed will cause its disappearance.

When you're dead well you're dead, enjoy what you have
I was watching a religious hunting show and the guy said something I'll never forget. For us atheists, earth is the closest we will ever get to heaven. For Christians, earth is the closest they will ever get to hell.

When you're dead well you're dead, enjoy what you have
You see I consider it the reverse, we are just visitors here for a very short time ( possibly many short times ) but the reality of our existence is elsewhere. I enjoy it all.

You see I consider it the reverse, we are just visitors here for a very short time ( possibly many short times ) but the reality of our existence is elsewhere. I enjoy it all.

In fact, this is the only life we can ever live or expect. It is extremely arrogant to think there will be another when we have been lucky to enjoy this one.
There has never been evidence produced to suggest another exists and no one has unique access to anything to know otherwise.

In fact, this is the only life we can ever live or expect. It is extremely arrogant to think there will be another when we have been lucky to enjoy this one.
There has never been evidence produced to suggest another exists and no one has unique access to anything to know otherwise.
Like you, I enjoy life and I feel nothing. For me that is the only way to live.

I believe in heaven but it's a struggle to do what is required to get there. Catholicism teaches we will all spend time in purgatory first, and that's a bummer because Earth is bad enough.
The Catholics gave up on the purgatory dogma. It's just not Biblical. Paul tells us that absent from the body means present with the Lord. If you belong to Christ, you go straight up.
As for the struggle required to get there, there is one way and one way only, and it does not require your participation. It requires your belief that Jesus Christ died for your sins.
When you accept Christ as your savior, your name is written in the Book of Life and your sins are put so far behind God, that he doesn't even remember them anymore.

The Catholics gave up on the purgatory dogma. It's just not Biblical. Paul tells us that absent from the body means present with the Lord. If you belong to Christ, you go straight up.
As for the struggle required to get there, there is one way and one way only, and it does not require your participation. It requires your belief that Jesus Christ died for your sins.
When you accept Christ as your savior, your name is written in the Book of Life and your sins are put so far behind God, that he doesn't even remember them anymore.
" Heaven " resides in a parallel universe. In heaven we are all one with GOD. It is total peace, love and tranquility. There is a problem however, there is no time which means there is no change. After a while it becomes very boring, that is why we visit here on Earth and 14 other worlds in the physical universe. We are not the bodies we coexist in. The illusion is so strong that we are most people never question it. It is a short-lived glorious adventure to live a life as an individual ( a vacation ) and be able to accomplish things. For us there is no death, there is death for the physical forms that we inhabit. That death enables the transition back to our real universe.
Now you know the truth of our existence, or should I say being.

In fact, in Christianity, and so there is no heaven, these are traces of merging with "polytheism". The Judeo-Christian concept exalts the carnal and earthly world.
I believe in heaven in a figurative sense, as the idealists believed. For example, the ancient Latins believed in spirit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back