I currently have the most amazing customer in all my 30 years of doing remodeling

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
So we finished the first bathroom and he gave me a set of Snap On screw drivers the day before we were done. Like 10 drivers total.
Then the day we finished he gave me a 600.00 tip and asked me to stay and do another bathroom. Smaller one this time just a guest bath.
My birthday was a couple days ago and we show up to a loaf of homemade banana bread and a ton of cupcakes with a birthday card. My grandkids gobbled up the cakes last night at our BBQ.
Then yesterday I told him we'd be done today and he asked me to stay and redo the living room, dining room & kitchen along with tearing out a wall and an extended bar top.
So today we wrapped up the second bath and he left a check for that final payment plus a 200.00 tip. AND 6 LBS OF FRESH HAMBURGER, 2 FRESH TBONE STAKS AND 2 RIBYES...... All from his family's farm. Cooking the tbones tonight with a big ass baker!

Holy hell! I've had some pretty generous customers over the years but this is just crazy.

Taking a 3 day weekend and starting the other 3 areas Monday.

• Banned
They are never home and the first week was kinda nerve racking because his dog doesn't like strangers and she just barked non stop. Finally the second week she just whined so we asked if we could let her out of the kennel on our breaks to go pee or whatever. Now he says she sits at the front door toy in mouth every morning from 6:30 till he leaves waiting for us lol

Thats how I treat a good vendor.
If you do right by me I'll do right by you.
The guy I hired to install my new 77 inch TV did a great job so I hired him to install 8 security lights with motion sensors. The TV required fishing a lot of wires and coax lines which I know through experience is a royal pain in the ass. He hung the TV over the fireplace with a 33 inch drop down.
And I'm hiring him to drop some coax cables through the attic and down an exterior wall for my gaming setup.

Moral of the OP:

No matter what you do, be it as a janitor or the President of a country, do it with all your heart and treat people right. You WILL be rewarded in many ways.

How sad that so many people do a lousy job, overcharge, and then wonder why no one wants their services!

Moral of the OP:

No matter what you do, be it as a janitor or the President of a country, do it with all your heart and treat people right. You WILL be rewarded in many ways.

How sad that so many people do a lousy job, overcharge, and then wonder why no one wants their services!

My Dad used to tell me the same.
He said I dont care if you're a ditch digger,but you need to be the best ditch digger on the planet.

It is impossible to find quality labor in the states. If they are not ripping you off by cutting corners, they hurry and half ass jobs.
He probably appreciates the one honest guy he has found in a while.

It is impossible to find quality labor in the states. If they are not ripping you off by cutting corners, they hurry and half ass jobs.
He probably appreciates the one honest guy he has found in a while.
That's why lawyers, mechanics, plumbers, etc. have such a bad reputation.

Here in Los Angeles sometime ago, some taxi drivers would install a button that made the meter go faster.

A lot of those taxi drivers have lost their jobs because of the pandemic. I am not exactly crying for those who used to rip off their passengers.

That's why lawyers, mechanics, plumbers, etc. have such a bad reputation.

Here in Los Angeles sometime ago, some taxi drivers would install a button that made the meter go faster.

A lot of those taxi drivers have lost their jobs because of the pandemic. I am not exactly crying for those who used to rip off their passengers.
Yeah, that's an old trick. Probably why traditional tax services are going the way of the Dodo.

He wouldn't have been such a generous tipper if he wasn't extremely pleased with the finished product. Good work has its own rewards, both internally, and in this case, externally.

So we finished the first bathroom and he gave me a set of Snap On screw drivers the day before we were done. Like 10 drivers total.
Then the day we finished he gave me a 600.00 tip and asked me to stay and do another bathroom. Smaller one this time just a guest bath.
My birthday was a couple days ago and we show up to a loaf of homemade banana bread and a ton of cupcakes with a birthday card. My grandkids gobbled up the cakes last night at our BBQ.
Then yesterday I told him we'd be done today and he asked me to stay and redo the living room, dining room & kitchen along with tearing out a wall and an extended bar top.
So today we wrapped up the second bath and he left a check for that final payment plus a 200.00 tip. AND 6 LBS OF FRESH HAMBURGER, 2 FRESH TBONE STAKS AND 2 RIBYES...... All from his family's farm. Cooking the tbones tonight with a big ass baker!

Holy hell! I've had some pretty generous customers over the years but this is just crazy.

How long ago did you move to Costa Rica ?
last time I did a nice double gate for a guy he gave me an old trail 90. Cool.
Farmers around the world are mostly like that. City folk can likkmee.

I had a guy rescreen my pool area. The price was $2250 and I gave him a $50 tip. I thought that was pretty generous but nothing compared to your customer.

Just out of curiosity. After umpteen years of not listening to me about getting water on the floor when taking a shower, my kids' bathroom wood flooring is warped. The plywood underneath is probably shot.

I bought some stone tiles and mortar a while ago. I made sure all the tiles were from the same lot. A friend was going to rip up the floor and lay the tile for $300, but then moved away before the project started.

Not asking you to do it. Just asking what you would charge so I have a reference point while I shop around.

You're a liar, plain and simple. There are a lot of good workers in this country, proven by the OP. Liar.
Sad...you are the reason this country is failing...excuse makers. Weak willed, lazy, excuse makers.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Forum List

Back