I can't afford surgery in the U.S.

No, I recommend just staying at home and waiting until someone from Owe Bama's Traveling Health Care Clinic comes to your town and waddle down and get your ingrown toenails taken off for free. If that isn't an option then I guess you might just have to break down and get a job with medical benefits. If you can't find a job then I guess you're fucked and will just have to die. Sucks to be you.

Last edited:
Yep, medical tourism from the US has been on the rise in Costa Rica for some time (and will probably get a boost from the whole Rush debacle). It's pretty cool because the tourists come and maybe stay at a hotel, maybe do some eco-touristy shit and bring their fat wallets with fat dollars for some much needed foreign exchange. Then again, there's also the risk of undermining the private system by making stuff more expensive if enough come and drawing talent away from the public system; but at least for now that seems under control.

Yes, if you have terminal cancer, get a job!

Fucking idiots!

If you have terminal cancer and can't pay....see Dude's earlier comments...Medicaid or Medicare....SCHIPS....etc...

right...........l.

Legal Loophole Ensnares Breast-Cancer Patients - WSJ.com

LONGVIEW, Texas -- In June 2003, Shirley Loewe went to Good Shepherd Medical Center here with a softball-size lump in her breast and was diagnosed with a rare form of breast cancer. She didn't know it, but she had just made a big mistake.

Ms. Loewe was uninsured. Under federal law, she could have gotten Medicaid coverage -- and saved herself a lot of hardship -- if she'd gone to a different clinic less than a half-mile away. But by walking through Good Shepherd's doors, Ms. Loewe unwittingly let that opportunity slip and embarked on a four-year journey through the Byzantine U.S. health-care system.

It was an odyssey that would take her to five hospitals, two clinics, two charitable organizations and two nursing homes in two states. She was denied assistance or care at least six times along the way, for reasons that ranged from not being poor enough to not being sick enough.

Ms. Loewe eventually got treatment, but at personal cost and great aggravation. To qualify for charity assistance, she had to reduce her $15,000-a-year income as a hairdresser by cutting back on her working hours and giving up her home. Later, she lucked into first-class care thanks to a serendipitous encounter at a Little League game

'I can't afford surgery in the U.S.,' says bargain shopper - CNN.com

Ah yes, we've got it so good and the UK and Canada have it so bad!

according to CONSERVATIVE/republican/tea party DEATH PANELS....

if you can't afford surgery
and don't have insurance....

you'll just have to die....

You could always get one of these new fangled things called a "job" - you can even choose one with benefits to your liking if you want..

Not to mention ASKING one of the myriad of VOLUNTARY charities out there who help people on a daily basis... and not thinking it is OWED to you at the expense of someone else's labor

I talked to a friend of mine a few days ago whom I knew in university. She had moved to New York but developed health problems and moved back to Toronto because she would be treated better there since it was a pre-existing condition and going back to Canada wouldn't ruin her financially.

Since the company that I work for has several units in Canada, we have a number of Canadians working with us. Uniformly, they prefer the Canadian system to what they see in the US.

And when Canada went to that system, the Canadian health statistics were almost identical to those in the US. Now they are better in almost every category. Especially longevity and infant survival.

Results count!

I guess that so does inconsistent statistical gathering standards

His co-workers must not have to had medical imaging and diagnostics performed considering the wait times in Canada either.

Last edited:
Yes, if you have terminal cancer, get a job!

Fucking idiots!

If you have terminal cancer and can't pay....see Dude's earlier comments...Medicaid or Medicare....SCHIPS....etc...

right...........l.

LONGVIEW, Texas -- In June 2003, Shirley Loewe went to Good Shepherd Medical Center here with a softball-size lump in her breast and was diagnosed with a rare form of breast cancer. She didn't know it, but she had just made a big mistake.

Ms. Loewe was uninsured. Under federal law, she could have gotten Medicaid coverage -- and saved herself a lot of hardship -- if she'd gone to a different clinic less than a half-mile away. But by walking through Good Shepherd's doors, Ms. Loewe unwittingly let that opportunity slip and embarked on a four-year journey through the Byzantine U.S. health-care system.

It was an odyssey that would take her to five hospitals, two clinics, two charitable organizations and two nursing homes in two states. She was denied assistance or care at least six times along the way, for reasons that ranged from not being poor enough to not being sick enough.

Ms. Loewe eventually got treatment, but at personal cost and great aggravation. To qualify for charity assistance, she had to reduce her $15,000-a-year income as a hairdresser by cutting back on her working hours and giving up her home. Later, she lucked into first-class care thanks to a serendipitous encounter at a Little League game

So what your saying is that Medicaid is inefficient and many don't know how to receive help? No arguments here....:clap2:

right...........l.

So what your saying is that Medicaid is inefficient and many don't know how to receive help? No arguments here....:clap2:

And he wants the Feds to run his health care......he needs more than they can offer :wtf:

Forum List

Back