I Blame Wilson for Bad Throw

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ball should have been thrown to receiver's gut, not over his shoulder. Perfect spot for an interception. Bingo.

I think it should of been thrown further pass the goal line, to a side end line , and I bet they threw thinking the Patriots would never of expected it. At first I thought they were crazy to throw it. I wanted the Patriots to win anyway, Seattle won last year. I'm glad it was a close game.

It was a stupid call, but Wilson could have just thrown the ball away. He was foolish to throw the ball into a mass of defenders. Very bad decision making.

The entire defense was on the goalline and in the endzone. It would have been a mass of defenders anywhere there were seahawks players.

Bad playcall, obviously not a perfect throw, great play by a rookie defender to make the pick. I don't know if Butler should get all of the credit or if he was clued in to what the play might be by a teammate or coach, but he made a great break on the ball and took it from the receiver.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423013060.916835.jpg

Bad playcall, obviously not a perfect throw, great play by a rookie defender to make the pick. I don't know if Butler should get all of the credit or if he was clued in to what the play might be by a teammate or coach, but he made a great break on the ball and took it from the receiver.

It was an awesome play. I will never forget THAT particular interception. Lol. :D

It was more of a great play in jumping the route and intercepting the ball than it was a poor thrown balL by Willson.

Last edited:
It was more of a great play in jumping the route and intercepting the ball than it was a poor thrown balL by Willson.

He tried to force the pass, and Lockett was totally surprised that a defender was anywhere near him. When Butler grabbed that ball, Lockett was stunned.

He was just there. It looked brilliant, but he was defending the run up the middle.
Wow, look at that ... you know as little about football as you do about politics. :lol:

Bozo, Butler was never looking for a run on that play. He was lined up 4 yards off the line of scrimmage in front of the wide receiver. He was on Lockette the entire time and beat him to the ball.

Hot read passes actually have to be thrown below the gut so the pass is incomplete if not caught as opposed to getting intercepted. Wilson threw too high and blew the S-Bowl. I don't blame Carroll. It's on Wilson.........

One of the best S-Bowls evah!!!

Hot read passes actually have to be thrown below the gut so the pass is incomplete if not caught as opposed to getting intercepted. Wilson threw too high and blew the S-Bowl. I don't blame Carroll. It's on Wilson.........

Why can't you blame them both? :lol:

Why can't people give the Pats credit for a heads up play. :D It's funny because there was absolutely no guarantees that the running back would have scored, having a less than 50% success rating in the red zone. Lol. I think the Pats were ready to stuff him. That's why the pass play was called, but our guy scoped it out and was ready, came in and intercepted the ball. :D THAT was no guarantee either. That was pure skill.

Why can't people give the Pats credit for a heads up play. :D It's funny because there was absolutely no guarantees that the running back would have scored, having a less than 50% success rating in the red zone. Lol. I think the Pats were ready to stuff him. That's why the pass play was called, but our guy scoped it out and was ready, came in and intercepted the ball. :D THAT was no guarantee either. That was pure skill.
A) the red zone is 20 yards. Lynch needed just one.
B) he could have had 3 chances, which means even a 33% success rate would have won the Super Bowl for the Seahawks.

A) the red zone is 20 yards. Lynch needed just one.
B) he could have had 3 chances, which means even a 33% success rate would have won the Super Bowl for the Seahawks.

He has a less than 50% success rating in the red zone. I think he is rated at 41%. That would mean he had LESS THAN 50% chance of getting it in there. When you are within 5-10 yards of the end zone, it's not that easy to knock one in there. :D They're waiting for you.

Forum List

Back