I can't wait to join the military!

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
This thread is for conservatives, to show there is still hope in the youth of today.
This thread is for liberals, to show there is still American youths who wish to fight and shed blood for America, no matter how much you wish to deny it.

Almost every night I do internet research, looking at different MOS's and reading reports of battles past and present of all branches of the military. I try to learn about armored warfare, artillery strategy, infantry tactics, and all things the like.

I'm a Chief Master Sergeant in the Civil Air Patrol. Usually, I'm surrounded by hard-charging young men like myself. I have an itch that I can't scratch listening to teachers drone on in a classroom or other teenagers complain about things. Bowling on saturday nights just doesnt do it for me. This itch can only be scratched by buttoning up a uniform, lacing a pair of boots, and racking the charging handle on an M16. There's nothing I want to do more.

Semper Fi said:
This thread is for conservatives, to show there is still hope in the youth of today.
This thread is for liberals, to show there is still American youths who wish to fight and shed blood for America, no matter how much you wish to deny it.

Almost every night I do internet research, looking at different MOS's and reading reports of battles past and present of all branches of the military. I try to learn about armored warfare, artillery strategy, infantry tactics, and all things the like.

I'm a Chief Master Sergeant in the Civil Air Patrol. Usually, I'm surrounded by hard-charging young men like myself. I have an itch that I can't scratch listening to teachers drone on in a classroom or other teenagers complain about things. Bowling on saturday nights just doesnt do it for me. This itch can only be scratched by buttoning up a uniform, lacing a pair of boots, and racking the charging handle on an M16. There's nothing I want to do more.

Easy there stud. No sense in using up all your powder in the first volley!

I can only speak for myself and with that in mind, I think a military career is an awesome path for any person to pursue. My two sons apparently think so too as well as my niece who just graduated from jump school and has been assigned to the 82d Airborne. However, it is not always an easy path so keep that in mind!

The truth is being in the military is a great springboard to a career as a civilian too. A vast majority of civil service government employees are former military (like myself). And I've seen lots of airmen get offered big bucks to work in the corporate world for various jobs.

I've mingled around the idea of joining the Navy. I would have a good chance of being stationed around Europe, in a nice safe location, because my first language is Sicilian-Italian.

However, now that I've looked at scholarships for other Universities, and such, I think I may just stay here and work on earning PhD in a field of my choosing.

Semper Fi, Are you in the delayed entry program yet?
My son went into DEP at 16 and it helped him a lot to prepare for boot and keep in shape. He also went in as a PFC for signing up two other recuits during DEP.
:salute:

Attachments

• $usmarineParent2.jpg
    $usmarineParent2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 86
Otter_Creek said:
Semper Fi, Are you in the delayed entry program yet?
My son went into DEP at 16 and it helped him a lot to prepare for boot and keep in shape. He also went in as a PFC for signing up two other recuits during DEP.
:salute:

Negative, not in the DEP yet. It may sound ambitious, but my plan right now is to go into the Corps as an officer after going through college. I've been looking at different commissioning programs and colleges/universities that can help me. My brother is in Army ROTC at UW-Madison, seems like a good deal, so I'll probably doing something with MO-NROTC. If all comes to all, I'll enlist in the National Guard as a way to pay for college...I was considering doing so between my junior and senior years of high school, I havent talked to a recruiter and heard their sales pitch yet...I'm planning on doing that here soon, and get acquainted with the Marines recruiter here in my new town.

Oh, and I'm about two weeks from having enough time-in-grade to become an officer in the Civil Air Patrol, which would put me in as an E-3. :banana:

The College track is a good choice, Semper Fi.
What do you want to do professionally? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine went through Medical school with the Navy paying his way. There are many opportunities with the Military.

Mr. P said:
The College track is a good choice, Semper Fi.
What do you want to do professionally? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine went through Medical school with the Navy paying his way. There are many opportunities with the Military.

I WANNA KILL, OOORAH!!

Just kidding (sort of), after the military I dont really know. Ideally I would become an author...or a hardware store owner...

Semper Fi said:
I WANNA KILL, OOORAH!!

Just kidding (sort of), after the military I dont really know. Ideally I would become an author...or a hardware store owner...
Think hard about it, 20 30 years down the road what would you want?
The opportunities are endless but you really only have ONE “easy” shot.
That shot is the first one, hit the bulls-eye and you’ll never look back.

I can advice Semper Fi to join the French Legion (language course is included) and start your military career from there.

Relay said:
I can advice Semper Fi to join the French Legion (language course is included) and start your military career from there.

If the marines dont let me in and a few other things dont work out, then I will. It is on my list of options though.

And just out of curiosity, why did you bolden my name?

Semper Fi said:
If the marines dont let me in and a few other things dont work out, then I will. It is on my list of options though.

So it would be easier to see it thats why.

Niccolò Matteo said:
I've mingled around the idea of joining the Navy. I would have a good chance of being stationed around Europe, in a nice safe location, because my first language is Sicilian-Italian.

The languages you know won't have any bearing on where you get stationed, unless you become a linguist.

Semper Fi said:

Ridiculous idea. The French Foreign Legion offers the opportunity to be in the French Foreign Legion. As a bonus, you get to carry out the policies of a vacilating, appeasing government.

But, I AM interested in why you would assume the Marine Corps would not want you .......

GunnyL said:
Ridiculous idea. The French Foreign Legion offers the opportunity to be in the French Foreign Legion. As a bonus, you get to carry out the policies of a vacilating, appeasing government.

But, I AM interested in why you would assume the Marine Corps would not want you .......

And on top of that.....its the French :p

Semper Fi, you'll be fine bro. Getting in is not that hard, it's becoming that's the hard part. I just got through MEPs and got sworn into the Corps. Just remember when you go to MEPs as far as they're concerned, you're invincible, nothing ever has been wrong with you LoL. They're there to disqualify you from joining. It'll be 5AM, so all they wanna do is get out and go play some golf.

Good luck man, and trust, you'll be fine. Semper Fi and OORAH bro.

GunnyL said:

Eyesight mainly. Otherwise, there's no real reason. Always good to keep my options open.

New Topics

Forum List

Back