I bet you DeSantis fanbois didn't see this one coming 🤣

Hence why Trump will always have an advantage in the Primaries against any GOP candidate. He is headstrong and willing to take on an issue even if unpopular with the usual commentators, MSM and institutions. Voters want leaders, not politicians.

Why choose to pick such a fight without proper legal advice? I didn't really follow this issue much but if you aren't truly interested in making a decision and/or aren't fully informed before you make such a decision, the appearance is "I make decision for political gain and red meat, not because I agree with them".

If he is serious about a run in 2024, he had better be able to explain this decision himself. Or, find a work around to prove to people "I do believe this is an important issue, as a leader who has his finger on the pulse of citizens, I will address it, somehow"

Because he was going to lose in the courts.

Just like Trump lost dozens of times. He just lied to his base and his base believed him. What you guys absolutely do not understand is that this is the type of bullshit why you keep losing elections.

Sadistic Ron DeSanctimonious over-reached.
Possibly... but he was willing to make a stand and the political benefit will still accrue to him. IIRC, Disney's Fairies took a BIG hit on stock value and the sick pervs deserved it.

Because his law would almost certainly be overturned by the courts.

Yes, he is backing down, but not for that reason.

The cost to Florida is much too high under the new law.

Hence why Trump will always have an advantage in the Primaries against any GOP candidate. He is headstrong and willing to take on an issue even if unpopular with the usual commentators, MSM and institutions. Voters want leaders, not politicians.

Why choose to pick such a fight without proper legal advice? I didn't really follow this issue much but if you aren't truly interested in making a decision and/or aren't fully informed before you make such a decision, the appearance is "I make decision for political gain and red meat, not because I agree with them".

If he is serious about a run in 2024, he had better be able to explain this withdrawal of proceedings himself. Or, find a work around solution to prove to people "I do believe this is an important issue, as a leader who has his finger on the pulse of citizens, I will address it, somehow"
You do realize the state legislature enacted this new law, right?

The new law never made any sense as it makes the state liable for billions in return it would owe Disney for a few million in property tax each year. It accomplished it's goal of removing the woke CEO of Disney.

Yes, he is backing down, but not for that reason.

The cost to Florida is much too high under the new law.
The cost to Florida was too high for Disney to come here in the first place. It always has been.

They brought crime, congestion, higher prices, higher taxation, strain on the Floridian Aquifer and destruction of the old south Central Florida. That doesn't include all the obnoxious asshole Yankees that followed.

I lived in Orlando for two years in the early 1970s before Disney came on line. It was a nice quiet Southern town. The main industries were Citrus, nearby Ranching and the Martin Marietta Defense Plant that was the biggest employer in town. A lot of the workers at Cape Canaveral lived in Orlando and communed to work via the Beeline Express. Housing prices were dirt cheap and taxes were low. Great place to live and raise children. Now it is like all big city shitholes.

Note on Martin Marietta. I worked for them in Orlando for several years in the 1980s and 1990s. Their Orlando employment was about 5-6K most of the time. Their payroll was higher than Disney and Disney had almost ten times as many workers.

I know and have known several people that worked for Disney over the years. Mostly professionals. Disney is a shitty employer. Most people don't like working there. Low pay and bad working conditions.

Tell me you're a dumbass who doesn't understand Florida politics without telling me you're a dumbass who doesn't understand Florida politics.
4i6Ckte.gif
You're used to a party in lockstep. You don't understand people having independent thought.

The Democrat Party is Borg. You only know assimilation

So DeSantis was never really serious about going after Disney and stripping it of its self-governing status. It was all kabuki theater before the mid term elections. Promises made, promises broken.
:laughing0301:

"On Friday, Carl Quintanilla of CNBC News reported that Florida Republicans are quietly planning to reverse a key decision touted by Gov. Ron DeSantis designed to retaliate against the Walt Disney Corporation for criticizing one of his signature anti-LGBTQ laws.
Specifically, they are planning to reverse their previous move abolishing the Reedy Creek Improvement Act — a decades-old provision that allowed Disney to build Walt Disney World in the swamps outside Orlando and set up their own local government taxing district to administer the area.

This comes just weeks after DeSantis, who touted his war against Disney politically during the election campaign, was re-elected decisively — but before the repeal of the taxing district could actually take effect."

Florida GOP quietly backtracks on one of Ron DeSantis' biggest initiatives
/——/ Because the new CEO isn’t one of your woke freaks.
1F568600-759F-45CB-9AC6-DD78A0BAB888.jpeg
1F568600-759F-45CB-9AC6-DD78A0BAB888.jpeg

Billions they would loose from closing down and the billions it would cost to relocate. I'm sure the shareholders would love for that to happen.

I know.. sometimes all your choices are hard ones, but it looks like Desantis is in a pissing contest with Disney. How's that going to improve?

So DeSantis was never really serious about going after Disney and stripping it of its self-governing status. It was all kabuki theater before the mid term elections. Promises made, promises broken.
:laughing0301:

"On Friday, Carl Quintanilla of CNBC News reported that Florida Republicans are quietly planning to reverse a key decision touted by Gov. Ron DeSantis designed to retaliate against the Walt Disney Corporation for criticizing one of his signature anti-LGBTQ laws.
Specifically, they are planning to reverse their previous move abolishing the Reedy Creek Improvement Act — a decades-old provision that allowed Disney to build Walt Disney World in the swamps outside Orlando and set up their own local government taxing district to administer the area.

This comes just weeks after DeSantis, who touted his war against Disney politically during the election campaign, was re-elected decisively — but before the repeal of the taxing district could actually take effect."

Florida GOP quietly backtracks on one of Ron DeSantis' biggest initiatives
Raw Sewage?!?.....Seriously?

Forum List

Back